Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #3,646 of 42,298

Quote:
Well a box from Woo Audio arrived 5 minutes ago. Small light package. It is the EML 5U4G mesh plate! I can't wait to listen to it after work. I'll certainly have a very nice weekend now. Glenn, I'll get you measurements and photos tonight if I can and post them here. I've read that this tube is a little smaller than the last version. Of course the tube is new and will only get better as time goes on.

So good to living in US, just checked with the USPS website, my tube is still in the air smewhere within the planet.

May 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #3,647 of 42,298
Ah, within the planet is good. I hear my neighbors to the north have customs to deal with. That's crazy considering that Jack is in New York and Canada is closer to him than San Francisco and still Canadians have to wait a while for parcels to clear customs before they can get their deliveries. So wrong. I mailed a CD player 2 months ago to have it repaired and it finally arrived in Canada after clearing customs. That was 3 weeks ago.

May 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #3,649 of 42,298

Quote:
So good to living in US, just checked with the USPS website, my tube is still in the air smewhere within the planet.

Somewhere within the planet? You mean shipping hell?

May 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM Post #3,650 of 42,298
Hopefully not straight to the hell, my friend.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #3,652 of 42,298
Well, it has cleared customs now but now Canada Post is seemingly taking more than 2 days to actually process the thing for shipping.  And with the weekend coming up I won't be getting till at least Monday.  So tempted to just drive to mississauga (a relatively short drive west), visit the warehouse and just take it off their slow and incompetant hands in person but obviously it doesn't work that way...
redface.gif

May 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #3,653 of 42,298
Has anyone heard anything from Jack Woo lately?  I emailed him yesterday morning about the status of my order (it's approaching the ETA date) and haven't heard anything.  Maybe he left for the long (USA) holiday weekend?

May 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #3,654 of 42,298
I heard from Jack 3 days ago when he emailed me to tell me that my EML 5U4G order was ready for shipping.

May 28, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #3,655 of 42,298

Quote:
Well a box from Woo Audio arrived 5 minutes ago. Small light package. It is the EML 5U4G mesh plate! I can't wait to listen to it after work. I'll certainly have a very nice weekend now. Glenn, I'll get you measurements and photos tonight if I can and post them here. I've read that this tube is a little smaller than the last version. Of course the tube is new and will only get better as time goes on.

Small box? Huge for a tube. I got mine today,,it;s in the amp burning in..
Woo Audio packed my EML tube incredibly well,,the box the tube comes in is nice too.. 

May 28, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #3,656 of 42,298

Quote:
Small box? Huge for a tube. I got mine today,,it;s in the amp burning in.. Woo Audio packed my EML tube incredibly well,,the box the tube comes in is nice too.. 

Fantastic! I am an hour away from burning mine in, too. Can't wait to get home.

May 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #3,657 of 42,298

Quote:
Has anyone heard anything from Jack Woo lately?  I emailed him yesterday morning about the status of my order (it's approaching the ETA date) and haven't heard anything.  Maybe he left for the long (USA) holiday weekend?

Jack probably has his reasons for the hold up, regardless i can promise you he will get back to you if you were starting to doubt. 
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #3,658 of 42,298
I think I am getting ready to pull the plug and go for the Woo 6SE. I  presently have a Woo 6. Is the 6SE a meaningful upgrade over the 6?

May 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #3,660 of 42,298

Quote:
April 21st!  This is from 12 days ago:

"We are waiting for a missing part which will arrive next week. Thanks for your patience.

Jack"

Jjinh let us know how you like it.

Are you still waiting for your Woo because of missing parts and customs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back