Worst headphones you've ever bought
Aug 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #16 of 162
oh what didnt you like about the ATH-Pro700mk2? i was looking to buy these with velour pads and because I like loads of bass

Well you have to understand some people here only care about clarity and such, not over-emphasized bass.
If I got them I'm sure I'd get rid of them right away, I'm not a basshead at all.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 162
Quote:
Well you have to understand some people here only care about clarity and such, not over-emphasized bass.
If I got them I'm sure I'd get rid of them right away, I'm not a basshead at all.

That is true, but the problem is with my music, some of them have a lot of bass and others dont. I would love to get some clarity headphones though ^^ Not a basshead either :l

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #20 of 162
i had no success with Audio Technicas....dunno y...its just personal...i cant make sense of their soundstage...one way or another. 
w5000...w1000x...i tried to like them..zzz

the other heartbreaker was the T5p...its v clear, n bass amissing for a thousandbucks...and those magneticflux are scaring me somewhat..for some unfound reasons.:p
the edition8 too...i know its metal made from outerspace...my pro900 killed that can in 5 secs.

above are just personal...u might find them the best cans u ever had. n i am happy for u.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #21 of 162
Yea I have the M50's now and they suffer from a terrible soundstage :p
deadhorse.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #23 of 162
i had no success with Audio Technicas....dunno y...its just personal...i cant make sense of their soundstage...one way or another. 
w5000...w1000x...i tried to like them..zzz

the other heartbreaker was the T5p...its v clear, n bass amissing for a thousandbucks...and those magneticflux are scaring me somewhat..for some unfound reasons.:p
the edition8 too...i know its metal made from outerspace...my pro900 killed that can in 5 secs.

above are just personal...u might find them the best cans u ever had. n i am happy for u.

I didn't enjoy the T5p as much as others but they definitely weren't bad or the worst I've bought.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #24 of 162
Quote:
oh what didnt you like about the ATH-Pro700mk2? i was looking to buy these with velour pads and because I like loads of bass

simply put this headphone is contaminated with bass from one extreme to the other, theres no mids and highs (well, there is but they're overpowered). Its like hearing music on a subwoofer only. Awful.
I like bass, but not this way.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #25 of 162
simply put this headphone is contaminated with bass from one extreme to the other, theres no mids and highs (well, there is but they're overpowered). Its like hearing music on a subwoofer only. Awful.
I like bass, but not this way.

So, just like the XB500 then? Eww.

Aug 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #27 of 162
The two worst headphones I've bought price wise Beats by Dre Studio (Before they were popular) But the worst sounding I've bought are these $7 Mountain Dew branded iems that sound so distant from your ears, it's really funny really because I kind of think they sounded like the Beats Solo HD :p

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #29 of 162
Quote:
The Sony XB500. Bass and mud, 24-7. Sounds like they have the flu. Even EQ-ing the hell out of them won't save their disgraceful sound signature. The XB700 is MUCH better.

Not trying to start a war...but that's kind of the point of the XB500s.

From the product page (http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MDRXB500#overview):

"dramatic bass"
"Step Up to Big Bass"
"...Deliver big, booming bass."
"Seriously Low Frequencies, Serious Bass"
"monster bass"
"perfect for beats with a killer bass line."

Nowhere does it mention treble, mids, highs, soundstage or imaging. Probably because it was specifically designed for none of that to exist. xD

Honest question. What were you expecting out of these things and what lead you to believe that they'd be anything other than complete bass monsters?

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #30 of 162
I owned the XB700 first, which was fantastic at being bassy, yet having some semblance of clarity. Then Head-fi mentioned that the XB500 was actually better. Should've known better than to trust head-fi on bassy cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back