Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #22,441 of 42,298
Quote:

Hope I didn't mislead anyone, as I thought they might release the hounds (cats?) after midnight. But since I knew I'd be up ALL night anyway...downloading ML right now @ 0600 hours. Started downloading @ 0545 hrs but the demand out there is holding up the party! 
ksc75smile.gif

This could take awhile. Breakfast anyone?

Let me know how it goes, I usually stay away from new release for few days, not fighting for the download traffic.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #22,442 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

Hope I didn't mislead anyone, as I thought they might release the hounds (cats?) after midnight. But since I knew I'd be up ALL night anyway...downloading ML right now @ 0600 hours. Started downloading @ 0545 hrs but the demand out there is holding up the party! 
ksc75smile.gif

Update: One hour out of the gate, not bad. Kitty is already on the couch sipping on some chocolate milk. 
font]
 When I awake at lunch time, audio will be the first thing I check!

Let me know how it goes, I usually stay away from new release for few days, not fighting for the download traffic.

Traffic - started at 0545 and completed descending the Apple tree at 0645...now installing.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #22,443 of 42,298
Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

Wake up, Woozy heads!

Silent One: Mislead, never! Well-informed, always. Thanks for the early-morning heads-up and an early start on breakfast.

For those of you, myself included, who need to install Mt. Lion on multiple Macs, this is a good read while waiting, waiting, waiting...
tongue_smile.gif

Install Mountain Lion on Multiple Macs

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #22,445 of 42,298
Quote:

Wake up, Woozy heads!

Silent One: Mislead, never! Well-informed, always. Thanks for the early-morning heads-up and an early start on breakfast.

For those of you, myself included, who need to install Mt. Lion on multiple Macs, this is a good read while waiting, waiting, waiting...
tongue_smile.gif

Install Mountain Lion on Multiple Macs

Thanks for the head's up Clayton...

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #22,447 of 42,298
It's a wrap! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks Clayton SF; jc9394 for keeping me company (alert), as I was just starting to get sleepy. And then my install completed, 
tongue_smile.gif
 we're wide awake now and reaching for Abraham Laboriel, Sr. on the Pioneer SX-D7000 & HE-6.

May borrow a WA6SE for further testing in August...

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #22,448 of 42,298
Quote:
It's a wrap! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks Clayton SF; jc9394 for keeping me company (alert), as I was just starting to get sleepy. And then my install completed, 
tongue_smile.gif
 we're wide awake now and reaching for Abraham Laboriel, Sr. on the Pioneer SX-D7000 & HE-6.

Wow, I need to give you a visit soon. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #22,449 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
It's a wrap! 
beerchug.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Wow, I need to give you a visit soon. 

I forgot the actual date but I believe if your Mac was got in June, then you'll receive a free copy. The HiFiMan's are on loan, we ain't got that kind a dough. 
blink.gif
 My second audition with them in fact, since winter.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #22,450 of 42,298
Quote:
Good to see the thread back on-line. 
smily_headphones1.gif

My Woo WA5 is currently with my dealer for upgrades - based on others success here I'm going to try the Mundorf Silver in Oil as coupling caps in place of the V-caps and Audionote resistors. Also been having some microphony problems, so Im hoping we can identify and fix those also!

Alas this means no Woo for over a month :frowning2: not sure how i'll cope!

The cure for Micro-phonic artifacts associated with 300b tubes and speakers is to in-case your amp in a small glass and aluminum box with all wires running out of small holes in the back. You can sound-proof the inside of the box too with sound dispersing foam. Next you have to cope with the heat dissipating issues accounted from having your amp in a box. If you do enough research you'll find out who is doing it right.

Many towns have aluminum builders who make display cases for jewelry. Give them the dimensions, they can make one even with small twin doors in the front. Keeps dust off too.  

Some manufactures actually build their amps in boxes for this reason.

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #22,451 of 42,298
Jul 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #22,452 of 42,298
Quote:

I forgot the actual date but I believe if your Mac was got in June, then you'll receive a free copy. The HiFiMan's are on loan, we ain't got that kind a dough. 
blink.gif

Got the link to the free ML upgrade.  You must have good friends...

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #22,453 of 42,298
Jul 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #22,454 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:
ValentinHogea posted this last hour in the 6AS7 tube rollers thread:

Matched pair WE 421A's
Tung Sol/Chatham 5998's
Bendix 6080's
Sylvania 7236's
GEC 6AS7G (several matched brown bases)

and more...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/retailtechforless/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2654&_clu=2&_fcid=192&_localstpos&_stpos&gbr=1

popcorn.gif

The GEC 6AS7G's are very reasonable priced. 

Quick...somebody wake up Dubstep Girl!

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #22,455 of 42,298
Quote:
Quote:

blink.gif

Got the link to the free ML upgrade.  You must have good friends...

Good friends? That by itself wasn't enough to get 'em out the door. I say "Look, jc9394 and I, man we like brothers." 
biggrin.gif
 "Well then, keep 'em for a month if needed. And make sure you post."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back