Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jan 5, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #7,666 of 42,298
^ Thanks. I see that you've slipped out of your diving gear and into a comfortable shirt. Nice touch. GoodMusic + WA22 = GoodLife. Nice equation! And speaking of an equation: I wonder which headphones A.Einstein would have paired with his Woo?
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #7,668 of 42,298
I am just about to order a WA2, been emailing back and forth with Jack about WA6 SE vs WA2 for vinyl source and RS1i.

I noticed most everyone here says go WA6 SE but Jack seems to say WA2 has better synergy. What you guys think?

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #7,670 of 42,298
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #7,671 of 42,298

Quote:
I am just about to order a WA2, been emailing back and forth with Jack about WA6 SE vs WA2 for vinyl source and RS1i.

I noticed most everyone here says go WA6 SE but Jack seems to say WA2 has better synergy. What you guys think?

I would trust Jack. I was thinking in buying a WA22 because my sources and headphones are all balanced but Jack told me the WA5-LE was a better amplifier and match. I confirmed the in a listening test and bought the WA5-LE eventhat it is Single Ended and I am very happy with it.

Jack is very honest and will give you the right advice.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #7,672 of 42,298
I had a headphone nirvana experience I've never had before the Woo.  I was listening to a FLAC live recording of Jeff Beck playing at the Park West Chicago on the WA22+T-1's.  I was listening and it sounded like I had the speakers running, took off the headphones and............no speakers on.  Wow!

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #7,673 of 42,298

Quote:
I had a headphone nirvana experience I've never had before the Woo.  I was listening to a FLAC live recording of Jeff Beck playing at the Park West Chicago on the WA22+T-1's.  I was listening and it sounded like I had the speakers running, took off the headphones and............no speakers on.  Wow!

Cool.  Isn't it great when this happens!

Jan 6, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #7,675 of 42,298

Quote:

Beck live + WA22 + T-1??? Hope you weren't rudely interrupted during that session... 

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #7,676 of 42,298
So today I had my first audio purchase of the New Year. I had a moratorium for the last quarter of 2010, boy did I hold out deep into 2011...I waited until January 6th before I took the plunge.
smile.gif
I had thought of the DNA Sonnett with is a beautiful looking amp, but some reports from people I really respect around here of it being not the greatest to keep up with the 600 ohm T1s had me go with the WA2.

I just ordered the WA2 from Jack. Should be here in 2 weeks. I am definitely still keeping my MAD transformer coupled amp to drive my RS1i (best combo I've heard yet) and my Ed. 8s (I prefer this amp with them over the Concerto). I plan to use the WA2 to drive my T1s/HD800s and LCD-2s. So that kinda leaves my Concerto as odd man out. I guess, I'm just a tube guy. I won't sell my Concerto until the WA2 arrives for some A-B comparisons first.

Now the let the waiting begin.
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #7,677 of 42,298

Quote:

Interesting...I would also go with Jack (he would know), but an OTL amp is usually not ideal for low impedance (non-planar) cans. Interesting...I will see how it compares to my MAD Amp....very interesting.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #7,678 of 42,298
Welcome to the Woo Club, Peter! Glad to have you here.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #7,679 of 42,298

Quote:
Interesting...I would also go with Jack (he would know), but an OTL amp is usually not ideal for low impedance (non-planar) cans. Interesting...I will see how it compares to my MAD Amp....very interesting.

I thought so too, he firmly stated that it works extremely well with low Z cans like the RS1i. I asked him several times. I am gonna take the plunge and order the stock WA2 in black. its in the shopping cart I just have to pull the trigger.......was going to go with the MAD Ear + HD for the RS1 but the looks, 4 inputs, and the preamp function of the WA2 have me on board.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #7,680 of 42,298
Hero - I'm curious to know how the WA2 handles the LCD2s.  My trigger finger has been a bit itchy there, to have as a companion to my T1s with my WA22!

Ice - you know what I mean, right?!

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back