WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,216 of 1,786
At least they are sort of honest stats! How many cheep packages list 5hz-45000hz with "bass driven high definition sound"?

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #1,217 of 1,786
I was looking at the circumaural koss headphones at menards. They were 20$ with 40mm drivers, and I was skeptical... I instantly flipped the package over to look at max input power and frequency range. 50Hz-18,000Hz and the max input was 100 mW... Yeah. No thank you. They looked crappy too.

Koss generally isn't terrible in SQ, but they're one of the worst when it comes to build quality. The DJ100 feels like a $30 can, and their cheapest offerings don't last very long.

If you go Koss, get a Portapro, DJ100, or ESP950. Those are all the acceptable models currently in production.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #1,218 of 1,786
I read the specs on the ibuds, and it said that the buds go down to 20 Hz... I looked up a response chart for them, and they did reach to about 20 Hz... Before the sound fizzes out. The range without counting the drop of response is 200 Hz- 13,000 Hz.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #1,219 of 1,786
I wouldn't exactly buy a koss because I know there are better options in all of the price ranges of their products.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #1,220 of 1,786
I wouldn't exactly buy a koss because I know there are better options in all of the price ranges of their products.

I'm pretty sure the KSC75 is excellent value for the price that it's at.

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,221 of 1,786
Well, what's the max input power on the crapbuds you bought boogie? You probably would be able to blow out the speakers, seeing as how cheap ear buds usually have a very low max input of 50mW-150mW.

I actually have no idea, since I bought them a few years ago and ditched the packaging. I doubt they actually listed that, anyway... It's probably pretty low.
  Any speaker amp will be enough. Plug in, press play and watch the havoc!

Ok then. I'll hook 'em up to my E7, max the volume, and see what happens. I'll take pictures in case they DO catch on fire
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #1,222 of 1,786

I actually have no idea, since I bought them a few years ago and ditched the packaging. I doubt they actually listed that, anyway... It's probably pretty low.

Ok then. I'll hook 'em up to my E7, max the volume, and see what happens. I'll take pictures in case they DO catch on fire
biggrin.gif

I meant blowing the drivers, not setting them on fire. For that, you need something on the order of a few thousand volts, which is not commonly found in your average household 
redface.gif

Also, the E7 probably won't have enough output power to blow the buds that spectacularly. I'm talking about the type of amp you use to power speakers with a power output on the order of a couple dozen watts. Now that will be fun 
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,223 of 1,786
  I meant blowing the drivers, not setting them on fire. For that, you need something on the order of a few thousand volts, which is not commonly found in your average household 
redface.gif

Also, the E7 probably won't have enough output power to blow the buds that spectacularly. I'm talking about the type of amp you use to power speakers with a power output on the order of a couple dozen watts. Now that will be fun 
biggrin.gif

Maybe I don't live in the average household.
evil_smiley.gif
But you are correct, yes. I do not think I have that kind of power.

It doesn't even seem to have the power to blow them at any level of spectacular. At highest volume the only thing I'm noticing is that these buds have a much better sound as a pair of loudspeakers...

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #1,224 of 1,786
Ahahaha connect them to the speaker leads of an avr, then you'll get sparks...

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,225 of 1,786
Oho, that would be fun. Best I've got is a component system though, which I'm trying. The drivers seem to be disintegrating pretty quickly on a diet of Borealis and Gorillaz.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #1,227 of 1,786
Look up the Wicked Audio Duece. Not sure if these have already been mentioned (82 page thread, come on), but they are nauseating.

The brand has been mentioned before, but I don't know if anybody's named that specific model before.

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,228 of 1,786
Wow, a solid wall of one star reviews on Amazon. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,229 of 1,786
  Wow, a solid wall of one star reviews on Amazon. I don't think I've ever seen that before.

The Real Question is why after 22 solid 1 star reviews would the 23rd person still buy them?? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,230 of 1,786

Damn, thanks for being another source of entertainment for today. Hilarious how so many people have given it 1-stars. I mean, after the first couple reviews, wouldn't people have gotten the point? 

The Real Question is why after 22 solid 1 star reviews would the 23rd person still buy them?? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Looks like you agree with me 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back