Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Aug 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #22,591 of 42,298
Quote:
How to bag a WA2.

I will be on a flight to Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon to deliver Ultrainferno my portable amp system with no power source and no tubes.

Security: What's in the backpack?
Me: What backpack?

Did you go to the gym to prepare for this?? 
beerchug.gif

any chances that you will be heading to China 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #22,592 of 42,298
L.
I made it past security. They did however pull me aside to have me open my backpack and do a pad swipe to test for explosives. The guard asked me what it was and I said a stereo. She asked me what kind of stereo. I said it was just for headphones. She said that all she buys are earbuds. I said some guys buy expensive cars, I buy expensive headphones. She said that she buys expensive shoes. There you go!
:p
-C

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #22,593 of 42,298
Quote:
L.
I made it past security. They did however pull me aside to have me open my backpack and do a pad swipe to test for explosives. The guard asked me what it was and I said a stereo. She asked me what kind of stereo. I said it was just for headphones. She said that all she buys are earbuds. I said some guys buy expensive cars, I buy expensive headphones. She said that she buys expensive shoes. There you go!
tongue.gif

-C

biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #22,595 of 42,298
Sensible woman!

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #22,596 of 42,298
just the other day, my sophia tube on my WA6-SE had sparks coming from the 2 wires inside the mesh plate (happens near the bottom of the plate), it only happened once when music played (sparked a bit and then kept playing music like normal), and now it sometimes happens when it turns on. also the sophia runs a little hotter than usual.

it still sounds the same and everything, but it never happened before and i'm a little worried, is it normal for tubes to do this or is my tube/amp dying on me ? 

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #22,597 of 42,298
Sorry to hear about your new found experience with Miss Sophia (potentially). I'd rather learn it was the tube misbehaving than your amp.

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #22,600 of 42,298
Quote:
I am ALIVE !!!

First let me apologize for everyone who was looking for me and waited for the 596's adapters and Umbilical Cable. I went for a trip with my Dad to a place where people don't even know what a computer is, But i am back now to provide you all with the converters and Umbilical Cable. 

For now i'm in Singapore now for a few days and will be going back to Indonesia, Jakarta for 1-2 weeks and then back to Beijing at last.

So if anyone is still interested in the 596's Converter and the WOO Umbilical cable will have to wait 2 weeks time till i get back to Beijing.

Please send me a new PM about the 596's converter and the Umbilical cable. I am assuming that Setamp will still be able to provide the US distribution of the converters to reduce the shipping cost.

Thanks,
beerchug.gif

smiley_thumb.gif
 To a valued member, welcome back!

Aug 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #22,603 of 42,298
yeah it just happened once while music was playing but then it stopped.

it doesn't happen all the time only on start up a little bit and that one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back