Worst Headphone ever
Feb 25, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #107 of 156
No offense to the HD212 owners out there but I think these qualify as the worst, their bass is sooo bloated yet some people are willing to shell out nearly $60-70 for them. Everyone on campus has either these or the Triports and they think that they have the top of the line, best sounding headphones in the world, if only they could find head-fi, I think the shock might kill them.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #109 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcoreckn
Stax SR-007 Omega II because they represent a dream that I can't achieve.

Definately shouldn't be rated as a Worst Headphone though, maybe an award for "Most Frustrating Headphone"

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #111 of 156
A lot of good candidates mentioned (MDRV600, Bose Triports, Koss The Plug) But I've got to go with the Ergo Model 2.

CUERGO.JPG

Wear them and you'll look like you've got an air conditioner strapped to your head. Listen to them and you'll still think you've got an air conditioner strapped to your head.

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #112 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
A lot of good candidates mentioned (MDRV600, Bose Triports, Koss The Plug) But I've got to go with the Ergo Model 2.

CUERGO.JPG

Wear them and you'll look like you've got an air conditioner strapped to your head. Listen to them and you'll still think you've got an air conditioner strapped to your head.

lol... first time hearing of that before. Got a pair for an audition?
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #113 of 156
Quote:

CUERGO.JPG

Where did you find these things? Are they really headphones?

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #114 of 156
Hah! I've got ya all beat.

When I was drunk wandering around one night I stopped at a drug store that was open till 1am and bought some chips. On the way to the cash, I found a portable battery FM radio that *INCLUDED* batteries and headphones. For $1.99.

I was in awe. I dunno if it's just because I was drunk, but the thought of paying two CANADIAN dollars for a complete brand new portable FM radio just blew my mind.
biggrin.gif

I couldn't help it. I bought it, and put it on right then.

As you can probably guess... THOSE were the worst headphones I've ever heard in my life. Well, except maybe the Shure E5c.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #115 of 156
Quote:

CUERGO.JPG

Ah the new age Jecklin Floats, always good to see that they've updated their image........

jecklins.jpg

LOL, and this is the voice from stoneaudio that disagrees with Tyll:

"For years Jecklin Float have been regarded as the only choice for serious headphone users. Now the manufacturer of Jecklin, offer the ERGO series - consisting of three carefully priced models. We guarantee you cannot buy a better sounding, more comfortable, more stylish pair of headphones!"

I can never keep a straight face when I see that picture.... Classic!!

Feb 25, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #116 of 156
I consider my Jecklins to be the very height of fashion, as a matter of fact, i was walking through town with them plugged into my ipod and people coudlnt help but turn their heads and stare, the whispered to each other. Im sure they were saying "i wish i looked as cool as that guy!"

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #118 of 156
My worst headphones: a pair of earbuds that were freely packaged inside a 75-pad can of Clearasils. You can probably guess the SQ from that...

I want to buy those Jecklins! Look at that sparkle in the guy's eye...he's obviously got better things to do than post on an Internet forum on Saturday nights...

"We're a pair of wild and crazy guys..."

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #119 of 156
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
But the Sony MDR-V150's -- They truly are the worst I have ever heard. I gave my pair away for free, and felt kinda sorry for the person I gave them to.

I can't believe i used them for a year before finding head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back