Worst Headphone ever
Mar 14, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #136 of 156
I recall as a kid lifting the armrest up and putting my ear next to the holes so I could hear the music/movie. Hi-fi at its best
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #137 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by manchau
my vote is for Gainward SoundXplosion 5.1. $50 burned.

Only recommended for those who wants to listen one track simple speach in DTS surround sound encoding.
etysmile.gif

Let me throw the Medusa 5.1 into the mix. After defending these things because of a trusted recommedation, I got a set. Cost me twice the Gainward.....(beats head against keyboard).

Jun 5, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #138 of 156
My vote goes to the Panasonic Brainshaker earphones!

90050367.jpg

I got these things with a walkman, and they were supposed to vibrate the back of your neck or something with heavy bass notes. They were terrible! Impossible to keep in your ears, especially while moving.

edit: damn, i did it again! oh well...old threads ftw!

Jun 5, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #139 of 156
Other than the obvious stock iPOD buds (or earbuds in general), I would have to say the Sennheiser HD590s. Without a doubt the most veiled, boring headphones I have ever heard. They are great if you want to put yourself to sleep while listening to music though! They make the KSC-75s sound like a thousand dollar set of cans.
eek.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #140 of 156
Easily the stock Sony earphones that come with HD3, HD5 etc. Truly horrible.

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:28 PM Post #143 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus1100xx
I'd have to say Grado Sr125. The only headphone that ever gave me a headache listening to. Hopefully I'm not stepping on too many toes here.

The SR-60's are far worse. The least comfortable headphone ever made. I found the sound to be decent, but it was ahrd to tell since they hurt 2 minutes after putting them on.

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #144 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
The SR-60's are far worse. The least comfortable headphone ever made. I found the sound to be decent, but it was ahrd to tell since they hurt 2 minutes after putting them on.

I have had a couple grados over the years and it seems like you ears adjust to the pain
tongue.gif

In the beginning I couldn't stand the pads of the grados, but now with the HF-1 and RS-1 I'm able to tolerate the pain. The sound is just so good that you forget the pain.
In the lower ranks of the grado line you get the pad pain and the ear ache.
blink.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #145 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150

Why anyone would want these fart cannons when the MDRV6, K240s and HD280 can be found for a fraction of the price.

Funny..still laughing

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #146 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
He was right of course... however, they have no musicality either. ..he believed you have to sacrifice the music in order to get (relative) neutrality. Unfortunately, I think this belief is not uncommon, even around here... probably one of the biggest myths of audiophilia.

too true

Jun 6, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #150 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
No offense to the HD212 owners out there but I think these qualify as the worst, their bass is sooo bloated yet some people are willing to shell out nearly $60-70 for them. Everyone on campus has either these or the Triports and they think that they have the top of the line, best sounding headphones in the world, if only they could find head-fi, I think the shock might kill them.
biggrin.gif

The HD-202 is also really horrible. I spent $10 on them ($5 BIN on ebay, with a $5 shipping charge). They are the most uncomfortable can I have ever worn...think the terrible offspring of Sennheiser vice grip, and Grado ear sores....death!
Oh they sound like someone is farting into your ear, just without the bad odor...and terrible sight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back