Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #25,381 of 42,298
Question about power tubes...

Does anyone know if the WA2 will accept a 6336A tube?  Apparently it's a super heavy duty military version of the 6080/6AS7G.

May 9, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #25,382 of 42,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno 

You can take the HE500 back with you. Even the LCD-2 maybe. How does that sound :wink:
Most of my headphones are orthos or high impedance, like Beyer and Senn. Are you bored already of the DT770 AE? That one shouldn't pick up humming.

Originally Posted by magiccabbage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the nicest man in the world

Yes, I would agree. Ultrainferno is the nicest, the best-est and most generous-usususus in the world.

Thanks for the offer, but I think listening to them when I stay with you is sufficient enough to get me in trouble--again and in a good way. Also, I really don't trust the airlines anymore as far as packing valuables and taking them onboard with me (or even checking them in).

May 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #25,383 of 42,298
Quote:
^ Oh, boy. Oh, boy. Oh, boy!!!
You're my new, old best friend! :wink: ...

and I get to take how many back with me?

I'd like to say: All of the above. I just want to narrow down headphones that don't pick up some low-level hum, hiss, crackle and still let the music through.

I do remember listening to the HE-500 headphones and really liking them when @shipsupt came over to my place.

I'd suggest you stay away from the HD800's then. Every time I've had mine at a meet I've gotten comments about hearing ticks and pops on ripped vinyl files that other phones have masked out.

May 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #25,384 of 42,298
just got my brand new RFT EZ80s as spares! 

also i got to hear DutchGFX's HE-5LE  on my WA6-SE. while the 6EW7 definitely sucks with them, the 6FD7 sounds fantastic! highly recommended for anyone whos been considering a WA6-SE to drive them. drives them just as good as the HE-500.

May 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #25,385 of 42,298
Quote:

Yes, I'm really happy to get a "Glenn Stereo Integrated" as he calls it. But you have 3 gems already :wink:

Sometimes, waiting for new audio goodies isn't necessarily a bad thing. In my case, by waiting to see what Autumn will hold as promise, I get to deal with a newly rejuvenated and freshly
wink.gif
 inspired "2359glenn." 

Birds singing sweetly outside his window. Ducks quacking in the pond down the road and just beyond. I'll get to sit down and consult with the master one Saturday morning. By noon, I'll be headed back to the airport. Armed with one of the most wicked
evil_smiley.gif
and sinister 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 amp designs to emerge from the studio yet. 

Now... how long it takes to build will be entirely up to him. Testing alone could take a very long time... 
wink_face.gif

May 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #25,386 of 42,298
Quote:
just got my brand new RFT EZ80s as spares!

also i got to hear DutchGFX's HE-5LE  on my WA6-SE. while the 6EW7 definitely sucks with them, the 6FD7 sounds fantastic! highly recommended for anyone whos been considering a WA6-SE to drive them. drives them just as good as the HE-500.

Those are beautiful. I love the old graphics on the box.

May 9, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #25,387 of 42,298
Got my USAF-596 today and I'm listening to it going hmm...?  Maybe it's my equipment, my low end HD650.  I am saying right now it is very close to the Sophia. Bass seems to go a tad lower in certain songs, sound is very very clean though.  Feel like I am missing that slam everyone was talking about.  I'm using RCA 6SN7 with it.  My vintage Sylvania 6SN7 should be here tomorrow, looking forward to those.

I'll let everything break in for a couple days then post back.

May 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #25,388 of 42,298
I've found that sometimes a certain tube that everyone seems to love just isn't for me.  Don't force yourself to like something just because everyone else does :)

May 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #25,390 of 42,298
Quote:
Got my USAF-596 today and I'm listening to it going hmm...?  Maybe it's my equipment, my low end HD650.  I am saying right now it is very close to the Sophia. Bass seems to go a tad lower in certain songs, sound is very very clean though.  Feel like I am missing that slam everyone was talking about.  I'm using RCA 6SN7 with it.  My vintage Sylvania 6SN7 should be here tomorrow, looking forward to those.

I'll let everything break in for a couple days then post back.

You're fortunate in that, if not your tea, demand is strong. Investment recovery could be quick & dirty... Next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back