Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 27, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #9,676 of 42,298
I'll be getting a WA2 on loan so I can do a direct comparison with my WA6SE. I'll do a full writeup of my findings after I've had the chance to spend some time together with the both of them. It should be fun.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #9,678 of 42,298

Quote:
I'll be getting a WA2 on loan so I can do a direct comparison with my WA6SE. I'll do a full writeup of my findings after I've had the chance to spend some time together with the both of them. It should be fun.

I'm certainly looking forward to this!

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #9,679 of 42,298

I believe mine was the corrected glass according to description of those.  I did get mine in December as well.  I must admit actual surprise at first that no sound came from the amp and indeed it was the EML.

I fully admit I've become a tube snob.  The stock tube sounds OK but is lacking compared to the EML.
Quote:
Great exchange of information to make sure we're all up to date with each other's EML experience (very helpful). Though anything can happen at anytime in this hobby, I'm now feeling less concerned after the latest comment from Icenine2. My EML came from the corrected December shipment TubesUSA received. Now with 291 hours of pleasure...

Both George; Jack, deserve praise for how they conduct their operations. About George: we had a few exchanges leading up to the eventual order and status of shipment. Nuthin' unusual about that from a proprietor. Then after I received my EML glass, he sent a follow-up email to ensure my satisfaction.

Say what?! He easily won me over in good times and I will stand by him in troubled times giving him the benefit of the doubt. And repeat business... 

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #9,682 of 42,298

Quote:
I agree with Skylab. Stay away of silver or SPC cables for the HD800. I have the DHC Complement in mine and love them. The only issues are that it is very heavy and expensive (about $800). For less than half you can get the Zeus Quad22 from Aphroditecu29.com and it also weights a fraction of the Complement and the sound is basically the same. I compared both and really could not make much of a difference. Both are OCC. The Zeus is based on the WireWorld used in their Eclipse 6 interconnect. I have it in my T1, HE-6 and DX1000 and love it.

On 9 July 2011, I will be celebrating the first year anniversary of my WA6 SE. In preparation for the event, I just ordered: A spec'd out Denon AH-D7000 + Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - Wireworld Silver XLR (Balanced)

The next raised glass of Veuve Clicquot will be in your direction Musicman59. Thanks for your insights. Sure, it's April. But I need time for burn-in, no?
popcorn.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #9,683 of 42,298

Quote:

On 9 July 2011, I will be celebrating the first year anniversary of my WA6 SE. In preparation for the event, I just ordered: A spec'd out Denon AH-D7000 + Zeus Quad22 OCC Copper 4x22 AWG - Wireworld Silver XLR (Balanced)

The next raised glass of Veuve Clicquot will be in your direction Musicman59. Thanks for your insights. Sure, it's April. But I need time for burn-in, no?
popcorn.gif

How about a party to celebrate the anniversary?
biggrin.gif
 I do love the Veuve Clicqot but my favorite Dom Pérignon would always better.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #9,684 of 42,298

Quote:

popcorn.gif

I love Veuve Clicquot (and my wife too)!! Let  me know when and I will crack a bottle open in your honor too. 
I talked to Robert tonight and told me about your choice. You are going to be very happy with the combo. Congrats!

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Apr 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #9,685 of 42,298

Quote:
How about a party to celebrate the anniversary?
biggrin.gif
 I do love the Veuve Clicqot but my favorite Dom Pérignon would always better.

I like him too! Whenever I get to HK, we'll have to share some French bubbly... and tea. Just not mixed together!
beerchug.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #9,687 of 42,298

Yes Jack seems to build in a "soft start" with these amp. One thing to keep in mind is that if you turn off your Woo and don't let it cool down before restarting your Woo the "soft start" will not work.
imo its very important to make sure your Woo is at room temperature before restarting it. Not only will a "hard start" shorten your Rectifier life but the rest of your tubes also.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #9,688 of 42,298
Grats on your newly acquired Woo amp, I have an Asus Xonar in my pc as well, but I don't use it anymore.  I prefer to use my Yulong D100, I find that internal sound cards can often have an annoying noise content to them, from all the digital signals getting clocked all over the place.  

Quote:
hi i just received woo 3+ sound great with dt990 600ohm 
biggrin.gif

and i have a  question

is the asus xonar st a good dac for woo 3+?

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #9,689 of 42,298

Quote:
I love Veuve Clicquot (and my wife too)!! Let  me know when and I will crack a bottle open in your honor too. 
I talked to Robert tonight and told me about your choice. You are going to be very happy with the combo. Congrats!

Looking back over the last 96 hours, I might as well have been drinking. I went from getting the D5000 re-cabled. To getting the LCD-2. To getting the D7000 re-cabled. I don't think my tea has been tampered with... (he grins broadly).

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #9,690 of 42,298

Quote:
Yes Jack seems to build in a "soft start" with these amp. One thing to keep in mind is that if you turn off your Woo and don't let it cool down before restarting your Woo the "soft start" will not work.
imo its very important to make sure your Woo is at room temperature before restarting it. Not only will a "hard start" shorten your Rectifier life but the rest of your tubes also.

Since the 6EW7's ran so hot in my WA6 SE, my own rule-of-thumb was 1 hour. Even though it runs so much cooler now with 6SN7's in place, I still like observing 1 hour before restart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back