Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #9,691 of 42,298

Quote:
I like him too! Whenever I get to HK, we'll have to share some French bubbly... and tea. Just not mixed together!
beerchug.gif

No problem my friend. you are always welcom to viviting HK, maybe with jc in the same time, I still have some bottles of vintage 2000 in my Euro Cave to share with my buddies.
biggrin.gif
 Just for interesting information, the Mainlander Chinese are mixing the very good single malt wishky with green tea that I could not believe how much they spend in this way and waste the good alcohol.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #9,692 of 42,298
Oops, thanks for the important hint, ss. I have restarting the WA5LE last night to swap the 6SN7 when it's still hot...............................sigh. I'll remeber that next time before swapping some tubes.

Quote:
Yes Jack seems to build in a "soft start" with these amp. One thing to keep in mind is that if you turn off your Woo and don't let it cool down before restarting your Woo the "soft start" will not work.
imo its very important to make sure your Woo is at room temperature before restarting it. Not only will a "hard start" shorten your Rectifier life but the rest of your tubes also.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #9,693 of 42,298

Quote:
No problem my friend. you are always welcom to viviting HK, maybe with jc in the same time, I still have some bottles of vintage 2000 in my Euro Cave to share with my buddies.
biggrin.gif
 Just for interesting information, the Mainlander Chinese are mixing the very good single malt wishkey with green tea that I could not believe how much they spend in this way and waste the good alcohol.

I'm sure the origins of many trends can quite amusing. I prefer Champagne and wine... and in moderation. A couple of months back, I viewed one of your albums - you and your mate took some amazing photographs. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #9,695 of 42,298
Other than that, the stock of  each vintage fine wine (top five in the world) in China are much more than all these vineyards can produce in current year, believe it or not?! 
biggrin.gif
 Search in google and you'll find how they spend their money and how much FAKE things over there,

Tha'ts enough, I WOULD NOT DERAIL MY OWN THREAD.
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #9,697 of 42,298
Actually the demand is in Mainlander in China because too many people are too rich there for these kind of pemium products and so, like what you said, "encouraged many creative options".

Quote:
I'm sure in China and Hong Kong, the recent market demand for Lafite and even Carrudes (what are they thinking!?!?) has encouraged many creative "options".

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #9,698 of 42,298

Quote:
Actually the demand is in Mainlander in China because too many people are too rich there for these kind of pemium products and so, like what you said, "encouraged many creative options".

Yes, I visit my friends couple years ago in Shanghai and I have drank more high end wines and cognac than I can ever dream I can afford them.  That bubbly hangover is a major pain in the behind...much worst than Louis XIII...

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #9,699 of 42,298

Quote:
biggrin.gif
 Just for interesting information, the Mainlander Chinese are mixing the very good single malt wishky with green tea that I could not believe how much they spend in this way and waste the good alcohol.

Too bad, no trip planned to HK to Asia area this year.  Most business trip will be in Germany...

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #9,700 of 42,298
Hey John, how do you doing my friend?

That's correct, the hangover is killing and you know why? The most favorite whisky, Chevis 12 yrs, one night consumption of this whisky in China would over the whole year that they can produce. Guess why you have painful hangover after that kind of whisky and cognac if it is not from your friend who definately know where to find something genuine in China.

Quote:

Yes, I visit my friends couple years ago in Shanghai and I have drank more high end wines and cognac than I can ever dream I can afford them.  That bubbly hangover is a major pain in the behind...much worst than Louis XIII...

Ar..........................too bad.

Quote:

Too bad, no trip planned to HK to Asia area this year.  Most business trip will be in Germany...

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #9,701 of 42,298

Quote:
Hey John, how do you doing my friend?

That's correct, the hangover is killing and you know why? The most favorite whisky, Chevis 12 yrs, one night consumption of this whisky in China would over the whole year that they can produce. Guess why you have painful hangover after that kind of whisky and cognac if it is not from your friend who definately know where to find something genuine in China.

Ar..........................too bad.

Doing very well, Thanks.  Just extremely busy at work and getting ready to move in couple weeks. 

Back on the Woo topic, I like the Brimar CV1988 more than TS BGRP with LCD-2.  The lush and warm fermale vocal is really great, I need to get a hold of ECC 32 to give it a try.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #9,702 of 42,298

Yes Sir, I love the Brimar too but with no chance to try in WA5LE. The TS CV1988 is a bit brighter that is very nice match with the little dark background LCD-2, it provide more detail which the LCD-2 could perform. And the ordinary TS BGRP is well match with HD800, I love these 2 combo for these cans very much lately .

Quote:

Back on the Woo topic, I like the Brimar CV1988 more than TS BGRP with LCD-2.  The lush and warm fermale vocal is really great, I need to get a hold of ECC 32 to give it a try.

Apr 28, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #9,704 of 42,298
^ Absence makes the heart grow fonder. You'll be in for a real treat after you unbox your 22 once again. Old becomes new again!

By the way, I've noticed that the various upgrades that used to be available for the WA2 are no longer listed on Jack's website.  When were these options discontinued?

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #9,705 of 42,298
Can't sleep! It's "Zero-dark-thirty..." and I can't sleep. Awaiting a new shipment has me in a heightened state. I don't even have a tracking number! 
Maybe I'll dust off my Woo (twice done already, it's black!), straighten up the room a bit (it's meticulous) and try going to bed quietly over the next
two weeks...

confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back