Worst Headphone ever
Aug 13, 2005 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 156

VR6ofpain

Headphoneus Supremus
What would you all consider the worse set of headphones you have heard and why?

My example is the Senheiser HD-455
c6_1_b.JPG

I bought these back in the 90's for $90 at Good Guys under the belief that I was entering the 'high end' headphone market.

Unfortunately they didn't sound that much better than my cheap old Sony cans that I paid $20-30 for at the time, and they were EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE. The pressure these Senn's put on my ears was unbareable. Not only that, but they were impossible to adjust perfectly with their solid molded design with the underneth adjustable vinyl band. I hated them. Ended up getting rid of them. What a terrible experience. They left me thinking headphones 'sucked' in general, and it wasn't till over a decade later that I heard my buddies RS-1's and realized how damn good can's can sound!

Aug 13, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 156
Koss Plug headphones. Ugh. I tried these as a mod project for when I'm working, and they sound like crap smells: like crap. I modded the hell out of them, and it really didn't make much of a difference. Their bass heavy sound and odd midbass peak were too much for me, and I can't even give these away, since I could give KSC75's as birthday presents for cheaper. Stock headphones out of a cheap PCDP sound more balanced than these, as I've never heard a pair that was more lopsided in their presentation. They did give great isolation though, using the Etymotic grey foam tips that come with ER4's. But the stock eartips are crap. Pure utter crap. I wasted $15 on crap I can't even use. I might even post them free on the FS/T forums, just to see what kind of reception I get.

580smile.gif
Abe

Aug 13, 2005 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 156
Sony MDR-101. Very crummy frequency response, high distortion, even shortwave a pain to listen to.

HD455s for $90, ugh. These probably cost about the same in DM over here.

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
Sony MDR-101. Very crummy frequency response, high distortion, even shortwave a pain to listen to.

Haha, when i had a pair of MDR-101s (they came with my first "digital" walkman) i loved 'em, i was convinced they were the bee's knees. (Of course now that ive heard better... ugh)

Rob.

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 156
SONY MDR-EX71,

What is its screwing bass and vocal performing ?(donald duck like)

second worst is PX200, my huge head is not suit to the little px200.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 156
Mine would be the headphones that came with a GE walkman clone back in 1986. Shortly after using those headphones I had sudden significant hearing loss in my right ear. Everyone that used those headphones said the sound was very strange and hurt their ears. Being an 8 year old I didn't know enough to stop using them (because I didn't turn them up loud). Worst headphones ever.

-BT

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 156
$8 pair of "Chateau" headphones I bought because I needed something that could die. They made me cry myself to sleep at night.

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 156
Grado SR-325i.

Ugly, uncomfortable, cheaply made, and they make all vocals sound like Janis Joplin beating the living crap out of cats while Gilbert Gottfried runs his fingernails down a chalkboard.

Aug 13, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #15 of 156
I think its a question of which is the worse DEAL on a headphone. I could take a PA speaker and tape it to my head, and that would be the worst headphone. Its more of a question of price vs. performance in this situation.

And to me, the absolute worst headphone/earphone i have tried is the shure e3c. Im sorry, i just cant stand its rolled off sound. My ipod earphones sound better. If your gonna flame me go ahead. Its just my opinion.

Rhydon.

God damn stupid e3c's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back