19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Jan 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #542 of 687
Toxic Cables, new Silver Widow IEM cable.

The first ever Litz Type 2 Silver IEM cables, with a larger % of gold then found in my Silver Poison, at 25.5AWG it is also a little thicker then the Silver Poison and comes as standard with my new custom made aluminium Y splitter.

Also available now, is the White Widow, looks exactly the same, but instead is a Silver plated Copper Type 2 Litz cable.

The first Silver Widow review of a headphone cables can be found here, where it is also compared to the Silver Poison.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #543 of 687
Give me a few days and it'll be added to the IEM Cable list with the pictures. Hella busy these days. Looks interesting. Need to get my hands on someones to test for myself one day.
Quote:
Toxic Cables, new Silver Widow IEM cable.

The first ever Litz Type 2 Silver IEM cables, with a larger % of gold then found in my Silver Poison, at 25.5AWG it is also a little thicker then the Silver Poison and comes as standard with my new custom made aluminium Y splitter.

Also available now, is the White Widow, looks exactly the same, but instead is a Silver plated Copper Type 2 Litz cable.

The first Silver Widow review of a headphone cables can be found here, where it is also compared to the Silver Poison.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #544 of 687
Beat Audio Cronus (tested pin compatibility: JHA)
4) Beat Audio Ruby Supreme (tested pin compatibility: JHA)
do they fit the 1964 v3?

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #545 of 687
Quote:
1a) Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Cable $40
Why does the UERM cable (and all new UE monitors after September 1, 2010) have their own entry?  Because they are different and IMO better than other stock cables in many ways.  First, the shell connectors fit over a protruding socket for a secure fit with a great angle that works well in my ears.  Next the actual cable uses a very tight braid for the area between the nice looking 3.5mm plug and the Y-split and then after the Y-split the cable uses a very tight twist.  The cable uses 4 wires to avoid issues that can be caused by splitting one wire to two at the Y-split.

The cable is built like a tank, has no memory, isn't easy to tangle, and ergonomically is very nice.

Ergonomics: 10
Tangle Resistance: 9
Memory Effect: 9.5
Build Quality: 10
Works with recessed sockets: No, protruding sockets
Options: 48" or 64"; black or clear

I am on my second of these and after 10 months of usage, they are showing the same failure mode. Wire color makes no difference. The memory wire tube begins breaking off. I'm not sure you can warrant a build quality of 10 if the life expectancy is less than a year. Is anyone else getting this? Also the price is only $30 and recently a built in mic has been offered for $50.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #547 of 687
Hi guys, any cables recommendation for the westone 4r?in terms of removing the veil? any reply is appreciated. thanks.
normal_smile .gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #548 of 687
Quote:
Beat Audio Cronus (tested pin compatibility: JHA)
4) Beat Audio Ruby Supreme (tested pin compatibility: JHA)
do they fit the 1964 v3?

I believe they do fit 1964 products.

Quote:
I am on my second of these and after 10 months of usage, they are showing the same failure mode. Wire color makes no difference. The memory wire tube begins breaking off. I'm not sure you can warrant a build quality of 10 if the life expectancy is less than a year. Is anyone else getting this? Also the price is only $30 and recently a built in mic has been offered for $50.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Anyone else with a similar issue?

Quote:
would like to see the comment for Stefan AudioArt E series on JH 16pro~

They look interesting...

Quote:
Hi guys, any cables recommendation for the westone 4r?in terms of removing the veil? any reply is appreciated. thanks.
normal_smile .gif

While I haven' used aftermarket cables with the 4r, from my experience stranded silver cable should help with the veil, making the 4r a bit brighter and cleaner/clearer.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #549 of 687
My cable is still fine for UERM. Though if you change cable often the protruding plug may crack and break off.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #550 of 687
I luv twag & twcu v3 hybrid ^O^

but i just order twag v2 gold om from Craig >O<"

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #551 of 687
Has anyone tried the TWag v3 with the um merlins and can comment on that? 
I also saw someone with the hybrid v3 paired with the merlins in another thread but i can't remember where it was...

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #552 of 687
Are there any sonic differences between the different connectors- specifically oyaide and neutrik?

When you buy oyaide, are you mostly just paying for the aesthetic and the precious metals used (gold/rhodium) or is their some functional difference as well?  I understand this might be hard to compare because one would need to have two of the same cable with different terminations, and cable differences are subtle anyway, but still, I think this would be useful information for cable buyers, if anyone can share.  Thanks!

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #553 of 687
Are there any sonic differences between the different connectors- specifically oyaide and neutrik?

When you buy oyaide, are you mostly just paying for the aesthetic and the precious metals used (gold/rhodium) or is their some functional difference as well?  I understand this might be hard to compare because one would need to have two of the same cable with different terminations, and cable differences are subtle anyway, but still, I think this would be useful information for cable buyers, if anyone can share.  Thanks!

Personally, I've tried different terminations with the silver dragon cable. I've tried before Right angled oyaide termination, Gold plated right angled oyaide termination and Viablue termination. In my opinion, it does not have any differences sonically. Basically it's more to the build quality that you're paying for. However do note that right angled oyaide tends to be larger and heavier.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #555 of 687
Hi,

Anyone have any opinions on Chris_Himself's SilverRay for Shure IEMs?

Not the SilverRay but I'm receiving the pure silver & silver/gold for my Rhapsodio in a week. I can't speak for the cables yet but I've just had one of the most pleasant, fun, & even funny experience in communicating with Ted & Chris. From a business communication & pricing perspective these guys are extremely pleasant to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back