Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 27, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #19,291 of 42,298
    Quote:
After visiting your link, this could very well be the one's I had trouble remembering early this morning. Still not sure... but still sleepy. 
biggrin.gif
 The cones Mach2music used underneath a Mac mini looked great!

Another way to keep the Mac Mini stable is an adhesive pad available from MacSales.  It will work with the 2010 model and newer.  It costs only $8.00, and can be seen here.

I'm not sure if it would help with vibration as well as cones, but my Mini sits on a lacquered maple shelf and would tend to slide around even when inserting CDs to rip, as well as when plugging/unplugging USB cables, etc.  This pad solves the problem.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #19,292 of 42,298

Quote:
    Quote:

Another way to keep the Mac Mini stable is an adhesive pad available from MacSales.  It will work with the 2010 model and newer.  It costs only $8.00, and can be seen here.

I'm not sure if it would help with vibration as well as cones, but my Mini sits on a lacquered maple shelf and would tend to slide around even when inserting CDs to rip, as well as when plugging/unplugging USB cables, etc.  This pad solves the problem.

Another excellent option for both the Mac mini and the Woo is Tri-Absorbers from VIA BLUE of Germany. My Mac, Supercharged W4S DAC-1 and E-MU Interface all proudly sit on Tri-Absorbers. 

I purchased mine from aphroditecu29.com

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #19,293 of 42,298
I just put my amps on computer mouse pads I bought at Big Lots for $0.99 each.  Reduces vibrations.  They don't look as fancy as spikes, though!!!!

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #19,295 of 42,298
wink_face.gif
 More money for music and tubes without a doubt. One of the key features I like about the Tri-Absorbers is its flexibility. I move things around often inside the listening room and these give me independence from a single rack or single cabinet and space.

Take touring, for example, when I take my rig out to a mini meet, the library or shiptsupt's residence, I need not worry too much about "where." Throw them bad boys down like dominoes and get on with the show!

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #19,303 of 42,298
Tonight's session: Pink Floyd's "The Delicate Sound of Thunder Live".  It's fantastic.  I do enjoy the Russian interpretation of it (6S45P triodes).

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #19,304 of 42,298
My WA6 is for sale in the trade forum in case anybody might be interested:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598339/fs-woo-audio-wa6-in-perfect-condition-free-shipping-lots-of-extra-tubes-included#post_8183045

It was a joy to have her, but my future amp plans have need for the funds selling it will raise so I've reluctantly made the decision.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #19,305 of 42,298
Mark this day in history because we've entered a whole new world. I just made my first purchase on eBay. Welcome to the 2000s, Jay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back