Feb 26, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #121 of 156
Easily the best picture of the Jecklin Float:
SoCalMeet_6-19-04_16jecklinfloats.jpg

Its the william hung of headphones!
-g

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #122 of 156
Apple iBuds!!!!

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #124 of 156
at least the sony mdr-v150 could be useful for some computer usage or as a headphone u bury in the bottom of your backpack for emergency backup usage. the koss ur-20's have gotta have the poorest price to performance ratio.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:48 PM Post #128 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1234
Senn 650

Whaaaaa????

OK, this is just silly. I think we need to establish some basic rules for this thread. When the op asked for the "Worst Headphone Ever," he was actually looking for the Worst Headphone Ever. Just because someone did not like the sound characteristics of a top-of-the-line hifi set, does not make it the "Worst Headphone Ever." Some of he choices people posted here are just not right. For instance, as much as I hated the Triport, I'm not sure it qualifies as the "Worst Headphone" either. Insanely expensive, a rip-off, a scandal? Yes indeed. But I have heard worse cans than the Triport (and at least they are very comfy). I would pay $25 for them, though, not $150. For the same reason, I found Grados too bright and lacking bass. But that's my personal taste. I'm not going to declare the SR60 the "Worst Headphone Ever," just because I didn't like it. By no means it is a bad headphone. I'm just calling for some sense of measure here, folks.

In that vain, I will add my two cents to the discussion.

During my life, I have owned good and bad headphones. I remember that in the late 80s, when I was carrying my Sony walkman in high-school, I owned some pretty crapty, bass-less pieces of crap that certainly would quality as some of the "Worst Headphones Ever."

But to bring it home, I would have to say that one of my worst headphone experiences in recent years has been the Apple Earbuds. Truly, one of the worst sounding pieces of crap ever inflicted on the unsuspecting ears of millions of consumers.

So, you spend $300 or $400 on a digital media player, yet they screw up its full potential by enclosing those crapty drivers. That's an INSULT to their consumer base, in my opinion. If you spend $400 on a player, it SHOULD sound like $400, not like a 1970s transistor radio. They literally HURT YOUR EARS. To me, it was painful to use those things. And to add insult to injury, Apple charges you $39 to replace those worthless pieces of crap, because they know there are millions of uninformed idiots willing to pay that amount for the stock white buds. Slaves to fashion. Sigh...

Seriously, the stock Apple Earbuds are an assault on your senses, an insult to you as a consumer, and an impediment to get any semi-decent sound out of your mp3 player. I literally threw them away in frustration within a week of buying my first iPod, and ran to get me something nicer (at the time, I bought the Sony Ex71). Even though the EX71 is a limited in-ear-canal headphone, the difference was ABYSMAL!!! Other headphones I have used since have improved the sound even further (PX100, CX300).

Seriously, I think the stock Apple Earbuds have to be one of the "Worst Headphone Ever," and with merits.
icon10.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #130 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
They're a hell of a lot better than "one of the worst headphones out there," man. You didn't like them, and that's okay, but they've objectively still a good headphone at the price and are very useful in a lot of applications. I even happen to like how they sound, just not with music anymore after having been exposed to better headphones.

First - he clearly seperated his "worst headphone ever" from his "most dissapointing headphone".

Second, hehe, this is just the best quote *EVER*!
icon10.gif

(the hd280's) -

I even happen to like how they sound, just not with music anymore after having been exposed to better headphones.

Mar 14, 2006 at 3:25 PM Post #131 of 156
I think Headphony has it right - those old hollow tube "earphones" on the airplane. I mean those weren't even proper headphones in the conventional sense. And you had to pay for the damn things.

Mar 14, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #132 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Grado SR-325i.

Ugly, uncomfortable, cheaply made, and they make all vocals sound like Janis Joplin beating the living crap out of cats while Gilbert Gottfried runs his fingernails down a chalkboard.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! Funny analogy,i really got the picture there! *Runs to the bathroom*
icon10.gif

:my next sorry about your wallet purchase smile:

Mar 14, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #133 of 156
Deafening SPL, sledgehammer dynamics, astoundingly uncomfortable, arm-knawingly ugly (and single-handedly responsible for ushering in a bevvy of similarly hideous cans), and the All. Break. In. Same. Damn. Place. Even for their intended purpose (live DJ headphones), they are a misable failure because of their horridfically poor build quality. For a five year period, they were the defacto standard for DJs and other hip urbanites.

I'm sad to say I still own a pair, though they are now held together by zip ties.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #134 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
Sony MDR-EX71SL. Just plain bad. Total rip-off for the 50 EUR paid.
Edit: This probably isn't the worst headphone, just the most regretted purchase. The old-school tubular inflight headphones (circa 1980's and before) must be the worst.

Right on!
Those things were just HORRENDOUS! Truly painful to use, and couldn't produce anything but horrid noise. And they were quite headache-inducing too! I would actually miss the in-flight movies on purpose rather than use those things again.

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #135 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Visigodo
Those things were just HORRENDOUS! Truly painful to use, and couldn't produce anything but horrid noise. And they were quite headache-inducing too! I would actually miss the in-flight movies on purpose rather than use those things again.

I actually ran into them a few years ago on Air China. What a treat!
etysmile.gif

A fine airline btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back