Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 17, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #21,076 of 42,298
Umbilical Power Cable..

1. Yellow one is the original from WooAudio 25cm ( i took off the jacket ).
2. Black Thick one is and industrial copper wire Misawa Densen 7x16awg 1.5m.
3. Neotech UPOCC 7x18awg solid copper 1m.
4. A pregnant lilac British Shorthair.
tongue_smile.gif

May 17, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #21,077 of 42,298
Nice keph, always wished the cord that came with the SE was longer so I could consider different arrangement options.. looks great.

May 17, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #21,078 of 42,298
Quote:
Nice keph, always wished the cord that came with the SE was longer so I could consider different arrangement options.. looks great.

Thanks..You could always make one if you can solder..its easy..Yeah the stock one was too short to arrange and manage...But the Neotech is worthed though my Little Brother can even notice the bass is better now than the stock cable...

BTW didn't WooAudio also sells the custom Umbilical cable?.

May 17, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #21,079 of 42,298
keph, thanks for breaking it down. I too, had wanted a longer umbi cord. The 6 Special Edition was always on a tight leash! WooAudio does sell them custom... and they're expensive!

May 17, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #21,080 of 42,298
Quote:
keph, thanks for breaking it down. I too, had wanted a longer umbi cord. The 6 Special Edition was always on a tight leash! WooAudio does sell them custom... and they're expensive!

I can always make another one...
tongue_smile.gif

how much does the WooAudio Umbilical cable sells for??

May 17, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #21,081 of 42,298
Quote:

I can always make another one...
tongue_smile.gif

how much does the WooAudio Umbilical cable sells for??

Jack will make custom lengths... and then charge 
evil_smiley.gif
 audiophiles for chasing that last 1%. When I get another Woo, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

May 17, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #21,083 of 42,298
Quote:
My new Umbilical power cable is amazing...i used the Neotech Teflon 18awg solid UPOCC conductor...Yesterday i also made a Umbilical power cable using an industrial 7x18awg copper wire but no noticeable sound differences..But the Neotech brings out more mids and lows..or its just placebo effect for me??

Has anybody here made a DIY Umbilical power cable???

pics tonight..

That is the same wire that Robert from Aphroditecu29.com uses to make the aftermarket umbilical cords for the RSA amplifiers. I have one in my Dark Star and notice an improvement too.

Where did you get the connectros for the Woo? I been wanting to get one of those cords for my WA5-LE but can not find the connectors.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
May 17, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #21,084 of 42,298
Quote:

That is the same wire that Robert from Aphroditecu29.com uses to make the aftermarket umbilical cords for the RSA amplifiers. I have one in my Dark Star and notice an improvement too.

Where did you get the connectros for the Woo? I been wanting to get one of those cords for my WA5-LE but can not find the connectors.

I got the connectors from a DIY store here in beijing..

Yes they do make a noticeable improvements from the stock Umbilical Cable that WooAudio provides..

May 17, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #21,085 of 42,298
Quote:

Jack will make custom lengths... and then charge 
evil_smiley.gif
 audiophiles for chasing that last 1%. When I get another Woo, I'll definitely keep you in mind.

I had Jack make me a custom umbilical for my WA5, the cable he used was the same, but the cable wrap was purple instead of black to co-ordinate with the rest of my gear. It wasn't cheap and I had to ask Jack to look twice at the material so he could be confident it would fit all the necessary conductors!

May 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #21,086 of 42,298
Quote:

I had Jack make me a custom umbilical for my WA5, the cable he used was the same, but the cable wrap was purple instead of black to co-ordinate with the rest of my gear. It wasn't cheap and I had to ask Jack to look twice at the material so he could be confident it would fit all the necessary conductors!

How long did you made yours?. How much does it cost..? So Jack uses the same Yellow cable even for the custom cable?.

May 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #21,089 of 42,298
1 quick question for using the 6GL7 Tubes in the WA6SE i need a 8pin to 9pin adapter am i right?. is the adapter the ordinary 8pin to 9pin adapters or it needs a special resistor inside it?.

ThX

May 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #21,090 of 42,298
How long is the the longest cable in those pics?  Have an extended umbilical from Jack also.  Don't know the science behind it, but he mentioned if the umbilical is longer than 48" there would be a loss in quality.

Quote:
Umbilical Power Cable..

1. Yellow one is the original from WooAudio 25cm ( i took off the jacket ).
2. Black Thick one is and industrial copper wire Misawa Densen 7x16awg 1.5m.
3. Neotech UPOCC 7x18awg solid copper 1m.
4. A pregnant lilac British Shorthair.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back