WORST headphone you ever heard?
Mar 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #1,231 of 1,786
"Maybe they will make money from people who will just throw them away instead of returning them" - QFTW
Now they are going to make money because I HAVE to hear how bad they truly are. Will update soon...

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #1,232 of 1,786
  Damn, thanks for being another source of entertainment for today. Hilarious how so many people have given it 1-stars. I mean, after the first couple reviews, wouldn't people have gotten the point? 

I suppose not... Seems like a lot of them picked them up at airports and the like, so they probably didn't realize until it was too late. And Amazon can really be an endless source of entertainment. Some of the products on there are hilarious to read the reviews for, like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394492148&sr=8-2&keywords=haribo+gummy+candy+sugarless+gummy+bears+5-pound+bag

If you search "funny amazon reviews" on Google then many lists of products like this will come up.

Warning: Reviews may be gross.
"Maybe they will make money from people who will just throw them away instead of returning them" - QFTW
Now they are going to make money because I HAVE to hear how bad they truly are. Will update soon...

Godspeed to you, good sir. You are embarking on a dangerous quest here.

Speaking of quests, I have been unable to fry my own crappy buds. They still sound like someone made the drivers out of a potato wedge.

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #1,233 of 1,786
How do people who reviewed the wicked audio deuce's think that apple ibuds are the pinnacle of audio quality, and more importantly, how are they even humanly possibly worse than the ibuds?????????

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #1,234 of 1,786
How do people who reviewed the wicked audio deuce's think that apple ibuds are the pinnacle of audio quality, and more importantly, how are they even humanly possibly worse than the ibuds?????????

They're a good reference point, considering that everyone has heard them at one point or another. Apple's EarPods are actually pretty good, considering how decent they sound even though they have severe, unavoidable setbacks due to the design, and they're free with every mobile Apple product.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1,235 of 1,786
The frequency response starts to drop like a rock at 200 Hz on those EarPod things, and keeps dropping until it turns into nothingness at about 20-40 Hz.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,236 of 1,786
I can't stand the sound of them... Going from my headphones to those was like going from Mercedes Benz to a unicycle...

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,237 of 1,786
I can't stand the sound of them... Going from my headphones to those was like going from Mercedes Benz to a unicycle...

I dunno, unicycles can be pretty fun!

But I don't think the Apple buds are the worst out there, by any means. You buy really cheap earbuds, they are going to sound bad- way worse than the iBuds.

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,238 of 1,786
O.O REALLY???... I should buy those wicked audio deuces and see how sucky those are..

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #1,239 of 1,786
O.O REALLY???... I should buy those wicked audio deuces and see how sucky those are..
I dont think its worth the money to even try them out. I picked some up at a Gamestop a while back so I could listen to music while I did yard work. Basically all of the frequency ranges somehow clashed with each other, turning the whole song into one giant, muddy mess. So no highs, no lows, just one jumble of distorted mids.

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,240 of 1,786

I think you uh, had a bad pair of Mixrs, because they have heavy bass, dude. Like, POWERFUL bass. Yeah the headband is tight as ****, but a little stretch and that was a-ok. Something was way, WAY wrong with the pair you tried, because their bass was actually fuller and better than the Pro, Studio, Executive, or Solos in my experience.

I can agree with that. The Mixrs are also surprisingly loud, albeit being unpowered headphones. I've owned the original Studios, Pro Detox and Executives, and to me the Mixrs really are the loudest headphone that Beats make. The bass is also quite punchy because it's not muddied up by the circuit board found in the Studios and Executives.

Their pair may have been faulty (like de-earthed or something) or a fake. The least bassiest Beats around would be the Pros, and they still have what is considered heavy bass.

I've listened to multiple pairs in multiple shops.. So I don't think that's the case.
Guess I'll have to take another listen to these when I have the chance.

Still, the pro is the only one worth buying from the beats series (of course, with a huge discount that would bring them to 150 bucks max.) (Got my eyes opened about 10 days ago, always thought that beats were good for their prices, I was so wrong haha.)

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,242 of 1,786
Hah, I still maintain the Mixrs are worth it.

I'll listen to them again whenever I have the chance, but I'm pretty positive I'll never touch a beats headphone again (Although I'm saying that wearing my beats pro detox.. Still got to sell these bitches, no-one shows interest though (Yes they're original).
Got a broken Hifiman HE-300 laying next to me, only one channel's working because the wire snapped, still tempted to use them.
    ^ Sorry that went offtopic

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,243 of 1,786
  Last year an asian colleague has left the company I'm working for.

I saw him few weeks back.
As he knew I was into headphones, he shows me those dr Dre, telling me to have "an ear".

The guy is originally from China, and when I've heard those headphones, I've told him the real one should not sounds better than this replica.
I was sure it was a replica, as the guy is wearing fakes...from polo shirt to watches.

Thing is, it was not a replica. He has been offered a Monster Beat dr dre when he left my company, i did not know anything about that.

He sent me an email last week, telling me the plastic headband has been broken.

I've been told Monster has stopped making the Dr Dre headphones.

Don't know if it has something to do with that crappy sound I've heard, but given the price of those headphones, I might say it has the worst price/quality ratio I've ever seen.

This is quite possible, I own a beats pro detox (€549, I used to be such an idiot.) And a hifiman HE-300 (€250,-). The hifiman wins in almost everything, the beats only win in durability and in bass quantity (which is only fun when you listen to really bass heavy music, like trap, don't even try using them with rock.). I even like the looks of the HE-300 better, while I'm right in the target group for the beats marketing (17 years old).

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #1,244 of 1,786
  My dad still has the pair he bought sometime around 1968, still hanging in the living room, I do believe his are series II as well...

Mind posting a picture of it? Just curious how such old 'phones look like.

Mar 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #1,245 of 1,786

The Real Question is why after 22 solid 1 star reviews would the 23rd person still buy them?? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

It has 23 1 star reviews.. One brave listener bought them.. May he Listen In Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back