Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #6,256 of 42,298

Quote:
I'll be using the WA6 to drive the dt880/600's that I also just ordered.
biggrin.gif

Welcome Cal.

That's one of my favourite combinations
beerchug.gif
 You are sure to enjoy.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #6,257 of 42,298
I've been super busy with work, so my posting count has gone down lately.  But, I promise everyone I still fire up my Woo amp and listen to quality music every week.  I need it for my sanity.  Thanks for asking and checking in.  How have things been in your neck of the woods?

Quote:
Hi, hodgjy, how have you been?

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #6,258 of 42,298
Yep, get ready to spend nearly as much money during tube rolling as you did on the initial amp price.  I told myself that I would use the stock tubes until they expired, and then I would experiment with rolling.  Ya, that lasted a week and the addiction began.

Quote:
Head-Fi claims another victim.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #6,259 of 42,298

Quote:
Yep, get ready to spend nearly as much money during tube rolling as you did on the initial amp price.  I told myself that I would use the stock tubes until they expired, and then I would experiment with rolling.  Ya, that lasted a week and the addiction began.

I can relate. I said that I would listen to the stock tubes until I became thoroughly acquainted with their sound. That didn't last long. I purchased four rectifiers and six sets of drive tubes within the first month. I think the stock tubes ended up with about 10 hours on them. They are buried somewhere at the back of my tube drawer now... I think. I haven't seen the back of that drawer in a while.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #6,260 of 42,298

Quote:
I've been super busy with work, so my posting count has gone down lately.  But, I promise everyone I still fire up my Woo amp and listen to quality music every week.  I need it for my sanity.  Thanks for asking and checking in.  How have things been in your neck of the woods?

Ah, thanks for asking. My neck of the woods is doing fine except that SF never has any meets. The last one that Jack attended was in May of 2009 (I think). I certainly would like to meet other Woo-finatics.... Woo-diophiles?
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #6,261 of 42,298

Quote:

Recently, my name in this space "Silent One" has become a contradiction of sorts. This addiction has sent me tumbling own the rabbit hole, where I can clearly be heard kickin' & screamin'! Each time I'm able to halt my slide, loose rocks and debris start falling from above, making any escape upward impossible! 

Descending into the hole itself is fun. It's the speed I find terrifying!!!

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #6,262 of 42,298

Quote:
Ah, thanks for asking. My neck of the woods is doing fine except that SF never has any meets. The last one that Jack attended was in May of 2009 (I think). I certainly would like to meet other Woo-finatics.... Woo-diophiles?
biggrin.gif

x2. Let's make something happen. We could always meet over food/drink and get to know each other. And bring the hardware along at an upcoming date.

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #6,263 of 42,298

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Heh, believe me it can get worse.  Where I live any and all meets would require a plane ticket to attend. 

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #6,264 of 42,298

Quote:
Anyone have a Denon D7000 and WA22? I'm picking up a pair of Denon for closed headphone and wonder the synergy and sound quality using single ended. I may re-terminate it to balanced later, is the stock canoe capitable of balance or need to re cable?

Denon is already 4-wire no re cabling necessary just re-termination from se to XLR.

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #6,267 of 42,298
Oct 19, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #6,268 of 42,298

Quote:
Thanks, how does it sound out of WA22?

I would probably think just fine. I have a pair with JMoney pads, balanced and sound great with my WA-6SE.

If you appreciate allot of bass, then you will certainly like the sound signature. The D7000 has probably the biggest of sound stage I have heard yet from a close design.

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #6,269 of 42,298

Quote:

LOL Oh noz.  But on the bright side our dabble in tubes might jump start the economy.

Question:  For a WA22, does the source have to be balanced for the amp to perform at its best?

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #6,270 of 42,298

Quote:

Question:  For a WA22, does the source have to be balanced for the amp to perform at its best?

[size=medium]
It's more important to have the headphones cabled for balanced use, but yes.
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back