Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Oct 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #23,026 of 42,298
I thought I saw a Prima Luna in the remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last summer.

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #23,027 of 42,298
Quote:

To be honest, most of my tubes came from ebay, but some came from vacuumtubes.net

For the rectifier, perhaps you can start off with the Mullard CV378, which is $120 at Well Audio at Burlington Square. If the U52 is electrically equivalent to the 5U4G, then the normal Tung Sol or RCA 5U4Gs can be a good starting alternative.

If CV378 cost you $120. I am sure I will take GZ34 or EML 5u4g anytime depends on your sonic taste.

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #23,028 of 42,298
Quote:
Good catch! I had previously pushed for product placement of WooAudio amps in film/tv. Originally, I felt Will Gardner of "The Good Wife" would have been perfect. By the way, which model was it?

I can't be sure until I double check, but I would guess it was the WES.
I'll edit in once i've double checked.

Edit-- I did my homework and checked the episode over and although it may look like a WES, upon closer inspection I cannot see the stax connections. Also, looking through Woo audio's lineup again I noticed that (unfortunately) none of the headphone tube amps matches the description: Two silver knobs, single headphone jack in the center, and four identically sized tubes across the top.

Long story short, looks like my first foray into sharp-eyed amp identifier was a failure. :frowning2:

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #23,029 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
Good catch! I had previously pushed for product placement of WooAudio amps in film/tv. Originally, I felt Will Gardner of "The Good Wife" would have been perfect. By the way, which model was it?

I can't be sure until I double check, but I would guess it was the WES.
I'll edit in once i've double checked.

Edit-- I did my homework and checked the episode over and although it may look like a WES, upon closer inspection I cannot see the stax connections. Also, looking through Woo audio's lineup again I noticed that (unfortunately) none of the headphone tube amps matches the description: Two silver knobs, single headphone jack in the center, and four identically sized tubes across the top.

Long story short, looks like my first foray into sharp-eyed amp identifier was a failure. :frowning2:

If you have the ability to grab a frame (screen capture), this thread will figure it out...
wink_face.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #23,031 of 42,298
Quote:
Slightly off-topic, but I can't resist mentioning that I spotted a Woo Audio tube amp in the background of Harvey's office in episode 1 of Suits.
I was proud of that catch, and wanted to share with fellow Woo Audio owners and fans.

Although not plugged into a Woo there are loads of  tubes used as props in and out of radio kit in the 1st season of Falling Skies :)

Oct 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #23,032 of 42,298
Quote:
Clayton,

Have you tried Zombie Dust IPA yet?  Ooooooooooooooooooooooo..................Beer.................

I have not. But I have switched from tube rolling to beer (barrel) rolling. :wink: I also like St. Bernardus Wit. I visited the tavern a few days after I handed the WA2 to Ultrainferno and grabbed a St. Bernardus Wit at the suggestion of the Beer-tender.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #23,033 of 42,298
This forum has more great looking glass in it...
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #23,034 of 42,298
I burned in my 596's for ~60 hours and rolled in some different driver tubes and WOW!!!!!!  My sound has never been better.

Oct 6, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #23,035 of 42,298
Quote:
I burned in my 596's for ~60 hours and rolled in some different driver tubes and WOW!!!!!!  My sound has never been better.

Are those the 596 you got from me? You've been patient!
I still have two 596 tubes here, seeing Keph disappeared. Also thinking of selling 6 of my stock of NOS 2399 tubes...

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #23,036 of 42,298
Yes, Ultrainferno.  They are the tubes I got from you.  I finally received my adapters this week.  I cannot believe how well they work in my Decware rig.  Thank you!

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #23,038 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Are those the 596 you got from me? You've been patient!
I still have two 596 tubes here, seeing Keph disappeared. Also thinking of selling 6 of my stock of NOS 2399 tubes...

(Silent One picks up tea tin marked "Audio." Holds it upside down...discovers 
mad.gif
 it's empty.)

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #23,039 of 42,298
Quote:

I have not. But I have switched from tube rolling to beer (barrel) rolling. :wink: I also like St. Bernardus Wit. I visited the tavern a few days after I handed the WA2 to Ultrainferno and grabbed a St. Bernardus Wit at the suggestion of the Beer-tender.

nice 
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #23,040 of 42,298
Quote:
Yes, Ultrainferno.  They are the tubes I got from you.  I finally received my adapters this week.  I cannot believe how well they work in my Decware rig.  Thank you!

What Decware are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back