Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Nov 14, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #31,532 of 42,298
  Okay, just got back from a long day flew down to Melbourne and picked up the 234's from George and the guys at Addicted to Audio, huge thanks to them they even arranged a driver to ferry us around.

Right onto the exciting stuff !!

Photos here, the 234 and their crates weighed 36 KG each, you can just imagine the queue at Melbourne airport on a Friday afternoon and us checking in with 2 huge crates, the check in guy nearly had sense of humour failure.

All was good and they finally let us board, amps are now warming up nicely. Fririce0003 is very kindly lending me his prized valves while he is away.

Gotta love that Head Fi spirit !! Thanks mate.

Okay photos:

Yes, a lovely presentation! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #31,533 of 42,298
Thank you to everyone that's commented.

Well its nice to finally be a member of the Woo owners club. Now I see what everyone has been getting excited about. 

At the moment I only have 2 US power cords so the 234's are running off the Shunyata Talos, with he DAC running off a Cardas clear beyond power cable into the wall. However I am think that maybe I am better off running the Woo's off the wall (albeit a Thor power board) and the DAC out of the power conditioner. 

I am also going to try some 6SN7 tube rolling today, although I don't have much in the way of matched pairs.

Changed from the Hi Plate - Z output to the Cathode Plate - Hi Z which doesn't sound as hot and is more delicate. The amount of power these amps have is ridiculous. 

Plate chart below kindly supplied to me:

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #31,534 of 42,298
Nice. I wouldn't have dared check those in, seeing how baggage handlers treat stuff and lose stuff. I would have shipped them through a traditional service, which you could at least get proper insurance for. But good to see it turned out alright.

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #31,535 of 42,298
Considered that however most of our heavy freight goes via road here and well lets put it this way our Pacific highway is currently being upgraded (over 5 years) because a lot of it is pot holed by huge road trains. Didn't think that was going to be a great ride for the Woo's.

Generally I find that when I take stuff onboard, it so far has lawyers arrived at the other end okay. That and because I just couldn't wait anyome.

It is a long weekend so what else's is a head-fier supposed to do...
L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #31,537 of 42,298
Nov 14, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #31,539 of 42,298
OK, so what makes the tube power supply better for the WA7?

Currently listening to the regular WA7 and enjoying the sound more this evening. Not sure if it's because I'm more relaxed or if it's because the power lines are quieter. Trying not to fall for the placebo, but something's noticeably different.

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #31,540 of 42,298
Okay, just got back from a long day flew down to Melbourne and picked up the 234's from George and the guys at Addicted to Audio, huge thanks to them they even arranged a driver to ferry us around.

Right onto the exciting stuff !!

Photos here, the 234 and their crates weighed 36 KG each, you can just imagine the queue at Melbourne airport on a Friday afternoon and us checking in with 2 huge crates, the check in guy nearly had sense of humour failure.

All was good and they finally let us board, amps are now warming up nicely. Fririce0003 is very kindly lending me his prized valves while he is away.

Gotta love that Head Fi spirit !! Thanks mate.

Okay photos:

I can safely say I have not ever seen a better headphone rig. This is the best ever. Especially with the lounger and river right next to it. Congrats.

Please update us with new pics. I for one will never get tiered at looking at them.

Can I ask for your permission to save the pictures and show a friend of mine in the USA? He would be so impressed.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #31,541 of 42,298
Thank you and no worries about the photos, I enjoy looking at other Head Fis systems. Nothing better than having a long listening session on a Saturday afternoon.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #31,542 of 42,298
I just ordered a pair of EML 300B meshes. (I emailed KR Audio a few days ago to give them a chance to respond to the accusations from their former dealer in Canada, but got no response, so I just decided to go with my original plan.) These and the SERPs should have me set for the next 5+ years at least.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #31,543 of 42,298
I just ordered a pair of EML 300B meshes. (I emailed KR Audio a few days ago to give them a chance to respond to the accusations from their former dealer in Canada, but got no response, so I just decided to go with my original plan.) These and the SERPs should have me set for the next 5+ years at least.

Great stuff, supposed to be great tubes. How many hours do 300B's last for ?

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #31,544 of 42,298
Nov 15, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #31,545 of 42,298
5000 hours is what I hear.

Wow, okay. I didn't realise that. I can't believe it I have come down with the worst flu, my ears are blocked & I can't hear a damn thing. Great timing. So I have been running my Amps 24/7with some pink noise to get some hours on them. Don't seem to be any issues so far and they are running cool to the touch.

Messed around with power yesterday and they sound better through the Shunyata.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back