Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Feb 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #24,062 of 42,298
Quote:
Hmmm ....
No Wife.
Got Woo.
Happy Life, too.

Seems there is more than one way to make Woo-pi...
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #24,064 of 42,298
considering selling D7000s to buy HE-500s for my WA6-SE, what do you guys think, worth it or not? 

You can always get the 500s, but the D7K is approaching collectable status at this point. I would keep the Denons and wait to try the HiFiMANS.

I know you asked this a while ago but I am still infatuated with the D7000, they're all I have listened to lately :D

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #24,066 of 42,298
Quote:
We got ur back 
smiley_thumb.gif
 grokit!

Quote:
You can always get the 500s, but the D7K is approaching collectable status at this point. I would keep the Denons and wait to try the HiFiMANS.

I know you asked this a while ago but I am still infatuated with the D7000, they're all I have listened to lately
biggrin.gif

^ thanks guys. 

its always the love/hate relationship with the denons that makes it complicated, sometimes i just love their bass and overall presentation, and sometimes, i feel like they're lacking when compared to T1 and LCD-2. 

ill keep them for now though

beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #24,069 of 42,298
Quote:

^ thanks guys. 

its always the love/hate relationship with the denons that makes it complicated, sometimes i just love their bass and overall presentation, and sometimes, i feel like they're lacking when compared to T1 and LCD-2. 

ill keep them for now though

beerchug.gif

Send it my way, I want to buy D7000 again... 

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #24,071 of 42,298
Is it true that now that the pseudo dual power supply upgrade is standard on the WA6 that it is fairly close to the performance of the WA6SE? If so (or if not), how close are they in performance? I'm short on desk space and would really like the smaller form factor of the WA6 but I don't want to end up regretting not getting the better performing model.

Thanks

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #24,072 of 42,298
Quote:
Is it true that now that the pseudo dual power supply upgrade is standard on the WA6 that it is fairly close to the performance of the WA6SE? If so (or if not), how close are they in performance? I'm short on desk space and would really like the smaller form factor of the WA6 but I don't want to end up regretting not getting the better performing model.

Thanks

As a former owner of a Black WooAudio WA 6 Special Edition, this is something I wrestled with while trying to save up for the WA6. After saving up for a few months and reaching my goal, I wisely decided to save a few more months and get a little bit more than I thought I needed. 
wink_face.gif
 I knew I would have wanted the Special Edition even before the WA6 hit the porch!

If you're short on space, have you considered the WA7?

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #24,074 of 42,298
I noticed you didn't offer an example of a solid state model, so it depends. That said, I listened to the LCD-2 for over a month using my WooAudio WA 6 Special Edition and a 1977 Pioneer SX-650 stereo receiver. I found this run to be recording, genre and mood dependent - shining on one amp on a given night and less than on another.

I now have two more (different) amps and would love to run a loaner pair through its paces...
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back