AIAIAI TMA-1
May 6, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,306 of 1,345
Hi guys.
Headband snapped today on my tma-1 yg's
frown.gif
bought them the week the edition was released! Looking to get new drivers and a headband, as my wires are fine and got a few sets of pads already. Will be getting the S03 & S04 drivers but not sure what headband? Got quite a big head and found my yg clamped abit too much, to the point where the pad on the band was barely touching my head. Would like to hear your oppinions on the different styles of band? Wouldnt mind saving a bit of dough if i can as well
tongue.gif

Also do you guys use amps to drive these? If so which amps??

The H3 is really comfortable (for me anyway). For me the H1 (and probably H2) has more clamping force and the padding on the actual head band is minimal. The drivers work really well without an amp from just a mobile phone or laptop (they were designed to run from pretty much anything). I have a Fiio mont blanc and a PAPv2 (not the correct name but its something like that) but I don't use them with either the my S3 or S4 drivers because they for me they don't affect the detail/quality in the audio, they just let you go "LOUDER"    

May 6, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #1,307 of 1,345
  Hey guys,

I want to donate my AIAIAI TMA-2 to my girlfriend, but she doesn't like to stock cable and doesn't like any replacement on their official website. She wants something flashy and colorful, yet light (so no coiled monster).

I believe it is a standard 3.5mm male <--> 3.5mm cable headphone, but in the original's AIAIAI cable, there is that  "click" mechanism implemented, so I am afraid anything not bought directly from the AIAIAI's website will not fit.

Any thoughts? Does anyone have experience with buying non-official cables for AIAIAI TMA-2?

Thanks.

I use an old a cable from my old Monster Inspirations and it fits with one set of my TMA-2s (my aiaiai cable has a problem with the wiring and I too lazy to send it back for repair/replacement). The click mechanism is so you don't yank the cable out and loose sound when DJing more than anything. If you can find a cable that has a plug slightly smaller than the whole in the driver or the 3.5mm pin is longer than standard it should work.

Or if you know someone who has/had white monster Inspirations you can "borrow" one of their cables to use.

My last suggestion would be to look at cable sleeves they sell at computer stores and online at places like newegg. I haven't tried but you might be able to use them to cover the aiaiai cable

May 6, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #1,308 of 1,345

I use an old a cable from my old Monster Inspirations and it fits with one set of my TMA-2s (my aiaiai cable has a problem with the wiring and I too lazy to send it back for repair/replacement). The click mechanism is so you don't yank the cable out and loose sound when DJing more than anything. If you can find a cable that has a plug slightly smaller than the whole in the driver or the 3.5mm pin is longer than standard it should work.

Or if you know someone who has/had white monster Inspirations you can "borrow" one of their cables to use.

My last suggestion would be to look at cable sleeves they sell at computer stores and online at places like newegg. I haven't tried but you might be able to use them to cover the aiaiai cable

What we have observed was that if I used any random 3.5mm jack, then only one headphone worked - both worked only with the default stock cable, and only after I "clicked" it deep inside.

But thanks for your suggestion - I'll keep looking  for the right one.

May 14, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #1,309 of 1,345
Hi guys.
Headband snapped today on my tma-1 yg's
frown.gif
bought them the week the edition was released! Looking to get new drivers and a headband, as my wires are fine and got a few sets of pads already. Will be getting the S03 & S04 drivers but not sure what headband? Got quite a big head and found my yg clamped abit too much, to the point where the pad on the band was barely touching my head. Would like to hear your oppinions on the different styles of band? Wouldnt mind saving a bit of dough if i can as well
tongue.gif

Also do you guys use amps to drive these? If so which amps??

My YG headband also broke last year and I got a free replacement of the TMA-2 version. y You should try for the replacement as you'll get for free the S04 driver, E05 earpads and a custom H71 headband which is the same as the original YG one (they give you voucher codes that make the items purchased free).

With the replacement I too bought the H01 headband and the E04 earpads. H01 headband is a bit looser and feels lighter than the original YG version and the new one you get.

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,310 of 1,345
I bought a customized set that arrived in just a few days a few weeks ago. Decided immediately I don't like their fit, and tried to contact them by email (twice) and their FB page. No responses, and there are others there saying the same thing. Anyone else?

Aug 13, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #1,311 of 1,345
I bought a customized set that arrived in just a few days a few weeks ago. Decided immediately I don't like their fit, and tried to contact them by email (twice) and their FB page. No responses, and there are others there saying the same thing. Anyone else?

I tried emailing them about TMA-2 cables that do not lock into my Ghostly Internationals, about 9 days ago. No response yet.

