Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #16,186 of 42,298

20 Questions for the Audiophile --

In recent days, I sought the help of the membership here. What began as a search for a simple year-end tweak, turned into a Q&A series with me asking a few members one or all 20 questions I could think of. And though I'm still sifting and searching, these members were of tremendous help!

Take 2359glenn and Skylab, for example. I asked them so many questions, I may have to change my avatar pix lest they start dreaming about Mermaids. 
biggrin.gif
 The membership here is great - it is only proper that I give credit. Special thanks to (in no particular order):  2359glenn; Xcalibur255; Skylab; Clayton SF; jc9394.

Honorable mention to: shipsupt; mikemalter; grokit; WarriroAnt, who would've have been approached had I not gotten exhausted... but are usually there for me! And Dubstep Girl, who met me cafeside to chat (virtually speaking) whether it was 4 am or 4 pm, through this difficult search the past week. 

To all of you... cheers!
beerchug.gif

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #16,187 of 42,298
cheers mate!
you've been lots of help to me as well as everyone else here.  its pretty top notch.  i was and still am very green to all this stuff but there is no elitism here.  just awesome helpful members.  warm and inviting.
best thread on headfi imo.
its like a bonus item that comes with a woo amp.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #16,188 of 42,298

Quote:
cheers mate!
you've been lots of help to me as well as everyone else here.  its pretty top notch.  i was and still am very green to all this stuff but there is no elitism here.  just awesome helpful members.  warm and inviting.
best thread on headfi imo.
its like a bonus item that comes with a woo amp.

This thread has class, plain and simple! 
wink.gif
  dannie01, the Thread Starter, ought to be feeling right proud.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #16,190 of 42,298

Quote:

In recent days, I sought the help of the membership here. What began as a search for a simple year-end tweak, turned into a Q&A series with me asking a few members one or all 20 questions I could think of. And though I'm still sifting and searching, these members were of tremendous help!

Take 2359glenn and Skylab, for example. I asked them so many questions, I may have to change my avatar pix lest they start dreaming about Mermaids. 
biggrin.gif
 The membership here is great - it is only proper that I give credit. Special thanks to (in no particular order):  2359glenn; Xcalibur255; Skylab; Clayton SF; jc9394.

Honorable mention to: shipsupt; mikemalter; grokit; WarriroAnt, who would've have been approached had I not gotten exhausted... but are usually there for me! And Dubstep Girl, who met me cafeside to chat (virtually speaking) whether it was 4 am or 4 pm, through this difficult search the past week. 

To all of you... cheers!
beerchug.gif

aww thanks 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #16,191 of 42,298
[size=10pt]Adding to the Thank You Head-Fi WA owners. After reading much of this thread and the many reviews and comparisons of Woo amps, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a WA 6SE to go with my Stello DA100 and HD-650's all being fed lossless audio via fubar.[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks to everyone here that provides endless information and insight about this hobby.[/size]

[size=10pt]Steve[/size]

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #16,192 of 42,298

Quote:
[size=10pt]Adding to the Thank You Head-Fi WA owners. After reading much of this thread and the many reviews and comparisons of Woo amps, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a WA 6SE to go with my Stello DA100 and HD-650's all being fed lossless audio via fubar.[/size]

[size=10pt]Thanks to everyone here that provides endless information and insight about this hobby.[/size]

[size=10pt]Steve[/size]

It seems you're now ready for Prime Time and we're ready to have you at any hour.  
smiley_thumb.gif
  Congrats! Choice of color, tubes?

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #16,193 of 42,298

Quote:

biggrin.gif

To all of you... cheers!
beerchug.gif

Please share this tweak that you are speaking of...
When you're ready of course
popcorn.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #16,195 of 42,298

Thanks, how thoughtless to not include details
blink.gif

Color: Black
Tubes: 100% stock to start with, tube rolling is too much to deal with initially. Although I think a Sophia Princess may be in order down the road.

You forgot to include your stance on motor sports. Though I think we can infer something from your avatar.

Congrats on the new amp!

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #16,197 of 42,298

Quote:

Thanks, how thoughtless to not include details
blink.gif

Color: Black
Tubes: 100% stock to start with, tube rolling is too much to deal with initially. Although I think a Sophia Princess may be in order down the road.

Excellent! Due to Woo Audio's fit & finish, the way they anodize the cladding, one really can't go wrong choosing either color. 
wink.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #16,198 of 42,298

Quote:
You forgot to include your stance on motor sports. Though I think we can infer something from your avatar.
Congrats on the new amp!

Thanks, really looking forward to listening to this amp in a couple weeks.

As for motorsports. I am the track photographer for Atlanta Dragway, do some shooting at Road Atlanta for a friends race team. There is no such thing as too much horsepower in a car as long as it can stop.

My avatar image is of John Force (well he's in the car) I shot a few years ago at the Southern Nationals.

Feel free to browse around http://www.gouldphoto.com

Nov 30, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #16,199 of 42,298

Quote:

Please share this tweak that you are speaking of...
When you're ready of course
popcorn.gif

My breaths had become more pronounced, sometimes heavy, while thinking about getting a really nice 6F8G pair to go with my WA 6 Special Edition. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Proceeding this new found lust was Glenn's discontinuation of 6DE7 adapters for this series.... uh-oh! 
eek.gif
 So, the dance of disbelief began - shopping, wanting, waiting for a new pair of tubes with no guarantee I'd even be able to play them. 

So I appealed to Glenn and though he had previously searched high & low for the right 9-pin bases, he really went the extra mile... but to no avail. Also, I quickly discovered the scarcity of premium 6F8G tubes and decided to stand down. It was quite the adventure... 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #16,200 of 42,298

Quote:
Thanks, really looking forward to listening to this amp in a couple weeks.

As for motorsports. I am the track photographer for Atlanta Dragway, do some shooting at Road Atlanta for a friends race team. There is no such thing as too much horsepower in a car as long as it can stop.

My avatar image is of John Force (well he's in the car) I shot a few years ago at the Southern Nationals.

Feel free to browse around http://www.gouldphoto.com

Your link sent my heart racing! It will take the magic of vacuum tube technology to calm me down tonight. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back