Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #29,821 of 42,298
No idea, sorry. I'm pretty sure you have a compatriot on here who has the WA2, did you search the WA2 & T1 threads?

But I wouldn't characterize the WA2 as dark. Lush, but not dark. Haven't heard the other two.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #29,822 of 42,298
No idea, sorry. I'm pretty sure you have a compatriot on here who has the WA2, did you search the WA2 & T1 threads?

But I wouldn't characterize the WA2 as dark. Lush, but not dark. Haven't heard the other two.

Sure I live up the road from him as it happens - which is crazy. I think i am the only person in Ireland with a WA2. 

I have a few different tube types as well - valentino22 - you can call down to my house for a listen anytime 
beerchug.gif

May 1, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #29,825 of 42,298
That is pretty funny that you actually happen to live so close.

I wonder ...

Ahem, gee I've always wanted to test drive a Bugatti Veyron, but uh don't want to pay the 30% import tax. Anyone have any advice?

May 1, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #29,826 of 42,298
I feel soo lucky now. I would have never thought that there is anyone here in Ireland who's interested in head-fi :) I checked a couple of music shops and the most expensive headphones are around 300 Euros, the Beats. I felt like no one has the desire to experience better quality, hence there is no market for it.

And it's ironic because the Sennheiser factory is here in Ireland, all the Sennheiser headphones are produced here, I suppose even the HD800s too. But you can only buy the low-end types in the shops.

So thanks for the invitation, I will gladly meet you somtime.

Sure I live up the road from him as it happens - which is crazy. I think i am the only person in Ireland with a WA2. 

I have a few different tube types as well - valentino22 - you can call down to my house for a listen anytime 
beerchug.gif

May 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #29,828 of 42,298
I am considering getting a WA3 to drive my Sen 600s. I've read the amp is very "tubey". Does it lack detail or sound veiled? I am looking for an amp that will help the music come alive. Was consider the schiit Valhalla but it seems to get mixed reviews.

May 2, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #29,830 of 42,298
I am considering getting a WA3 to drive my Sen 600s. I've read the amp is very "tubey". Does it lack detail or sound veiled? I am looking for an amp that will help the music come alive. Was consider the schiit Valhalla but it seems to get mixed reviews.

If you are looking for detail extraction, the WA3 is not for you. It sounds very tubey and lush, but it also sound veiled compared to WA6. But if you seek to make your setup more "musical", this is the amp for you.

May 2, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #29,832 of 42,298
Thanks for the advice! Is the wa3 too "thick" sounding? What would the sonic difference be between the Wa3 and 6?

To me the WA3 does sound thicker than WA6. It sounds very tubey while the WA6 sounds more like SS compared to WA3. Don't get me wrong, WA6 still sounds lush, but because the WA3 sounds very dark and maybe a bit veiled, WA6 may sound analytical in comparison. It depends on what you're going after, if you seek darker, overly-lush sounding amp, go for the WA3. If you seek a lush sounding amp with a pretty good detail retrieval, go for the WA6 IMO.

Keep in mind that the WA3 is OTL and thus your cans option would be very limited, unlike the WA6 where it (IMO) virtually sounds good with almost any cans it is used with.

May 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #29,833 of 42,298
I don't have a Veyron but if you live in the Midwest, you can drive my McLaren F1...

:eek: Yowza, that's quite the offer. Alas I'm a world away from the midwest at the moment.

For what it's worth, based on a one night tryst with the Valhalla, I think it's a great little amp for the money. Haven't heard it with the 600s though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back