19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Apr 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #574 of 687
I have been off this thread for almost 6 months. I am using TF10 with default cable. I am in the market for less than 100$ cable. The last time I was here, I was considering CH. Are there any new options in last 6 months?
What are the best options (and their reviews) for th10 cables under 100$ ?

Thanks.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #576 of 687
Quote:
Oooh, that's pretty! By any chance, do you know if they offer any type 2 litz cables?

Right now, no. Ted does not have any Litz cable but if you email him about it he always tries to please customers.
Quote:
I have been off this thread for almost 6 months. I am using TF10 with default cable. I am in the market for less than 100$ cable. The last time I was here, I was considering CH. Are there any new options in last 6 months?

Thanks.

You should be able to find a lot of options. If you are into DIY, their are some offerings from Toxic Cables for loose wire and pins from their eBay store. (Doing something like that myself, but I already had pins for the CIEM's I have)(I figured I should mention this as it is a legitimate option and it's a great way to get the bang for your buck if you are confident enough to do things yourself.)

In terms of cables being made for the TF10's you should find that a bunch of the cables in your price range come in the TF10 variety. Chris_Himself cables, as well as others will do you well. They are generally all quite good. I have a list of aftermarket cables and links to their reviews in my signature. I unfortunately have been swamped with school and haven't updated it in the last month but the majority of the reviews on this site are there, just about 3-5 are missing and 3 of them are from this thread

Apr 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #577 of 687
Quote:

Thanks.

I am not sure how the current CH cable perform since I haven't had a chance to try them, but the Effect Studio Apollo is very nice for the price as is the Null Audio Arete (make sure you change the pricing to USD).  Both offer exceptional ergonomics and the Apollo is very solidly built and the Arete is almost like no cable :wink:

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #580 of 687
Quote:
Any reviews on the difference between 3 CH varieties - silver, hybrid (silver and copper interlaced) and copper ?

Ehh I'll save you the trouble and tell you not really. Even Joe hasn't received our new stranded stuff yet.. we've been pretty busy. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Apr 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #582 of 687
Quote:
Is the new stranded silver? Or just the new coating?
biggrin.gif

Both, there is a 24awg copper sheathed in more supply PE tubing and a 26AWG pure OCC silver wire!

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #583 of 687
Both, there is a 24awg copper sheathed in more supply PE tubing and a 26AWG pure OCC silver wire!
Wow, so the one I have sitting in my mailbox in Japan (yeah, sorry Ted/Tim...didn't make it in time for my Australia trip), is that the new OCC 26AWG silver cable? Also is the Silver/Gold sibling OCC too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back