Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 12, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #34,516 of 42,298
New to WA5-LE:
  1. High power 1/4” and 4-Pin XLR headphone outputs (up to 8watts)
  1. User selectable High Power or Low Power output to match a wide variety of headphone power demands

1. User selectable High or Low impedance to match headphone impedance
  1. User selectable High or Low output LEVEL to match headphone sensitivity
  1. XLR input x 1

I have been running my Abyss at about 25% volume. Most other amps, I need to to run it at 75-95%.

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #34,517 of 42,298
Thanks for the replies guys.

Think its looking more like the WA5LE. Here is my main question

For a speaker system, Which will produce a more tubey (& better) version of the sound? WA5 LE functioning as a preamp or a dedicated tube amp? After dropping ~5k USD, im wondering if I should save the money for a dedicated tube amp or continue to use WA5LE. In a way I am trying to make one thing do both and my logic is that WA5 as a premium head phone amp will also act as a premium tube preamp when used in a speaker system.

Not sure if the above logic holds up, as ultimately I may move into a speaker system once a few things work out, but at the moment use headphones heavily so wanted to view the Woo as an intermediate source that I don't mind spending big on if that means I can use it as a valuable component in a speaker system which competes with other mid-higher tier system.

I am thinking of using netural power amps like Bryston. 

Is this just a crazy thought? Am I asking too much off the Woo? Am i better to get an allright amp now and then get an actual hifi amp for hifi use?

Regards
Thunder

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #34,518 of 42,298
  Woo really needs update its web page with the new WA5/LE specs and prices.

New web site is on the horizon.  That's why we have not updated the current site.  
smily_headphones1.gif
   Here's a sneak peek. 

New to WA5-LE:
  1. High power 1/4” and 4-Pin XLR headphone outputs (up to 8watts)
  1. User selectable High Power or Low Power output to match a wide variety of headphone power demands

1. User selectable High or Low impedance to match headphone impedance
  1. User selectable High or Low output LEVEL to match headphone sensitivity
  1. XLR input x 1

I have been running my Abyss at about 25% volume. Most other amps, I need to to run it at 75-95%.

New WA5-LE is a significant upgrade from classic WA5-LE.  
L3000.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #34,519 of 42,298
  Thanks for the replies guys.

Think its looking more like the WA5LE. Here is my main question

For a speaker system, Which will produce a more tubey (& better) version of the sound? WA5 LE functioning as a preamp or a dedicated tube amp? After dropping ~5k USD, im wondering if I should save the money for a dedicated tube amp or continue to use WA5LE. In a way I am trying to make one thing do both and my logic is that WA5 as a premium head phone amp will also act as a premium tube preamp when used in a speaker system.

Not sure if the above logic holds up, as ultimately I may move into a speaker system once a few things work out, but at the moment use headphones heavily so wanted to view the Woo as an intermediate source that I don't mind spending big on if that means I can use it as a valuable component in a speaker system which competes with other mid-higher tier system.

I am thinking of using netural power amps like Bryston. 

Is this just a crazy thought? Am I asking too much off the Woo? Am i better to get an allright amp now and then get an actual hifi amp for hifi use?

Regards
Thunder

If Woo can customize a new WA5-LE with a pre-amp output this is what I would do:
Your digital source to your DAC to the WA5-LE acting as Preamp/headphones amp to the Bryston amps.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 12, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #34,521 of 42,298
  any one able to tell me how these are?
@Badas ?
Someone else

I've wanted a set of those. However when a set comes up for auction the freight has been more than the tubes. So it kills me getting a set. They are suppose to be great. Build quality looks fantastic. I think they were made by Bendix for Tung-Sol. The micra holders give it away.

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #34,523 of 42,298

I've wanted a set of those. However when a set comes up for auction the freight has been more than the tubes. So it kills me getting a set. They are suppose to be great. Build quality looks fantastic. I think they were made by Bendix for Tung-Sol. The micra holders give it away.

Thanks

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #34,524 of 42,298
I have 4 sets of the chathams and 4 sets of tung sol 6080's both are excellent among my favorites, just as good as the mullards imo. Give them a try..

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #34,526 of 42,298
  Greetings, new member and finally got all the pieces today and am starting the burn in, although I have to say it sounds pretty freak'n awesome already. 

Congrats. Fantastic looking rig.
gs1000.gif

Aug 12, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #34,527 of 42,298
  Greetings, new member and finally got all the pieces today and am starting the burn in, although I have to say it sounds pretty freak'n awesome already. 

great looking rig welcome 

Aug 12, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #34,528 of 42,298
Aug 12, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #34,529 of 42,298

WELCOME!  I think your going to enjoy that new WA22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back