Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #3,376 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinsengumi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My WA22 is ready for shipping. Sadly I had to verify my credit card suddenly at paypal and it will take a few days before I get the card statement.

Try calling your bank/credit card issuer. My bank was able to provide me with the PayPal code within five minutes.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #3,377 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by flaming_june /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for 1900 is that a good thing or bad thing? In regards to "get waht you pay"

When it says Woo on the Amp its always a good thing!!

In regards to "get what you pay for" Woo is one of the best examples of that, you always get your moneys worth with a Woo.
wink.gif

ss

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #3,378 of 42,298
Quote:

But soon I will try my tubes which are laying here waiting for their companion. I will try Tung-Sol 6SN7GT, Tung-Sol 5998 and Sophia Princess, and when my wallet has recovered I will buy a EML-rectifier. But my question is which one is the best: 274B-Mesh or 5U4G-Mesh? What kind of sonic differences will I get?

If you start trying NOS tube rolling I would suggest you do your homework first, and not only on the NOS but on the seller as well.

The new redesigned EML 5U4G is the best by far. It really does everything very well. As were the 274B Mesh is slow very heavy on the bass, the bass seems to affect the mids as well, highs are ok and the soundstage is the biggest I have ever heard but a little focused.

ss

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #3,379 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you start trying NOS tube rolling I would suggest you do your homework first, and not only on the NOS but on the seller as well.

The new redesigned EML 5U4G is the best by far. It really does everything very well. As were the 274B Mesh is slow very heavy on the bass, the bass seems to affect the mids as well, highs are ok and the soundstage is the biggest I have ever heard but a little focused.

ss

Thank you for your answer about EML 5U4G! But I didn't really understand what you are suggesting about NOS-homework.

Apr 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3,380 of 42,298
Quote:

Thank you for your answer about EML 5U4G! But I didn't really understand what you are suggesting about NOS-homework.

N (new) O (Old) S (stock), this means these tubes are no longer being made but are new. Homework is to determine the type of tubes that will best fit your needs and that of your Amp and of course your pocket book.

ss

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #3,381 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to dannie and orknay btw on your new amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks Xcalibur.

Quote:

for 1900 is that a good thing or bad thing? In regards to "get waht you pay"

Yes, the WA22 is "get what you pay", it sound very good stock with some nice tubes otherwise it would be a waste.

Quote:

But soon I will try my tubes which are laying here waiting for their companion. I will try Tung-Sol 6SN7GT, Tung-Sol 5998 and Sophia Princess, and when my wallet has recovered I will buy a EML-rectifier. But my question is which one is the best: 274B-Mesh or 5U4G-Mesh? What kind of sonic differences will I get?

Just curious where you get those pricey Tung-Sol 6SN7GT, please write some impression about how it sound.

Apr 30, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #3,382 of 42,298
Sillysally,

When you purchase a pair of NOS tubes, is it still important to match them even if there are same brand and type?

Quote:

When it says Woo on the Amp its always a good thing!!

In regards to "get what you pay for" Woo is one of the best examples of that, you always get your moneys worth with a Woo.
wink.gif

ss

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #3,383 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by rich.no /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try calling your bank/credit card issuer. My bank was able to provide me with the PayPal code within five minutes.

x2

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #3,384 of 42,298
Quote:

ss

Hi sillysally,

The new redesigned EML 5U4G, ¿is it mesh or solid plate?

Do you have the EML 5U4G mesh to compare?

I have the EML 274b solid and the EML 5U4G mesh.

If the new EML 5U4G is better than the EML 5U4G mesh, i will be very interested in buy this.

Regards.

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #3,385 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Xcalibur.

Yes, the WA22 is "get what you pay", it sound very good stock with some nice tubes otherwise it would be a waste.

So basically it sounds good stock and shouldn't be changed/tube rolled?

wooaudio.jpg

T minus 10 days + 2weeks shipping.

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #3,386 of 42,298
Quote:

The EML 5U4G mesh is a very nice Rectifier and should help your 701s.

ss

It will be the 274B actually. Unless the 5U4G really is that much better, but my gut says the 274B sound will be right for me. Heavy bass is what the doctor ordered for the K701, unless it is bloated sounding but I haven't ever heard anybody level that criticism against any EML tube. I'm looking for a very organic sound that is revealing of texture, not necessarily lots of speed and energy. I don't want it to sound boring, it has to have good PRAT still but my idea of having fun is listening deep into the music without any hint of fatigue and I think the 274B will do this better.

Do you think I'm on the right track with this assumption? I only intend to do this once since $250 is a lot of money for a single tube given my humble income.

edit: oh, and I *love* a big soundstage. EML 274B is king here and I would be willing to accept a couple of small performance losses elsewhere to get this huge soundstage.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #3,387 of 42,298
Quote:

So basically it sounds good stock and shouldn't be changed/tube rolled?

wooaudio.jpg

T minus 10 days + 2weeks shipping.

I think he means you don't need to change internal parts in the amp to pursue greater performance. Tube rolling will usually bring the amp much closer to your own personal ideal, especially since the rectifiers Jack sends are usually just okay at best.

Apr 30, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #3,389 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocque /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And now I can relate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Bad cameraphone pic attached for your approval.

Attachment 29205

Welcome to the wonderful world of Woo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back