Worst Headphone ever
Jun 6, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #151 of 156
"worse set of headphones you have heard and why?"

SQ - any of a number of "freebie" phones included with MP3, CD players, etc.

Physical comfort-Several contenders for this honor, from cheapie ear buds to several relatively expensive phones.

Early on I found Koss Pro 4AA to sound great (compared to what I had heard up to that point) but after an hour or two the clamping force would generate a whale of a headache. I began to understand how those medieval torture devices worked.

The prize goes to a set of Pioneer headphones that I paid good money for at the time. They cost about 2/3 what I would have paid for Koss Pro 4AA but hurt my ears from the moment I first put them on. I don't think I wore them long enough to know what they actually sounded like.

More recently I tried a pair of Grado's (forgot which one) and the first thing I noticed was how uncomfortable they were. I realized I could not enjoy them regardless of their sound.

Jun 6, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #152 of 156
E2Cs. Ugghhhh.
mad.gif

Jun 6, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #154 of 156
i'd also have to say the EX71. i got em in '03 (at that time i enjoied earbuds more than cans). the highs were too tinny and bass was muddled, even poking out the thin film of paper protecting the drivers didn't help. i ended up selling em for $20 -- needless to say i should've gotten the D22s instead (was $5 cheaper!
eggosmile.gif
); or better yet a Sharp MD-DR7 + MDR-D66SL combo (instead of a Sony MZ-N10 + MDR-EX71SL). oh well; what's done is done

i'd also add the V300 as well. cord was too long, sounded like crap (my E818s sounded better) -- ended up giving it to one of my classmates (which was then passed along to many other people in staggering numbers)

Jun 6, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #156 of 156
Quote:

When I was drunk wandering around one night I stopped at a drug store that was open till 1am and bought some chips. On the way to the cash, I found a portable battery FM radio that *INCLUDED* batteries and headphones. For $1.99.

I got one of those radios for free with the Ice Age DVD. Treble is as splashy as hell, no bass, sound is muffled and quiet with no detail whatsoever.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back