Worst Headphone ever
Aug 15, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #61 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Sony V200s (though I haven't heard V100s or V150s). Sold a pair of V6s and was going to included them for free. Buyer said "thats okay". Free headphones rejected!

Hahaha, now that's funny...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Well I included them in the box anyway.
wink.gif

And that's even funnier!
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #62 of 156
Bose triports - sure one of the worst in the current market. They have cheap looking speakers inside (in reality these speakers indeed are very expensive
biggrin.gif
). On the other hand, they are the perfect match for very bad source. It's like in math: minus x minus = plus. Previously mentioned sr325 would give you tons of fatigue with these "sourses". But boses would just shine.

Aug 15, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #63 of 156
Sony mdr-v150. Certainly in holland, 'cause they cost here around 30 euro's (that's more than $35!). I own them and will throw them away as soon as I have my alessandro's ms-1's (I'm already 21 days patiently waiting
frown.gif
) and my shures e2c's which a friend of mine brings to me from america. Pff, I have to suffer another week I guess.
But I gotta go, my iaudio x5 is crying 'cause he wants a better buddy to play with, need to cheer him up.

Aug 15, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #64 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by natwhite
Senn MX500. The stupid inline volume control completely distorted the sound. Had to hack apart the cable to bypass the stupid thing.

FWIW, I am almost 100% certain that none of those earbuds are actually made by Sennheiser, as I have seen other brands of physically identical earbids (and I mean IDENTICAL). Pretty sure they are just made by some big Chinese company and OEM'd to anyone.

Aug 15, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #65 of 156
Quote:

Sony V200s (though I haven't heard V100s or V150s).

I can promise you that the V150s sound like crap. They are muddy, veiled, thick, and slow. For that same $25 you can buy Sennheiser HD437, HD201 or 202s, all of which will SMOKE the V150s. I bought a pair to try jogging in, and I gave them away.

Aug 15, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #66 of 156
V150. Only headphone I ever threw away that was fully functional, because it sucked so bad I didn't want to subject it on anyone, even on someone wanting it for a penny on Ebay. Plastics so creaky, vise grip on the noggin, unlistenable mud presentation. That was the can that turned me off on listening to headphones for 10 years.

Aug 15, 2005 at 7:28 PM Post #67 of 156
Without questions, the Creative Labs HN-500 Noise Cancelling Headphones. They came free with a sound card that I bought, and they are not even worth that. They sound like you are listening to a really crappy pair of headphones with pillows over your ears. I am not sure how or if that is possible, but someone at Creative figured it out.

Aug 15, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #68 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Hahaha, Kramer5150, I've got a thread title for you! "Fart Cannons & Polished Turds", noting the highest priced failures in headphones!

LOL
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

I cant take credit for it really...

"Fart Cannon" = a term commonly used in car audio circles for SPL specific subs. Burping @ ~50 Hz..."'BWAAAAAHHHP!!"

"Polished Turd" = a term commonly used in guitar related forums for pretty, polished, nice looking guitars that sparkle under stage lights but lack tone, playability, durability, or set-up stability.

Aug 15, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #69 of 156
i had the future sonic em3. but from a sennheiser dealer. they broke, and where replaced with sennheiser ie4. which are recabled md33's. They sounded SH!te compared to my ie3s. i cried, quietly, in a corner. then got some e3c's and stopped.

serously, how could sennheiser think the md33 sounded better than the ie3? i lost all respect for senn that day, exept they where superfast in honouring my warranty (3 days! + it was a bank holiday weekend!)

Aug 16, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #71 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
V150. Only headphone I ever threw away that was fully functional, because it sucked so bad I didn't want to subject it on anyone, even on someone wanting it for a penny on Ebay. Plastics so creaky, vise grip on the noggin, unlistenable mud presentation. That was the can that turned me off on listening to headphones for 10 years.

HaHA I bought a pcdp on ebay and these came with them...
I tried them on for two seconds and they hurt my ears so bad I threw them in the garbage can and never looked back..painful!!!

Aug 16, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #72 of 156
stock s**t that comes with sony headphones, and the v250. At the time, I thought good sound was supposed to be muddy, power-hungered, and partially incoherent. At least that was what sony was telling me. Course, they also told my dad their low-end dvd players wouldn't break for no reason. We were lied to.

Aug 16, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #73 of 156
Crap!!! I forgot the Sony V150, worst $20 bucks ever spent.

Aug 16, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #74 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I cant take credit for it really...

"Fart Cannon" = a term commonly used in car audio circles for SPL specific subs. Burping @ ~50 Hz..."'BWAAAAAHHHP!!"

"Polished Turd" = a term commonly used in guitar related forums for pretty, polished, nice looking guitars that sparkle under stage lights but lack tone, playability, durability, or set-up stability.

I also used the term Polished Turd for all kinds of stuff, like cars. You can make a cheesy little POS car look great on the outside, but if the guts are crap, you still have crap, IMO. Bose equipment falls under this category because everything they make looks great, but nothing besides their Japanese reference products have any muscle behind those looks. The term Polished Turd should have a picture of the Bose Acoustimass or Wave Radio next to it in the dictionary
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back