Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 28, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #1,831 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suprfly2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have asked Jack whether the 6FD7 will damage my October delivered WA6SE. I'll post the verdict.

So, I got my reply from Jack to my question:

"No, 6FD7 is not recommended on the 6SE. Only one amp was done differently."

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #1,832 of 42,298
Quote:

So, I got my reply from Jack to my question:

"No, 6FD7 is not recommended on the 6SE. Only one amp was done differently."

I knew the SE wasn't compatible, but what does "Only one amp was done differently" mean??
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #1,833 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew the SE wasn't compatible, but what does "Only one amp was done differently" mean??
confused_face_2.gif

Yeah, Jack's email replies can sometimes be a bit...cryptic.
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #1,834 of 42,298
Quote:

Yeah, Jack's email replies can sometimes be a bit...cryptic.
biggrin.gif

At least you got a response
redface.gif
The last question I asked him was never answered. Seems to me that he's too busy these days to answer all his email.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #1,835 of 42,298
Please leave him alone, he has to finish my WA6SE !

about Jack's reply, he may had in mind one 6se that has been modded to be compatible, the only one built that way.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #1,836 of 42,298
Finally, the Sophia Princess 274B I ordered two weeks ago has arrived at my house.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait until I am done work so I can test the baby out... hopefully it'll bring about good changes even on my stock WA6; I haven't been too thrilled with my two rectifiers so far, the stock Sovtek (not refined enough and too coloured) and the NU 5U4G (nice flat sound, but... a little TOO boring and too polite in the bottom end).

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #1,837 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, the Sophia Princess 274B I ordered two weeks ago has arrived at my house.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait until I am done work so I can test the baby out... hopefully it'll bring about good changes even on my stock WA6; I haven't been too thrilled with my two rectifiers so far, the stock Sovtek (not refined enough and too coloured) and the NU 5U4G (nice flat sound, but... a little TOO boring and too polite in the bottom end).

It might sound a bit boomy in the bass for the first 24 hours, but it improves a lot in the first day and it's completely burned-in by 80 hours.

Dec 29, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #1,838 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It might sound a bit boomy in the bass for the first 24 hours, but it improves a lot in the first day and it's completely burned-in by 80 hours.

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to avoid pairing this up with the HD650 for the time being then.
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #1,839 of 42,298
Quote:

At least you got a response
redface.gif
The last question I asked him was never answered. Seems to me that he's too busy these days to answer all his email.

Glenn, was that in connection with the 6sn7 adaptors ?

Perhaps I missed it, but I havent seen any pics of these adaptors in this thread.

Could anyone who has bought a pair of these adaptors care to post a pic?

Dec 29, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #1,840 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glenn, was that in connection with the 6sn7 adaptors ?

Perhaps I missed it, but I havent seen any pics of these adaptors in this thread.

Could anyone who has bought a pair of these adaptors care to post a pic?

Wow you have a good memory! Yes it was about the adapters Jack was selling. I never heard anything from him

Dec 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #1,841 of 42,298
Well, after a whole night of listening with WA6 + Sophia Princess, all I have to say in short, is...

- OMG Soundstage!
- OMG Separation!

With both my K701 and HD650, I think the Princess is worth its value alone purely for these two things... I never realized how compact and congested the Sovtek and NU tubes before trying out the princess... but they truly do pale in comparison. Princess is pretty much a new experience in immersive soundstage (not only in wideness, but in its 3D depth) and the separation of instruments and notes is fantastic. The mids that simply refused to come out with NU and Sovtek came out in full with the Princess, without sacrificing the Highs and lows in the process. There was no artificial bump in midbass or screecy highs like the Sovteks, yet did not sound totally boring like the NU tube did.

So yes, in all, Sophia made a BIG difference even on my stock, plain Jane WA6. Very happy with the purchase overall. Now, I just hope that it lasts me a while (I did read some negative things concerning its durability in the long run).

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #1,842 of 42,298
Welcome to the club, and I do hope that your Princess lasts long as I am eying this myself for my WA22.

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after a whole night of listening with WA6 + Sophia Princess, all I have to say in short, is...

- OMG Soundstage!
- OMG Separation!

With both my K701 and HD650, I think the Princess is worth its value alone purely for these two things... I never realized how compact and congested the Sovtek and NU tubes before trying out the princess... but they truly do pale in comparison. Princess is pretty much a new experience in immersive soundstage (not only in wideness, but in its 3D depth) and the separation of instruments and notes is fantastic. The mids that simply refused to come out with NU and Sovtek came out in full with the Princess, without sacrificing the Highs and lows in the process. There was no artificial bump in midbass or screecy highs like the Sovteks, yet did not sound totally boring like the NU tube did.

So yes, in all, Sophia made a BIG difference even on my stock, plain Jane WA6. Very happy with the purchase overall. Now, I just hope that it lasts me a while (I did read some negative things concerning its durability in the long run).

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #1,843 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to the club, and I do hope that your Princess lasts long as I am eying this myself for my WA22.

So far 6F8G sound the best, but they hum like crazy ONLY with Sophia Princess 274B. If you plan to use 6F8G, forget the princess.
frown.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #1,844 of 42,298
Quote:

Wow you have a good memory! Yes it was about the adapters Jack was selling. I never heard anything from him

Hey Glenn, I've asked the price about the 6SN7 adapters weeks ago and got replied from Jack within some days later with quote.

"We do have few pairs of 6DE7 to 6SN7 and 6DN7 adaptors in stock. These were custom made some times ago. It costs $40 a pair + $13 shipping"

Dec 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #1,845 of 42,298
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi tosehee, I have my SP274B in use with 800hrs mark by now and I do hope it will last longer also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back