WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 2, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,186 of 1,786
Denons wireless noise cancelling headphones are god awful. Ojr store had to drop the price from 400 to 150. They are just bad.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #1,187 of 1,786
I don't count those. Or any product that comes stock with a device that isn't sold separately. Obviously they're terrible, they're a cheap afterthought.

+2..... But the samsung white iem(most famous) that came as stock with my SGP 5" is far better than apple earbuds......I like it for its soundstage much for its cheapo though it sound muddy....I use its silicon tips for my other iem's tip rollin.

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #1,188 of 1,786
My dad still has the pair he bought sometime around 1968, still hanging in the living room, I do believe his are series II as well...

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,189 of 1,786

There are a number of stock Samsung earbuds. I find the ones that came with the S3 and S4 to be OK for freebies.

My favorite pair of stock Samsungs are these ones:

15 mm drivers, non-IEM design and Android-compatible inline controls. Plus they have a shiny bass reflex port!

Speaking of Samsung portable audio transducers, Samsung released a few new circumaural and supra-aural headphones. They look pretty nice! But because they were only revealed in glass cases, the sound quality hasn't been reviewed yet.

Here is the one I tried
41%2BXfgj0XVL.jpg

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #1,191 of 1,786
Mar 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #1,193 of 1,786
  I don't think anyone really expected them to be good.

Yeah. To me, the worst product is one that's below what you expect. You pick up a ten buck pair of earbuds from Rite Aid and they sound like ****, well... duh. That's not surprising. 

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #1,194 of 1,786
Sony XB600's and Skullcandy Hesh V1 

Just awful 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,195 of 1,786

Yeah. To me, the worst product is one that's below what you expect. You pick up a ten buck pair of earbuds from Rite Aid and they sound like ****, well... duh. That's not surprising. 

What about when you spend $10 on a pair of iems and they sound BETTER than the ones you actually spent money on?

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #1,197 of 1,786
Oh I've changed what the worst headphones I've listened to are. The Sharper Image wireless headphones for 20$. I bought them, thinking that 20$ for Bluetooth headphones? I took them out of the box, and they have a radio transmitter that you have to plug into your audio player... NOT WIRELESS. The cans are, not the transmitter!!! Then I tried out quality, and I couldn't hear anything except for bass, and the bass was REALLY REALLY loose and muddy... Not to mention that they lose connection really easily, drain a lot of battery for pieces of crap, and they weren't even stereo. They were mono, and they were really difficult to set up, since they ran on the same channel that baby monitors use, and many other radio transmission equipment use. You literally could spy on your neighbors baby.... They also had a wired connection option so I tried that, and they didn't have overpowering muddy bass, and were comparable in sound to 20$ Sony's, and became stereo... Now that CONFUSED me. With wireless, they were worse than any earbud imaginable, including the apple ibuds or whatever, and lost connection really easily. But without wireless, they actually became decent... And by decent, I mean cheap and crappy just like any 10-20$ cans, but decent for its category. Soundstage was above the Sonys though, and loudness was definitely a plus, but the Sonys have the edge in sound quality, and comfort. The sharper images tried to be over ear, but the ear cups were about as big as most on ears. I could not wear them for more than 2-5 minutes without intense red searing pain. Cups were not even fastened down.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #1,199 of 1,786
You should try MY school headphones. They are from some company like Labtech or something. On-ear, no pads, -32Db bass, craptastic miss and highs. I just put them around my need and turn up the volume to save my ears. I saw them on Amazon some time for $3.00 for 3 or something like that.

Labtec headphones? You mean the one with the boom mic? If so I never actually used the headphone part only the mic lol. And now I'm happy of that.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #1,200 of 1,786
I few years back I bought a pair of Hype brand earbuds from a used bookstore for 'beater' use. They were on a discount and I had had some luck picking up okay cheapo earbuds at that store in the past, so I plunked down $5 for them. When I listened to them, they blew me away (but not in the good way, obviously). Whoever designed those things must have thought that AM radio was the pinnacle of sonic perfection. Highs did not exist, mids were barely there, and the bass was bloated and overbearing. Voices sounded like they were underwater and were completely unintelligible. Goes to show you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back