Which of these headphones are best?
Jul 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

milk

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to all music pretty much so I definitely need highs mids and lows I all be good but the ratio of why I listen to aims towards the most bass so out of these headphones which has the most bass? I just really want nice bass so if anyone has other suggestions that's helpful too but what I have is jut a few I had in mind and if my list does contain great ones then help me choose please if one has the most bass but terrible mids and highs the second most can help and again all suggestions welcome but I just need the ones with the most bass with good clarity in mids and highs but top notch bass. Also my budget is kin of flexible but nothing really expensive but i will buy them uses on eBay so even semi expensive ones can turn out to be only like $200 or something. But anyways My list is as follows:

Ultrasone 580
Ultrasone 78
Ultrasone 750
Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 ohms
M audio q40
Audio technica pro700mk2
Audio technica ath 50m
Beyerdynamic dt 990 250 ohms

Also I'm open to all nice amp recommendations and I'll buy them used to but y amp budget is $50 but it's also helpful to name some amps to go with these and such and all suggestions for headphones welcome by these will be used on an iPhone do I want a portable amp, last thing is I've owned Bose, beats by dre, skullcandy and for what they are they sound nice but I bet these are so much better but none of those for recommendations please or Sony xbs, thanks very one in advance!!!!

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 6
I think in the process of elimination 

Denon D2000 must be mentioned here

AKG Q701 with an map 

As you have lined up, Ultrasones are pretty good for your requirements...

too :)

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
I think in the process of elimination 

Denon D2000 must be mentioned here

AKG Q701 with an map 

As you have lined up, Ultrasones are pretty good for your requirements...

too :)

Second the Denons, they dont need an amp, but could use a good DAC. Save up and get something like the Yulong D100 or the ODAC+O2 combo for them. 

For now just use them as is, they are good out the box. 

Definitely not the Q701, not enough bass.

Denons are known for having good bass and not sacrificing on the rest of the spectrum, but do note they are NOT bass cannons, just somewhat heavy/emphasized when its needed in the song, particularly in electronica.

There is a reason they were recommended so often. They are really good. Not portable, and they leak sound, but isolate quite well, very comfortable. 

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I listen to all music pretty much so I definitely need highs mids and lows I all be good but the ratio of why I listen to aims towards the most bass so out of these headphones which has the most bass? I just really want nice bass so if anyone has other suggestions that's helpful too but what I have is jut a few I had in mind and if my list does contain great ones then help me choose please if one has the most bass but terrible mids and highs the second most can help and again all suggestions welcome but I just need the ones with the most bass with good clarity in mids and highs but top notch bass. Also my budget is kin of flexible but nothing really expensive but i will buy them uses on eBay so even semi expensive ones can turn out to be only like $200 or something. But anyways My list is as follows:
Ultrasone 580
Ultrasone 78
Ultrasone 750
Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 ohms
M audio q40
Audio technica pro700mk2
Audio technica ath 50m
Beyerdynamic dt 990 250 ohms
Also I'm open to all nice amp recommendations and I'll buy them used to but y amp budget is $50 but it's also helpful to name some amps to go with these and such and all suggestions for headphones welcome by these will be used on an iPhone do I want a portable amp, last thing is I've owned Bose, beats by dre, skullcandy and for what they are they sound nice but I bet these are so much better but none of those for recommendations please or Sony xbs, thanks very one in advance!!!!

Many of these have such different signatures.  I would suggest waiting for the V-Moda M-100 if you can.  Also, Denon is coming out with an AH-D400 at the end of the month that may be of interest.  The Polk 8000 supposedly has a nice sound with powerful bass, but they don't work when the battery dies.  However, all of these are in the $300 to $400 range.

Most of the headphones on your list are bright with a V curve.  The PRO700MK2 is fairly dark, but IMO has the best bass of any on the list.  The most neutral might be the M-Audio Q40.  Most of these will benefit from an amp, especially the two I mentioned and the Beyers.  For me, the amp at least is a no-brainer- FiiO E11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back