Worst headphones you've ever bought
Aug 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #32 of 162
Quote:
The Sennheiser PX200-II was also horrible. Not because it wasn't capable, but because it was impossible to get a good seal, that everything sounded tinny. It also didn't stay in place. What good are headphones if the seal is very important but the design doesn't allow it?

Yeah, I've seen people that do not like PX200-II seal and fit. But on my head they sit perfectly and isolation is almost as good as with some of my IEMs. Sound leakage is almost negligible, and overall SQ is great. So, you just have to try them on your head before you buy them, I think :)

As for the worst headphones I ever bought... I think, considering price/quality ratio, that would be Sony MDR-EX310LP, my last IEMs. For the price of ATH-CKS50 (which I had before), EX310 souds absolutely awful. I'd say they have V-shaped sound, but that "V" is stretched vertically a couple times, so you get loud, muddy bass and creaking sibilant higs. And cable is cheap and bad too.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #34 of 162
Aug 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #36 of 162
Yeah, I've seen people that do not like PX200-II seal and fit. But on my head they sit perfectly and isolation is almost as good as with some of my IEMs. Sound leakage is almost negligible, and overall SQ is great. So, you just have to try them on your head before you buy them, I think :)

As for the worst headphones I ever bought... I think, considering price/quality ratio, that would be Sony MDR-EX310LP, my last IEMs. For the price of ATH-CKS50 (which I had before), EX310 souds absolutely awful. I'd say they have V-shaped sound, but that "V" is stretched vertically a couple times, so you get loud, muddy bass and creaking sibilant higs. And cable is cheap and bad too.

When I held the cups to my ears, I thought they sounded great. However, as soon as I let them go, that SQ was completely gone. It's a shame.

The problem is that around here, we can't 'try' headphones other than the basic Best Buy staples, and have to resort to blind purchases...

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #38 of 162
How can something be veiled and have sibilance ??

Very possible. Take a bass bloated headphone with a certain treble peaks. The DT770 Pro 80 can be veiled sounding at times, yet be sibilant/harsh.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #40 of 162
Quote:
$30 Turtle Beach Z1 headset. -1/10. Absolutely terrible.

1. I had two pairs virtually disintergrate in 1 week.
2. They clamped very hard + a super aural design that crushed your ears and head + itchy pads
3. Sound was horrible
4. Mic was good actually.

I much preferred my $10 Logitech headset I bought at Target. I loved that little thing.

I hated these. The hurt my ears when I played long periods. It was sh1tty quality and they broke after three months.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #41 of 162
Quote:
Very possible. Take a bass bloated headphone with a certain treble peaks. The DT770 Pro 80 can be veiled sounding at times, yet be sibilant/harsh.

Yes - but he's talking about SE535s which aren't bass heavy, and have a forward mid-range ........ 
blink.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #43 of 162
Quote:
Razer Barracuda HP 5.1 headset with the Barracuda AC1 sound card years ago before I got into audiophile headphones.

Ill agree 100%. I too brought those years back & was disgusted. My 20dollar in ear buds blew them out of the water for gaming in quality. Although I had a sound blaster card. I thought that since razer made a good mouse, they make good headset.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #45 of 162
The UE Triple.Fi 10 were the most disappointing pair of headphones for the money spent, bass decayed abit too quickly combined with the midrange suckout left me quite dissatisfied with my online purchase. They weren't the worst pair of cans I bought, that would have to be the ep630.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back