Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #25,831 of 42,298
Quote:

I've been busy of late. But, when I get the chance, I'm still going to see how I can turn the Woo adapters Black. I really like them ears
size]
, though. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #25,832 of 42,298
Quote:

Brilliantly stated! I now have enough selection to change with my moods as well. I saw my first Woo in 2009 - the WA 6 Special Edition. Although, Single-Power was getting all the print, a few pix and discussions with WooAudio amps emerged and simply held my attention. The anodized cladding was gorgeous! Could not take my eyes off the twin chassis design.

Then I began to see the rest of the line and prices - unemployed, couldn't afford none 
size]
of 'em! After perusing both WooAudio and Head-Fi for a couple of hours, I decided to take a break. And get some air on my way to the mailbox. As I exited through the garage, that's when it hit me! If I was going to get a Woo, I was going to have to liquidate something. Slowly, the sell-off began... and I got good 
size]
at it.

After successfully getting new Denon D5000's and my first tube amp (Woo), there was no stopping me, not even unemployment could hold me back! And I went on to establish 
size]
an entire listening room.

great stuff!!

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #25,834 of 42,298
Quote:
Jack told me the end of June or probably sooner than that. I am picking it up in NY.  I may also be coming to the show in August. i jut check the flight out so I can get to meet you and hopefully lot of other headfliers if we get some more people to go to the meet.  Talk it up with the San Francisco contingency. Woo is one of the vendors coming.

Congratulations on your upcoming addition to your system, Frank!  I have had my Wa5 for just 3 months now, it is the best headphone sound I have ever heard.   It has finally settled in (Blackgates and v-caps took a while to open).  I still have the stock tubs, although I am researching extensively for the right tube upgrades.  I haven't listened to my main rig for months now.  I hear everyone likes the LCD-2's with the Wa5.  

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #25,835 of 42,298
I've been busy of late. But, when I get the chance, I'm still going to see how I can turn the Woo adapters Black. I really like them ears
size]

, though. 

Ya know, I kinda like the white Teflon. Contrast is nice.

Been rolling other rectifiers. I don't think my amp like 596+6EM7. I keep getting pops. My tube guy thinks the 596 may be driving the 6EM7 too hard. Rolling the princess or my Mazda 5R4gy yields no pops.

Weird. Thoughts?

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #25,836 of 42,298
SHAME ON ME! 
size]

I just took a break and got refreshed with an ice cold glass of milk... 
size]
delic! Anyway, I just realized in my accounts when replying to fellow members Clayton SF & magiccabbage that I omitted a very important and key piece of info.

Along the way...

...while working tirelessly to sell and save, there are some wonderful head-fier's that deserve recognition, as they made contributions that helped me on my audio journey. In no particular order:

Clayton SF
shipsupt
mikemalter
Xcalibur255
rosgr63
2359glenn
wotts
musicman59
grokit
snapple10
john57
Ultrainferno
jc9394
Skylab
Wualta
moodyrn
sarals
sunmonkey
dannie01
BIG POPPA

And others... 

I'm going off the top of my head (maybe, another glass of milk?) but if I overlooked anyone in print, I have not done so in my heart - know that you are counted.
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #25,837 of 42,298
Quote:
Ya know, I kinda like the white Teflon. Contrast is nice.

Been rolling other rectifiers. I don't think my amp like 596+6EM7. I keep getting pops. My tube guy thinks the 596 may be driving the 6EM7 too hard. Rolling the princess or my Mazda 5R4gy yields no pops.

Weird. Thoughts?

Thoughts? Yes, yes I do. I'd like to have a scoop of sweet, creamy, decadent and ultra dense French Vanilla Custard. Oh, sorry. Regarding tubes, I sure do. Try the '596' paired with other drive tubes to see if you get pops. Don't worry about liking/disliking the parings right now, this is
size]
 research.

But, of course, this assumes you have other drive tubes. In my own experience, I found both "Miss Sophia" & the EML Glass to fair better with a wider variety of 6SN7 tubes in my inventory. Far less with the '596.'

However, once I found a dance partner for the '596' it was over! No more stepping on each other's toes, the TS-BGRP's & '596' would dance the night away. I witnessed many a sunrise from overnight listening sessions with those two.

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #25,838 of 42,298
Thoughts? Yes, yes I do. I'd like to have a scoop of sweet, creamy, decadent and ultra dense French Vanilla Custard. Oh, sorry. Regarding tubes, I sure do. Try the '596' paired with other drive tubes to see if you get pops. Don't worry about liking/disliking the parings right now, this is
size]

research.

But, of course, this assumes you have other drive tubes. In my own experience, I found both "Miss Sophia" & the EML Glass to fair better with a wider variety of 6SN7 tubes in my inventory. Far less with the '596.'

However, once I found a dance partner for the '596' it was over! No more stepping on each other's toes, the TS-BGRP's & '596' would dance the night away. I witnessed many a sunrise from overnight listening sessions with those two.

Plenty of power tubes. The 596 and stock 6de7 is very nice indeed. I shall take your advice and try mire others with the 596.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #25,841 of 42,298
Quote:
Congratulations on your upcoming addition to your system, Frank!  I have had my Wa5 for just 3 months now, it is the best headphone sound I have ever heard.   It has finally settled in (Blackgates and v-caps took a while to open).  I still have the stock tubs, although I am researching extensively for the right tube upgrades.  I haven't listened to my main rig for months now.  I hear everyone likes the LCD-2's with the Wa5.  

Thanks. I am looking forward to the WA5. I have the EML 300B for them and also have located some really nice 6C8G tube from 6/1945 brand new in the box an ordered the adapters. I also found some Tungsol oval (round) pates one pair is Jan military ad the other is not but both the same tubes and have the black paint. Rare tubes and all of these are unused old stock. I have all the tubes covered for a bit. I have matched pairs of Jan Sylvania 5u4G and RCA matched 5UrG plus the Philips 5R tubes to rise.   I am pretty set with the tubes. I should have the amp before the end of this month and will pick this up in NY from Jack.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #25,842 of 42,298
Quote:
Thanks. I am looking forward to the WA5. I have the EML 300B for them and also have located some really nice 6C8G tube from 6/1945 brand new in the box an ordered the adapters. I also found some Tungsol oval (round) pates one pair is Jan military ad the other is not but both the same tubes and have the black paint. Rare tubes and all of these are unused old stock. I have all the tubes covered for a bit. I have matched pairs of Jan Sylvania 5u4G and RCA matched 5UrG plus the Philips 5R tubes to rise.   I am pretty set with the tubes. I should have the amp before the end of this month and will pick this up in NY from Jack.

Now frank you are going to have to get the camera out for that one! and don't be shy with the pic's because this thread need's more WA5 love in the visual department! WE WANT LOAD'S.....................  YOUR A LUCKY MAN. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #25,844 of 42,298
Quote:
Now frank you are going to have to get the camera out for that one! and don't be shy with the pic's because this thread need's more WA5 love in the visual department! WE WANT LOAD'S.....................  YOUR A LUCKY MAN. 

I will do full picture spread with all the tubes. Those  6C8G are a neat tube too look at and George Lenz from EML told me about these tubes. I cant wait to get it but in the meantime I have other a,ps keeping me busy but the WA5 is a special amp indeed.

Jun 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #25,845 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back