Worst Headphone ever
Aug 14, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #31 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
I think the HD570's have been discontinued for a while
smily_headphones1.gif

...And replaced by much better 'phones...
580smile.gif
Abe

There is a headphone god!

(Actually now that you mention it, I knew this, I just forgot. But I'm glad to be reminded.)

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:33 AM Post #32 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
I wasn't making fun! Rhydon is a good pokemon, even if it has no relation to your name!
tongue.gif

Haha!! thats why i said meatstick! I was just running with the joke.

Still. those damn e3c's....

Rhydon.

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #34 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by sionghchan
I'm surprised... AKG K501s? I heard they are VERY decent and a HUGE bang for the buck considering how much you get for the price....very liquid smooth mids..

Care to elaborate your thoughts? I might be consdering a pair in the future...and this could change my mind..

When I dropped my 325I's in the jacuzzi I swear they sounded like the 501's after (still water inside). they 501's have nothing,no highs,no mids,no lows...nothing,,just a tiny sound to them.

dont get me wrong its all about opinion here and there are some old timers that love the 501's...I personally just shake my head.

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:50 AM Post #35 of 156
All of you, save the guy with the Coby earbuds, are forgetting the title of this thread. "Worst headphones ever." The 280s are nowhere near the worst headphones ever. Neither are the K501s. Nor the SR325s.

The worst headphones ever made were a stereo plug taped to a wire taped to a pair of springs attached to discs of metal that I made. Don't give me this "K501 is teh suxoors" crap. You got nothing on me.

Aug 14, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #36 of 156
Based on how much I spent, I would definitely say the Bose Triports. I didnt know any better though. There aren't a lot of places around me to try headphones. I got them as a present (but I actually asked for them).I thought they sounded decent at first, but after listening to some other headphones I realized how muddy the bass is and just how unclear they are. I might pay $30 max for these headphones again. Definitely not worth the price and worst I have heard based on that.

Aug 14, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #37 of 156
Well that's easy. Those free earbuds you get with cheap portable am/fm radios. Or headphones you get from $1 stores. I bought a pair once and right from the start one side was broken. After listening I wished the other side was broken as well.

Aug 14, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #38 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
One reason why I don't like them is the almost non-existent bass.

I agree with you.

but i really like the smooth sound from K501,
and it wears very comfortalbly even under the hottodeath summer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #42 of 156
Many years ago, I took two old plastic earphones (mono.. perhaps you know the sort I mean) and grafted them onto the cable from a broken pair of cheap headphones. The earphones weren't matched or anything, and the sound crackled when the connections were loose (which was pretty much always, since the wires were just crudely stripped and twisted together, then taped over).

I don't know that those were the worst headphones ever, but they're surely a worthy contender.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 12:23 PM Post #43 of 156
Worst headphones are whichever ones are on my head when lousy music is being played.

As for specific headphones....well once I bought a pair (not on purpose obviously) of fake Sony EX71. They looked exactly the same and had the same packaging but after much checking found out that they were fakes. Sounded muffled and highly distorted...like a lousy clock radio playing under a comforter.

Not too impressed with Koss The Plug. Was fine for the 2 years I wore it exercising. Absolutly horrible after I bought a HD600.

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:46 PM Post #44 of 156
Aiwa Swoops. I thought these were really cool when they came out about 5-6 years ago, when I knew nothing about headphones (hey, what do you expect from a behind the head streetstyle fad?)

They feel like someone's decent headphones broke into multiple pieces, got taped back together, and then fused with a piece of pooped out polypropylene.

Don't get me started on how they sound.

http://www.tfortrends.com/aiwswoopnech.html

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #45 of 156
a pair of 1 dollar headphones I bought at a dollar store. haha takes the cake. high bux wise, the prize goes to an shure e3c, not that it was all that bad sounding, but the treble was no where to be found, even with proper amplification. Then I noticed that I got a bout of temporary tinnitus that lasted a month while using them at moderate volumes. Hmmmmm!!!!!!! I'm not really an IEM dude though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back