Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Mar 18, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #29,611 of 42,298
  PM me for price

I have observed his purchase and forum participation since the beginning - well maintained and a reputable head-fier.

Calling SO, here is your last chance to get a backup of backup of backup...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I have 3 just hangin' out inside the home safe 
rolleyes.gif
... now considering their sell to purchase a NOS pair of Siemens F2a power output tubes for my Shindo kit. Of course, we're all smart here in this thread. I'd wait for Ultra to sell his first, as a courtesy first, strategy second. I must really like this hobby considering I already gifted 2 USAF Recs away! 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #29,614 of 42,298
I have a question about the power supply on the new WA6.
The specs say it has a Pseudo Dual Power Supply.
Is this a manufactuer which makes power supplies?
I'm asking because I was looking at an article in the New York Post and they used the word pseudo, so I right clicked on the word pseudo "look up pseudo", and the meaning it gave was, false/fake/not there/misleading… so I'm at a complete loss right now about this…can someone please explain?
Thank you.

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #29,615 of 42,298
It is not a manufacturer. It is a design type that uses separate capacitor banks for each channel, but run from the same transformer, not true two transformers but nearly as good...thus the pseudo dual name.

I have a question about the power supply on the new WA6.
The specs say it has a Pseudo Dual Power Supply.
Is this a manufactuer which makes power supplies?
I'm asking because I was looking at an article in the New York Post and they used the word pseudo, so I right clicked on the word pseudo "look up pseudo", and the meaning it gave was, false/fake/not there/misleading… so I'm at a complete loss right now about this…can someone please explain?
Thank you.

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #29,616 of 42,298
It is not a manufacturer. It is a design type that uses separate capacitor banks for each channel, but run from the same transformer, not true two transformers but nearly as good...thus the pseudo dual name.

Oh I see now, being they are not true dual transforms is actually one split into two channels? This is why they use the name pseudo?

Mar 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #29,617 of 42,298
Yes.
Oh I see now, being they are not true dual transforms is actually one split into two channels? This is why they use the name pseudo?

Mar 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #29,620 of 42,298
Mar 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #29,624 of 42,298
I still have a pair and 2 pair of the RK60's....I also have the 5U4G adapters for both....

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #29,625 of 42,298
How do the 596s compare with the U52? Is it clearly inferior or would it serve as an interesting upgrade or option? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back