Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #22,756 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Let's see what the months of September/October hold as promise. Would love to have something audio related to start the first day of autumn...

I even hand carry it to you if keph can meet me at Shanghai in couple weeks.

Thanks for the fine gesture. First, keph will need to determine if my RCA cables will not rob me of highs; mids. All this talk of travel around China makes me wanna resume my Mandarin studies. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #22,757 of 42,298
Quote:

Thanks for the fine gesture. First, keph will need to determine if my RCA cables will not rob me of highs; mids. All this talk of travel around China makes me wanna resume my Mandarin studies. 
biggrin.gif

Mandarin does not do you any good in Shanghai, they have their own dialog that is very different from Mandarin.  

Aug 22, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #22,758 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Mandarin does not do you any good in Shanghai, they have their own dialog that is very different from Mandarin.  

Yes, my teacher is from Shanghai and she described the dialect as "Shanghai-nese." Also, I gotta start somewhere and once I have a foundation, Cantonese and regional dialects will come. And afford me an expanded horizon.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #22,763 of 42,298
Quote:
Its been seven days since I replied to the Woo Audio  email and still no reply..

I though maybe he was busy and I would give them time..
He said he would fix the amp and pay shipping and all I asked for was a new jack and $30 and he said he wants to fix it as he feels the new jack will not cure the issue of the plug getting stuck..

I am tired of going back and forth trying to understand what they are talking about so in last email I said
FINE, I will do as you wish return the amp to you for repair..

Still waiting for Fedex Call Tag..

AMPs Good
Service Nightmare

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with your assessment. Streamlining or the elimination of menu options can help many businesses from food to electronics. WooAudio could could still offer standardized custom options based on popularity. Take Pre-Outs for example - WooAudio could prefab the housing on a few pieces, then when amps are returned for the electronic wizardry, voila! Because even if SeeHear's amp was in good working order post mod, it is still aesthetically challenged - cutout and placement does not match original craftsmanship.

I think the community would feel much better if this were resolved with a positive outcome. I remain standing in solidarity with my Woo mate!
popcorn.gif

SO, thanks for your support
beerchug.gif

I have to say, I agree too.  Given all the problems I have experienced, I should have left it stock and avoided all the inconvenience and ill will.  It does sound good and seems to work just fine now that it is, essentially, a stock unit.

Still no response from Jack as of 8/15/12 at 7:30 AM.

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your issues SeeHear.

Woo installed a preamp right and left RCA out set on the back of my Woo 5LE during construction process a few years ago. It works fine. The end of this is that they may be better off and start making the amps ( like many manufactures do) one way only and not doing any custom work. I may have tried to reach the company during quieter times a year or two ago, but Jack always responded the next day with the e-mails.

I agree with your assessment. Streamlining or the elimination of menu options can help many businesses from food to electronics. WooAudio could could still offer standardized custom options based on popularity. Take Pre-Outs for example - WooAudio could prefab the housing on a few pieces, then when amps are returned for the electronic wizardry, voila! Because even if SeeHear's amp was in good working order post mod, it is still aesthetically challenged - cutout and placement does not match original craftsmanship.

I think the community would feel much better if this were resolved with a positive outcome. I remain standing in solidarity with my Woo mate!
popcorn.gif

Silent One, once again your optimism has been rewarded.  I will get the best of both worlds: A stock amp with a switch and an add-on second pre-out!
I heard from Jack: They are now manufacturing the WA2 with the switched pre-out standard!  He has offered to swap mine for a new one - with the second pre-out added!
Woo Hoo!
Yes, pun intended ;^)

Rocknrolldoctor, have you heard from Jack, too?

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #22,764 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
Its been seven days since I replied to the Woo Audio  email and still no reply..

I though maybe he was busy and I would give them time..
He said he would fix the amp and pay shipping and all I asked for was a new jack and $30 and he said he wants to fix it as he feels the new jack will not cure the issue of the plug getting stuck..

I am tired of going back and forth trying to understand what they are talking about so in last email I said
FINE, I will do as you wish return the amp to you for repair..

Still waiting for Fedex Call Tag..

AMPs Good
Service Nightmare

Quote:
Quote:

popcorn.gif

SO, thanks for your support
beerchug.gif

I have to say, I agree too.  Given all the problems I have experienced, I should have left it stock and avoided all the inconvenience and ill will.  It does sound good and seems to work just fine now that it is, essentially, a stock unit.

Still no response from Jack as of 8/15/12 at 7:30 AM.

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your issues SeeHear.

Woo installed a preamp right and left RCA out set on the back of my Woo 5LE during construction process a few years ago. It works fine. The end of this is that they may be better off and start making the amps ( like many manufactures do) one way only and not doing any custom work. I may have tried to reach the company during quieter times a year or two ago, but Jack always responded the next day with the e-mails.

popcorn.gif

Silent One, once again your optimism has been rewarded.  I will get the best of both worlds: A stock amp with a switch and an add-on second pre-out!
I heard from Jack: They are now manufacturing the WA2 with the switched pre-out standard!  He has offered to swap mine for a new one - with the second pre-out added!
Woo Hoo!
Yes, pun intended ;^)

Rocknrolldoctor, have you heard from Jack, too?

beerchug.gif
Left channel 
beerchug.gif
Right channel

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #22,765 of 42,298
To: Jack Wu | WooAudio

Thanks for giving valued members another opportunity to believe in you.
beerchug.gif

Kindly written,

A Woozie for life!

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #22,767 of 42,298
Sometimes we have to remember that these are smaller companies. The good part is that they do listen and care about our concerns. Hats off to everyone for staying calm and acting like adults and professionals. This is one reason I appreciate Head-fi! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back