Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #15,631 of 42,298
boys and girls.  

super headphone deals for you.  just received an email from Moon-Audio, they are offering 11% off all headphones including LCD-3 unfortunately for me that I can not afford it.  coupon code "ELEVEN"  It is only good for today.

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #15,632 of 42,298

Quote:
boys and girls.  

super headphone deals for you.  just received an email from Moon-Audio, they are offering 11% off all headphones including LCD-3 unfortunately for me that I can not afford it.  coupon code "ELEVEN"  It is only good for today.

Ohhh.  The. Temptation.  Must.  Not.  Buy.  More.  Stuff..............................................

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #15,633 of 42,298

Quote:
Ohhh.  The. Temptation.  Must.  Not.  Buy.  More.  Stuff..............................................

Come on Mike, we expected you to get a pair to compare to LCD-2 R2.

EDIT, if I don't have a beta22 coming next week, take a wild guess where money goes to.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #15,634 of 42,298

Quote:

Look over here Mike.  You're feeling............relaxed............your eyelids are becoming................heavy..................you're drifting now.............into.............Woo land.........slowly drifting...........into..........Woo land.........the next time you hear the sound of your WA22 turning on you'll order the LCD-3's from Moon Audio..................you'll need.......to order..........the LCD-3's..............when you see a count to three on the screen you'll awaken........1.......2........3..........

Mike!  Go turn on your WA22! and did you know there is a discount on the LCD-3 today at Moon Audio?!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #15,636 of 42,298

Quote:
Quote:

Look over here Mike.  You're feeling............relaxed............your eyelids are becoming................heavy..................you're drifting now.............into.............Woo land.........slowly drifting...........into..........Woo land.........the next time you hear the sound of your WA22 turning on you'll order the LCD-3's from Moon Audio..................you'll need.......to order..........the LCD-3's..............when you see a count to three on the screen you'll awaken........1.......2........3..........

Mike!  Go turn on your WA22! and did you know there is a discount on the LCD-3 today at Moon Audio?!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I think that Dante needs another ring in hell for you guys. 

Actually, I am listening to my WA22 right now as I wrestle with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server.

Anyway, SillySally is getting an LCD-3 and I can listen to his thoughts first.  Also, I'm working on DIY power cables right now.  I had to replace our refregerator AND oven/microwave already, AND my wife needs a new laptop.  I think I'm going to have to difer any new audio purchases for a while and keep the home fires burning.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #15,638 of 42,298

Quote:
I think that Dante needs another ring in hell for you guys. 

Actually, I am listening to my WA22 right now as I wrestle with Microsoft's Team Foundation Server.

Anyway, SillySally is getting an LCD-3 and I can listen to his thoughts first.  Also, I'm working on DIY power cables right now.  I had to replace our refregerator AND oven/microwave already, AND my wife needs a new laptop.  I think I'm going to have to difer any new audio purchases for a while and keep the home fires burning.

Mike, I listened to the LCD-3s and LCD-2s side by side at the Canjam.  Unfortunately for LCD-2 owners, there was no comparison (IMO).  And I love my LCD-2s but I sold them within 2 weeks of coming home.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #15,639 of 42,298

Quote:

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

That post made my weekend.......... and it's only Friday!
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #15,640 of 42,298

Quote:
Mike, I listened to the LCD-3s and LCD-2s side by side at the Canjam.  Unfortunately for LCD-2 owners, there was no comparison (IMO).  And I love my LCD-2s but I sold them within 2 weeks of coming home.

eek.gif
  What an indictment! Gotta feel for some of the LCD-2 owners who received their cans on the same day, a few days prior to the LCD-3 release.  

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #15,642 of 42,298

Quote:
eek.gif
  What an indictment! Gotta feel for some of the LCD-2 owners who received their cans on the same day, a few days prior to the LCD-3 release.  

I've been asked politely and respectfully not to go there in the threads concerning that topic....
very_evil_smiley.gif

But I have had an experience with an $80 set of cans recently that has really made me reevaluate the sanity of spending even 1K on a pair of headphones let alone 2K.    Since the LCD-2's were my first pair of cans ever and pretty much the first ones I have ever used my experience with other cans is of course limited.  

ZoomButt.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #15,643 of 42,298

Quote:
I have a 6SE being delivered today <yay!>.  I think I read somewhere that tube amps could be susceptible to interference from radio sources.  That said, I have a couple of WiFi access points and 3 computers with wifi and bluetooth in my office.  Do I need to worry about this with my 6SE?  If so, how far from these EMI sources should I keep it?

Congratulations thrak!  
beerchug.gif
  You need not worry about EMI sources just yet, it's really environmental and like running water, will vary... widely. Some will be immune and others will be plagued, no escaping one's environment. You'll know as soon as you strive for placement.

Computer monitors, TV monitors, Mobile devices, Wi-Fi Routers & Modems can all be a bit much for some tube amps. Which can also be impacted by how much metal is inside the room and where (think broadcasting). You'll likely be fine, my comments are being made for awareness purposes only.

Let us know how it went, best to you!

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #15,644 of 42,298

Quote:
Did you end up accommodating a new pair of BL-63's for your WA22?
popcorn.gif

Unfortunately no, spent all my toy funds on beta22 this year and trying to squeeze in a tube tester too.  I think before investing more expensive tubes, I really need to get a tester.  

Plus, I'm after a vintage Marantz 2265/2275.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #15,645 of 42,298

Quote:
eek.gif

Tell me about it, I received mines three weeks before the rumor confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back