Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Apr 7, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #29,731 of 42,298
Apr 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #29,732 of 42,298
  I have done that, with a friend randomly switching between the Shunyatas and the stock power cable.  (We used the V200 stock cable; the Woo amp does not come with one.)  For music we used the end of one track and the beginning of the next track on Lindsey Buckingham's 'Out of the Cradle' album, in order to get the space between tracks as part of the test.  We did the test 7 times.

I was never able to tell the difference with the DAC power cables being switched, but with the V200 and the WA2, I picked the correct cable every time; 7 out of 7.  As I said before, it was most noticeable during the silence between the tracks.  Perhaps my stock cable was defective, but it was very obvious each time.

I've done the same thing with interconnects and USB cables, but have never been able to distinguish any audible differences.

Wow, that's really amazing.  I like that you're honest about what you can and can't hear.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  In my case, it could be that the stock PC I had was pretty good quality therefore I couldn't hear diff in blind test.  

Apr 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #29,733 of 42,298
  I have done that, with a friend randomly switching between the Shunyatas and the stock power cable.  (We used the V200 stock cable; the Woo amp does not come with one.)  For music we used the end of one track and the beginning of the next track on Lindsey Buckingham's 'Out of the Cradle' album, in order to get the space between tracks as part of the test.  We did the test 7 times.

I was never able to tell the difference with the DAC power cables being switched, but with the V200 and the WA2, I picked the correct cable every time; 7 out of 7.  As I said before, it was most noticeable during the silence between the tracks.  Perhaps my stock cable was defective, but it was very obvious each time.

I've done the same thing with interconnects and USB cables, but have never been able to distinguish any audible differences.

You definitely have better hearing than me, I tried both Ironlung Jellyfish and Shunyata Venom-HC, I can't tell a difference from Powerplant to WA22.  Good thing Music Direct have great return policy, got a full refund of Shunyata Venom-HC.

However I can tell the difference between wall outlet and Powerplant.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #29,734 of 42,298

You definitely have better hearing than me, I tried both Ironlung Jellyfish and Shunyata Venom-HC, I can't tell a difference from Powerplant to WA22.  Good thing Music Direct have great return policy, got a full refund of Shunyata Venom-HC.

However I can tell the difference between wall outlet and Powerplant.

You are not alone.  I am there with you and glad we saved ourselves quite a bit of money.  
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #29,735 of 42,298
I don't think I have any better hearing than average; as I mentioned above, it may have been that the stock power cord was defective in some way.  It's possible that some cheaper replacement cords would have done the trick.  But the lack of of noise in the background when the Shunyatas were put in the chain was so obvious anyone would have heard it.

Apr 8, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #29,740 of 42,298
Hehe it's a used one, but I still felt that new car feeling. The yulong da8 is new.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #29,742 of 42,298
Apr 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #29,745 of 42,298

Users who are viewing this thread

Back