This was attached in the email:

"OUR OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED 05-06/05/16 due to National Holiday therefore you might experience a couple of days delay on our response. "

Why is this relevant? It's already August.
I don't know if they're using MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY. I can obviously see that that would mean May or June.

Idk what's up with them, they've really been helpful in the past.

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,312 of 1,345
I may end up just keeping these, I did some bending of the headband and they're better. I generally don't like doing that until I am 100% I will own something. If I mess it up, I'm keeping it, like it or not. I'll just see what happens. I hope they are still in business.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,313 of 1,345
Hey guys, I've been looking extensively for a new pair of headphones. And to put you in perspective, my last two pairs were the classic Portapro Classic. 

I mainly listen to Techno, Electronica in general, but also Rock.
And I also love producing music, and even though it's a hobby, I always take my hobbies seriously. So, i've been looking for a good pair of headphones that I can both take outside, but that allow me to produce music fairly reasonably, so I need a flatter response. For comparison, I've also been staring at ATH-m40x's. I see there is a monitor preset on the TMA-2's that use the S01 + E05, how do these compare, if they compare at all?
What I'm thinking is going with a cheaper combo, like the all-round preset, which also uses the S01, and on my next paycheck order a more suitable pair of earpads for production.

Does anyone produce with these headphones in any configuration at all? To be honest I'd like to spend the least amount of money I can, but I really want some amazing headphones and I've heard the m40x's are a bit fragile and have some problems with the high frequencies. So I wouldn't mind going to 150-170 if it means they will be much better in all aspects.

Thank you in advance.

edit:
This config would be perfect in terms of budget and portability for me, do you think I would be happy with these?
https://i.imgur.com/Xg1DgLa.png

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #1,314 of 1,345
  Hey guys, I've been looking extensively for a new pair of headphones. And to put you in perspective, my last two pairs were the classic Portapro Classic. 

I mainly listen to Techno, Electronica in general, but also Rock.
And I also love producing music, and even though it's a hobby, I always take my hobbies seriously. So, i've been looking for a good pair of headphones that I can both take outside, but that allow me to produce music fairly reasonably, so I need a flatter response. For comparison, I've also been staring at ATH-m40x's. I see there is a monitor preset on the TMA-2's that use the S01 + E05, how do these compare, if they compare at all?
What I'm thinking is going with a cheaper combo, like the all-round preset, which also uses the S01, and on my next paycheck order a more suitable pair of earpads for production.

Does anyone produce with these headphones in any configuration at all? To be honest I'd like to spend the least amount of money I can, but I really want some amazing headphones and I've heard the m40x's are a bit fragile and have some problems with the high frequencies. So I wouldn't mind going to 150-170 if it means they will be much better in all aspects.

Thank you in advance.

edit:
This config would be perfect in terms of budget and portability for me, do you think I would be happy with these?
https://i.imgur.com/Xg1DgLa.png

The best way to save money with these would be to get the cheaper headband. The soundstage for your configuration would not be too wide and the comfort of the earpads depends on how long your listening sessions will be. I found with the E1 that after I removed the headphones or had to adjust them my ears hurt a little bit but while they were on I didn't have any pain.

As far as i'm aware the Monitor preset are aimed at TV/Radio/Podcast production than music production. I have both the S3 and S4 drivers and a range of earpads. I would say either the S3 - E5 or the S4 - E4 are your best bet for music production although I haven't listened to the S1.

I would say if you are doing anything with vocals avoid the studio preset (s3 -e4). While the warm sound is good for long listening sessions but I have found random tracks where vocals will become veiled with this combination. I mostly do hip-hop production for some friends for fun to rap on so this isn't really an issue for me but I also use these as general listening headphones so that's where I notice.

I use the S4-E4 combination as my everyday/walkaround headphone because the isolation of the E4 earpad is better for public transport but I don't find the isolation difference between the E4 and E5 life changing, you just hear the trucks a little less while your waiting for the bus. The S3-E5 are my home listening/production pair at the moment.

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,315 of 1,345
Nov 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,316 of 1,345
Nov 19, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,318 of 1,345
I really thinking hard on backing the Kickstarter for the bluetooth headband. 

Feb 9, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #1,319 of 1,345
  For details, I feel the S01 is better. Have tried the S01 with E03, the sound is pretty clear over the bass, mids and highs.S01 plus E03 has a stronger bass but still keep the clarity and comfortable. S04 is more dynamic and the sound is brighter (similar to TMA-1 Studio YG Edition that I like).
Sorry that I do not know about the transient responds. May see if ther others can help or refer to AIAIAI's website and over there each combinaton has recommended the suitable genres.
L3000.gif

Stronger bass than an over ear earpad?

Also, how is the comfort of the E03 compared to others you have tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back