Worst Headphone ever
Aug 13, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #16 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
What would you all consider the worse set of headphones you have heard and why?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Senn 280's
akg 501's by a huge and longgggg shot

confused.gif
confused.gif
You forgot the because part of the answer.

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:45 PM Post #17 of 156
Haha, Rhydon is a pokemon. Anyway, I bought Sony MDR-v300s for 50 bucks because they looked to me aesthetically pleasing and DJ-esque, and at that sad time in my life I thought my image was important.. All that ended up happening was me noticing its terrible sound, selling it for 20 bucks, then upgrading to MD-33s, then from those to e3s, then I also bought some MS-1s, and I'm GONNA buy some Super.fi 5pros, etc.. all while my parents are telling me not to waste my money
tongue.gif
So yeah, just goes to show you that not everything with a popular brand name is the best..

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
Senn 280's
akg 501's by a huge and longgggg shot

I'm surprised... AKG K501s? I heard they are VERY decent and a HUGE bang for the buck considering how much you get for the price....very liquid smooth mids..

Care to elaborate your thoughts? I might be consdering a pair in the future...and this could change my mind..

Aug 13, 2005 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
I'm surprised... AKG K501s? I heard they are VERY decent and a HUGE bang for the buck considering how much you get for the price....very liquid smooth mids..

Care to elaborate your thoughts? I might be consdering a pair in the future...and this could change my mind..

One reason why I don't like them is the almost non-existent bass.

Aug 13, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #21 of 156
I always though the MDR-101 was Very Bloated, but before I had any other Equipment...

Aug 13, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #22 of 156
Koss KSC-50... at UK prices, and they were broken within about two minutes after leaving the shop...

Aug 13, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #25 of 156
I have to confess of a headphone that is supposed to be very good, I hated the Sony MDR-SA3000. Torturously bright, and no bass to speak of. Just painful to listen too.

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #27 of 156
Hmmmm...aside from cheapos, I'd have to say the 325s were a disappointment for what they cost. Also, I didn't care for the HD570s at all. Sennheiser should definitely discontinue them. I know they both have their following on here, that's fine, it's just my opinion.

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #28 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog
Hmmmm...aside from cheapos, I'd have to say the 325s were a disappointment for what they cost. Also, I didn't care for the HD570s at all. Sennheiser should definitely discontinue them. I know they both have their following on here, that's fine, it's just my opinion.

I think the HD570's have been discontinued for a while
smily_headphones1.gif

...And replaced by much better 'phones...
580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #29 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Estilo
I always though the MDR-101 was Very Bloated, but before I had any other Equipment...

Ugh. Bloated, lack of deep bass, uneven mids, screechy muffled treble, incoherent -- all in one misbegotten package. At least they're cheap.

Two of the worst headphones that I've ever listened to -- besides cheapies -- are the Sony MDR-V600 (I couldn't get over the muddy, honky, tinny sound) and the Bose TriPorts (sounds just like the Sony MDR-V600, only tinnier and honkier).

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #30 of 156
Worst headphone I've ever laid ears on was an earbud, these Coby things that are actually included with a lot of crap and are quite popular for whatever reason. You can't hear anything with them. Literally, the sound is so bad that you can't even hear the lyrics or any sign of the main melody line, which is the most obvious and important thing. All you hear is this distorted garbage.

And here they are!

http://images.bestwebbuys.com/dev/el...ll/4281512.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back