Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 24, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #14,761 of 42,298
Thanks - there might be, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as big as Head-Fi.  As it is I don't think many Woo amps come up for sale here too often - maybe a sign that they are enjoyed so much.

I got very lucky and found one on the Canadian audio trading forum. You have a larger population to work with so you may be surprised. Also you have the LCD-3's working in your favour now.

Oct 24, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #14,762 of 42,298
There are many contenders for my junk to cash conversion.  as far as the Woo arena is concerned I'm not sure which is best for the LCD-2.  The WA6SE, WA22. WA2.  up against them would be the Peak/Volcano.

The Woo's however do have the look of a tube amp that I like, whereas the Peak looks like someone plunked a tube on top by mistake.  Usually I do not take the look of a piece of gear into my purchasing decision but there is some gradational pull to a cool looking tube amp. Am I wrong?   No expresso machines though...

Being a benefitter (oops) of the great info/opinions in this place, I'd thought I'd throw in my tiny contribution. I find the WA2 does not play to the strengths of the LCD-2. It makes the clear, detailed sound a bit less so without adding noticeably to the musicality (whatever that means) the way it does with the T1s.

Though some of that might be down to preconceptions -> damn this place. :mad:

edit: correction of wrong word to non-word

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #14,763 of 42,298

Quote:
Haha yes, at work! I'm an engineer, I research how our products match up with industry standards, etc. I merely reported that it was finally listed on the site, and it's no longer an ethereal piece of gear! Give me some credit here!

Credit given.
smile.gif

Industry research must be an interesting job. Keeps you on top of things.
I work as an accounting associate. In other words I just work on someone else's gigantic checkbook and other chained-to-the-desk activities; it really pales by comparison to your job.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #14,764 of 42,298

Quote:
The Woo's however do have the look of a tube amp that I like, whereas the Peak looks like someone plunked a tube on top by mistake.  Usually I do not take the look of a piece of gear into my purchasing decision but there is some gradational pull to a cool looking tube amp. Am I wrong?

Not at all.  The reproduction of music is an emotional experience.  If the look and feel of your equipment enhances your appreciation you have made the perfect choice.

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #14,767 of 42,298
biggrin.gif

Actually, I would include cables and whatever else brings you pleasure.  If the product or tweak is worth to you the increased enjoyment you experience it was an excellent purchase. 

This is a hobby.  The yuck/buck ratio rules.

Totally concur. Pleasure is all in your head - in this respect aesthetics are as real as physics. Part of my desire to get the LCD-2s stems from childhood memories of hours spent listening to my parents' record player through huge brown Pioneer headphones.

edited for grammar - my typing mojo is weak today

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #14,768 of 42,298
Listening to Rush right now on my WA6SE and SR325is <3 
beyersmile.png

Oct 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #14,772 of 42,298

Quote:
Pudu.  Lewis Hamilton's helmet is your avatar yes?  

I noted this as well.  Fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu

He makes slight changes from race to race. Though nothing like a certain Mr Vettel.

This is probably what makes Vettel faster. 
tongue.gif
  Plus, they look better than the Red Bull stocking hat Vettel is wearing in his standard promo pic.

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #14,773 of 42,298
This is probably what makes Vettel faster. 
tongue.gif
  Plus, they look better than the Red Bull stocking hat Vettel is wearing in his standard promo pic.

I think Adrian Newooey (just to keep this on topic) is what makes him faster. :p

I like some of his designs better than the ubiquitous Red Bull stuff. However a driver's helmet used to be like a signature - instantly recognizable and part of his identity. Think about at Senna's helmet. Now Schumacher's helmet. Now Sebastian's. Which one can you picture in your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back