Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Dec 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #29,116 of 42,298
  i really want this 
frown.gif

Yeah, that car is such a bee-atch.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #29,117 of 42,298
ill probably just end up getting the new corolla instead since thats more realistic. it'll end up costing almost the same though, a fully loaded corolla s will cost like 23-24.

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #29,118 of 42,298
DG, every new car immediately depreciates. That's why the CPO deals are so good.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #29,120 of 42,298
Dec 25, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #29,121 of 42,298
  How would you describe the similarities/differneces between the GS-X mk2 versus a fully NOS tubed WA22?

Regards,

the WA22 remains warm and lush and is always slightly shy of perfection in regards to transparency, the GSX MK2 offers more clarity and detail as well. 

the WA22 throws a bigger soundstage but the GSX MK2 will image better. the WA22 will be more euphonic, but the GSX MK2 more accurate.

bass is better on the GSX MK2, its tighter cleaner more textured, softer and further back on the WA22, but with a little more bloom perhaps. 

the WA22 has more body and a nicer midrange in a way, the midrange is very tubey and romantic, it has that tube magic that the GSX MK2 lacks. the WA22 also is forward in the mids, not in an aggressive way, but the mids just stand out alot more than the bass thats push back a bit and the smooth treble, its a mid-centric amp, much more than the other woos i used to own.

both are good, i just think the GSX MK2 is better overall, with the WA22 excelling mainly in having a euphonic midrange and a huge soundstage, but the GSX MK2 being better at everything else.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #29,122 of 42,298

the WA22 remains warm and lush and is always slightly shy of perfection in regards to transparency, the GSX MK2 offers more clarity and detail as well. 

the WA22 throws a bigger soundstage but the GSX MK2 will image better. the WA22 will be more euphonic, but the GSX MK2 more accurate.

bass is better on the GSX MK2, its tighter cleaner more textured, softer and further back on the WA22, but with a little more bloom perhaps. 

the WA22 has more body and a nicer midrange in a way, the midrange is very tubey and romantic, it has that tube magic that the GSX MK2 lacks. the WA22 also is forward in the mids, not in an aggressive way, but the mids just stand out alot more than the bass thats push back a bit and the smooth treble, its a mid-centric amp, much more than the other woos i used to own.

both are good, i just think the GSX MK2 is better overall, with the WA22 excelling mainly in having a euphonic midrange and a huge soundstage, but the GSX MK2 being better at everything else.

VERY interesting :D A fully NOS tubed WA22 will quicklu become more expensive than the gs-X mk2 also. Something to think about as I`ve been reading som many good things about the WA22, but I love the controlled bass on my Taurus mk1, but would like a warmer and "closer" midrange and more texture. I like the "effortless" description I`ve read about the GS-X mk2 also
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #29,123 of 42,298
^ I can attest for the mid range DG was talking about on the WA22.  To me, the WA22 mid is forward in a super intimate way.  Vocals are just so lush, full bodied and yes, just warm enough. Texture is excellent.  Bass on WA22 can't be SS like.  With ken rad vt231 and TS 5998, the bass I am getting now is quite good but still a touch shy for my taste, especially for my HE500.  At a recent meet, I had a chance to listen to a few headamp amps, they are amazing! If I ever go stax, the amp will have to be a BHSE.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #29,124 of 42,298

Have you heard the fully nos tubed wa22 and gs-x mk2 on the lcd-x? they got more treble and are more punchy in the bass :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #29,125 of 42,298
Listening to Amy Winehouse "Lioness" on vinyl through my WA5LE.  Magic.  

Anyway-- a few responses:

Quote:
these depreciates too right? so if its like 25k new it'll be worth 20k as soon as i drive it off the lot?

Like the famous Bob Seger Chevy commercial sings:  "...Like a Rock..."

$230000 over 30 years still needs to account for capital gains taxes (I know I know taxes are for suckers!) AND inflation.

There are worse problems to have than paying taxes on the $230,000 you've earned by investing.  

Let's do a little more math (cause it's fun):  If you can throw a little money into that account each month, say $100 dollars over those 30 years (because you paid cash for your used car and you have a few extra dollars each month), you now have $464,000 after 30 years.  

These numbers go insane when you start a little younger.  Say you're 21 (can I get a do-over on my 20's?) and you do the same investment-- $12,000 plus a hundred a month over 40 years-- Congrats, you're a millionaire. $1,276,000 and change.  Pizza and beer money each month with a modest initial investment.  

Or you can enjoy the smell of the new car, and be thankful you won't have the problem of paying taxes-- on the money you don't have.  

Happy Holidays Everyone!  Seriously!

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #29,126 of 42,298
Have you heard the fully nos tubed wa22 and gs-x mk2 on the lcd-x? they got more treble and are more punchy in the bass
smily_headphones1.gif

only tried the X on the GSX MK2 not on the WA22 (only the LCD-3 here).

i liked it on the GSX, sounded like LCD-2 but much better.

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #29,127 of 42,298
only tried the X on the GSX MK2 not on the WA22 (only the LCD-3 here).

i liked it on the GSX, sounded like LCD-2 but much better.

I got something to think about now :wink: But GS-Xmk2 is difficult to get a hold of? And at least impossible to try here in Norway....

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #29,128 of 42,298
How would you rate a full on NOS tubed WA22, the GS-Xmk2 and a EC Balancing Act with the new output transformers on the LCD-X?

Dec 27, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #29,129 of 42,298
Hello -,

I thought to repost my questions as they were sorta buried by car discussions.

Anyone here to share some thought on using WA7 with LCD-2? If you are using such a combination, would you please comment on how suitable such a pairing is for classical, melodies, soundtracks, bluz, sometime pop, rock and NewAge/Progressive genre?  Is this a good choice to buy these two to listen to music of those genre or it makes sense to choose something else?

Also, any recommendation on what USB cable to buy to connect WA7 to macbook pro over USB? I can spend around 50$ on this. The other question would be on how much difference it makes to use a normal USB cable or the better ones that cost much more. I will be using WA7 with LCD-2.

Thank you.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #29,130 of 42,298
I can't comment on WA7 since I do not have personal experience, but for the LCD-2 it is not the best headphone for wide soundstage and separation, there are better phones for orchestra and classical, however it has a euphonic, intimate, romantic sound which I love to listen to piano, jazz vocal, not to mention it has pretty good amount of bass but shy of treble for poorly recorded pop musics...

I use regular USB cable(printer cable which came with my epson printer 
biggrin.gif
) for my DA8. I had fancy USB cable (well not those couple hundred dollar one it was audio quest forest) when I had W4S but did not notice any difference when I switched back and forth. Maybe my ears or DAC are not good enough to hear any differences... If i were you, I would spend that money on tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back