WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 12, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,246 of 1,786

The Real Question is why after 22 solid 1 star reviews would the 23rd person still buy them?? 

In fairness, I don't think any of them are verified Amazon purchases, and quite a few refer to having purchased them at airports or drug stores as a sort of 'crap I forgot my earbuds' purchase. They were then all seemingly infuriated enough by the sound to flock to Amazon. I'd be really curious to see what the drivers in these things look like.

Mar 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,247 of 1,786

The Real Question is why after 22 solid 1 star reviews would the 23rd person still buy them?? 

In fairness, I don't think any of them are verified Amazon purchases, and quite a few refer to having purchased them at airports or drug stores as a sort of 'crap I forgot my earbuds' purchase. They were then all seemingly infuriated enough by the sound to flock to Amazon. I'd be really curious to see what the drivers in these things look like.

You're probably right. I just can't understand why so many people would even take a chance on something this bad after reading all the terrible reviews but to each his own I guess. 

The drivers are probably made out of kitty litter and sandpaper. Helps give it that authentic crap sound

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #1,248 of 1,786
... You guys think that Mixr's have good bass???... Lol... I can tell not a lot of people here buy bass heavy headphones, so therefore most of you probably have no frame of reference to compare to. I would NEVER buy a pair of beats, even if I only am going to listen to EDM. There are much better cans than beats for bass. Full size beats can only take 100 mW of power... My JVC's can take 1000 mW of power... Beats tickle you with bass at full volume. JVC's can get a hell of a lot louder. The bass is quite controlled. JVC is really the pinnacle of basshead technology. The JVC XX's have deep bass ports to boost deep bass 20-100 Hz, compared to beats that boost more of the mid bass. The JVC's also manage to keep treble and mids sounding great, so rock music really shines.

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #1,249 of 1,786
... You guys think that Mixr's have good bass???... Lol... I can tell not a lot of people here buy bass heavy headphones, so therefore most of you probably have no frame of reference to compare to. I would NEVER buy a pair of beats, even if I only am going to listen to EDM. There are much better cans than beats for bass. Full size beats can only take 100 mW of power... My JVC's can take 1000 mW of power... Beats tickle you with bass at full volume. JVC's can get a hell of a lot louder. The bass is quite controlled. JVC is really the pinnacle of basshead technology. The JVC XX's have deep bass ports to boost deep bass 20-100 Hz, compared to beats that boost more of the mid bass. The JVC's also manage to keep treble and mids sounding great, so rock music really shines.

You should check out the basshead club thread
http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club
Power handling means little to nothing in terms of sq btw

Mar 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,251 of 1,786
  Mind posting a picture of it? Just curious how such old 'phones look like.

I was talking about his Bose 901 loudspeakers....the scourge of the 1970s lol

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,253 of 1,786
Lol. I already post in the basshead club. Seriously, give me the benefit of the doubt, and go try JVC HA-M55X's with your favorite amp. You will be blown away... By sound quality (mainly bass and mids. Highs are average.). They are 50$ so ya got really nothing to lose in buying them. I was shocked at just how great they are! Ask hawaiibadboy and he will tell you about the bass handling power of JVC's. He mainly focuses on bass lol. If you need quality bass cans, go ask Hawaii first.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #1,254 of 1,786
Plus I'm getting sennheiser HD 598's this weekend, so I'm excited!... Yes. I know they are not basshead cans... No, I am not 100% basshead. I am 50% basshead, 50% audiophile. I use headphones for whatever purpose they serve best, seeing as how I listen to any genre except American pop music. And I'm 15 years old, and an American. Lol.

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #1,255 of 1,786
Plus I'm getting sennheiser HD 598's this weekend, so I'm excited!... Yes. I know they are not basshead cans... No, I am not 100% basshead. I am 50% basshead, 50% audiophile. I use headphones for whatever purpose they serve best, seeing as how I listen to any genre except American pop music. And I'm 15 years old, and an American. Lol.

You should also check out the soundmagic hp200

Mar 13, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #1,256 of 1,786

I was talking about his Bose 901 loudspeakers....the scourge of the 1970s lol

Hey what's wrong with the 901s?  They sound decent (as long as you have the Active Equalizer)  My parents were given a pair a long time ago, they are a nice speaker for the living room.

Mar 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,257 of 1,786
imo the Marshall headphones sound like erm lets just say I'm not going to touch one ever again :p The only thing similar to the M100 with that the monitors are the folding mechanism. Otherwise the M100 tops the Monitors in every other category

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #1,258 of 1,786
Hey what's wrong with the 901s?  They sound decent (as long as you have the Active Equalizer)  My parents were given a pair a long time ago, they are a nice speaker for the living room.

Nothing, I was referring to the fact they were so popular yet hated by the "audiophiles". They've lasted 40 years and can take a hell of a lot of power. That's got to count for something.

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #1,259 of 1,786
On a slightly off-topic note, does anyone know where I can find extra original tips for the Brookstone "e1 Thunder Bass" earbuds? They actually sound pretty good for everyday use, but every other tip I use comes off inside my ear... very unpleasant.

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,260 of 1,786
Airplane ones of course.

How anyone can be expected to watch a movie with those and understand what they're saying is a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back