Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jun 16, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #10,906 of 42,298

Quote:
Hindsight ~

I take full responsibility for reposting that Ad. A fellow head-fier looking for EML Glass posted on the heels of Davo50's post and did not see it. I chose to draw his attention to it - in hindsight, I should have sent him a link via PM... which I did eventually.  

That sure is a beautiful looking tube though.  Gave me the tube lust for sure.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #10,907 of 42,298
I've also got one to sell if anyone's interested, virtually brand new.

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #10,908 of 42,298

Quote:

That sure is a beautiful looking tube though.  Gave me the tube lust for sure.

EML Glass

Just how beautiful is EML Glass sitting inside a 'Woo?' As beautiful as an ice-cream cone during the Dog Days of August... if not better.  
biggrin.gif

- Silent One (silent ice-cream addict)

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #10,909 of 42,298
I received a parcel from Hong-Kong today, with what I thought was "new production" Shuguang power tubes. But clearly just from the appearance of the boxes, these were not manufactured recently, looks like these spent a few decades in a moldy warehouse 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #10,910 of 42,298

Quote:
EML Glass

Just how beautiful is EML Glass sitting inside a 'Woo?' As beautiful as an ice-cream cone during the Dog Days of August... if not better.  
biggrin.gif

- Silent One (silent ice-cream addict)

I am officially off dairy, but I get the picture!

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #10,911 of 42,298
Sesma, I told ya there were no current production 6AS7 equivalents :wink:

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #10,913 of 42,298

Quote:
I am officially off dairy, but I get the picture!

If I were officially off dairy, I'd need to take a huge exemption next month for back-to-back celebrations! 9 Juillet is my WA6SE's 1 Year Anniversary; 14 Juillet is Bastille Day - Champagne, cake & ice-cream for both occasions!!! 

The last of my WA6SE's anniversary gifts arrives tomorrow morning - more WireWorld love (Eclipse 6 Interconnects; Twin Electra 5* Power cords/ Furutech 24k Gold connectors) and MHDT USBridge.  

Sleep will be hard to come by tonight...  

Post Script.: My next focus really ought to be about Clean Power - I marvel at what you, WindyCityCy and others have going in that regard.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #10,914 of 42,298

Quote:

If I were officially off dairy, I'd need to take a huge exemption next month for back-to-back celebrations! 9 Juillet is my WA6SE's 1 Year Anniversary; 14 Juillet is Bastille Day - Champagne, cake & ice-cream for both occasions!!! 

The last of my WA6SE's anniversary gifts arrives tomorrow morning - more WireWorld love (Eclipse 6 Interconnects; Twin Electra 5* Power cords/ Furutech 24k Gold connectors) and MHDT USBridge.  

Post Script.: My next focus really ought to be about Clean Power - I marvel at what you, WindyCityCy and others have going in that regard.

I'm a very big believer in clean power.  When you make it over here, if you bring your stuff, we can plug it into my P5.  I think Windy has a P10 and that is supposed to be even better.

I really hope the bridge works out for you and you get what you want from it.

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #10,915 of 42,298

Quote:

Where is the best place to buy WireWorld stuff?

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #10,916 of 42,298

Quote:
I'm a very big believer in clean power.  When you make it over here, if you bring your stuff, we can plug it into my P5.  I think Windy has a P10 and that is supposed to be even better.

I really hope the bridge works out for you and you get what you want from it.

Thanks. The bridge should deliver, as I was looking to get away from Optical Out on the Mac ( a few short-comings). And you know I'm looking to tap into your P5. Here, the grid gets itself right (cleaned up) between the hours of 23:30 - 00:30 and I'll typically listen to 0300 hrs every second or third night unless I have to rise early.

I have just enough calendar ahead to have all components with a minimum 200 hours burn-in. Currently, the D7000 has 264; the W4S DAC has 100 hrs.  

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #10,917 of 42,298

Quote:
Where is the best place to buy WireWorld stuff?

Aphrodite Cu29 without a doubt! (aphroditecu29.com) 
& of course I'm biased! But the performance and song remains the same... great!  
biggrin.gif
  And by the way, if it gets to the point where I'm hooking up the WireWorld Power cord to the electric Tea Kettle, I will listen to my Woo mates here and put down the kool-aid. "I A&B'd it a few times and it seemed to heat the kettle more efficiently and evenly..."

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #10,918 of 42,298

Quote:
To Davo50 - We could ignore your tube for sale ad the first time because it could be useful for Woo owners, but please don't repeatedly post SPAM for sale adverts here.  Once is enough.  Take it to the For Sale forums.

Um...  only posted once as many here do since it might be of interest to woo owners.

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #10,919 of 42,298

Quote:
Um...  only posted once as many here do since it might be of interest to woo owners.

Resolved ~

My apologies to you davo50. I reposted the info to someone who may have missed it. Have since cleared up the matter with HeadphoneAddict - you are fine.
beerchug.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #10,920 of 42,298

Quote:
Resolved ~

My apologies to you davo50. I reposted the info to someone who may have missed it. Have since cleared up the matter with HeadphoneAddict - you are fine.

Thanks silentone.  Seems to me that was obvious.  I am aware of the rules, but as I said, many members here do this since woo owners are fond of these tubes.  Thought I would give the guys here first chance.  The tube is now sold btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back