Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 15, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #36,001 of 42,298
You think any power conditioner  can supply power faster then the big transformer feeding your house.
I think NOT.  You think they make your equipment sound better because you spent  allot of money on it.
As ridicules as  power cords
The best of These things are a power supply and a SS amp running off a 50 or 60Hz frequency source
feeding your equipment.

My face upon hearing my W5LE with new power cables. Can't explain it other than I had my wife do a blind test and I could choose the expensive cable everytime? Maybe my old cord was defective or something?

Dec 15, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #36,002 of 42,298
Probably best just to have people experiment with different cables by borrowing for a test. That way if there is no perceivable difference they have not spent a cent.

I have learned later in life that there are actually very few truths cemented in stone. Having an open mind is the first step towards mature wisdom.

All this from a member very weary of supposed improvements by expensive cables?

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #36,003 of 42,298
I've always trusted my ears over price tags, reviews and word of mouth. Makes it nice and simple, if I like it I like it.
But I can say to my ears; power conditioning and cables have made a big improvement, only behind different USB cables.
Also I'll leave this here for a bit of extra reading :p
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/shunyata-power-products-tested-in-medical-applications/

Dec 15, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #36,004 of 42,298
Would anyone out there with listening knowledge of both compare the WA5 or WA5 LE to the WA7 Fireflies with TP power Supply?

Also any advice on the sound difference between last year's WA5 purchasing new and the current WA5? 

Thanks in advance- 

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #36,005 of 42,298
  Would anyone out there with listening knowledge of both compare the WA5 or WA5 LE to the WA7 Fireflies with TP power Supply?

Also any advice on the sound difference between last year's WA5 purchasing new and the current WA5? 

Thanks in advance- 

A wa5le has greater depth and width in soundstage, extension, tighter richer bass, more euphonic than wa7 with tube p.s.   Wa7 sounds more solid state to me but tube p.s. definitely add much more depth to sound stage.

Dec 17, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #36,007 of 42,298
Hi guys, I'm currently using the xonar stx soundcard with muses opamp and I'm interested in hopping onboard with these woo audio amps. I use the rca jack to speakers and headphone output to my el-8 open backs. 
Any recommendations on which woo audio amps I can get started with? 

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #36,008 of 42,298

A wa5le has greater depth and width in soundstage, extension, tighter richer bass, more euphonic than wa7 with tube p.s.   Wa7 sounds more solid state to me but tube p.s. definitely add much more depth to sound stage.

I have tried all woo products and have owned most. The WA5 is in its own league for sure. Has a big and very liquid sound that can drive all headphones.

Enjoy music!

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #36,009 of 42,298
Just to say "Hi" to all from Germany, love this wallet unfriendly forum! 
biggrin.gif

Well, in your opinion, witch driver is the best sounding tube for the WA22 / Audeze LCD-3?

Tung-Sol 6SN7 round plate black glass
Mullard ecc35
Mullard ecc32
6f8g TungSol or NU  with adapter
... other ?

I simply can't decide. 
frown.gif

Thanks in advance!
Rom

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #36,011 of 42,298
  Just to say "Hi" to all from Germany, love this wallet unfriendly forum! 
biggrin.gif

Well, in your opinion, witch driver is the best sounding tube for the WA22 / Audeze LCD-3?

Tung-Sol 6SN7 round plate black glass
Mullard ecc35
Mullard ecc32
6f8g TungSol or NU  with adapter
... other ?

I simply can't decide. 
frown.gif

Thanks in advance!
Rom

I would get the tsrp 6f8g- these are quite popular overall. 

Dec 19, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #36,014 of 42,298
Update on my dead WA5LE.  The power transformer fried-- which is why it blew fuse after fuse.  Replacing the transformer is going to set me back $500.  Woo offered to take the amp as trade at $1050.  Total: $1550 which is a fair market value of the amp.  

Yep.  I'm moving to the new WA5LE.    

The reason for the dead transformer is unknown.  Jack says an improperly installed rectifier will blow the transformer, but that was definitely not the case here.  My amp was running at the time of the failure, and I hadn't removed the rectifier in 6 months with plenty of normal use.  Translation: It just wore out.

Now the wait begins for the new amp.  I'm going with the upgraded parts.  Still haven't jumped to the Taks.  I should probably hold off on that move.

Sign me,

Wooless in Los Angeles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back