which cans are not made in china?
Oct 8, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #76 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Equation are made in US?

I believe I had read somewhere on the Equation web-site, or in one of their links; that their phones are designed and developed in the US and manufactured in China.

Oct 19, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"in profits we trust"
blink.gif

"unreasonable profits" may be subjective, but I do not see where it has much to do with theology

These days it is increasingly difficult to buy much of anything not made (at least partially) in China.
Particularly since this information is not always indicated on the label or packaging.

Theological as in eternal vaporware.

Oct 19, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #78 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I don't really agree with that picture. Although I live in the US, all my relatives are back in China, and in all the trips I took back there I never saw something like that before.

Imagine someone coming to the US, stays solely in the ghettos, then goes back and tells everyone about it. That's pretty much what Americans do with China.

They stay in the ghettos?
eek.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #79 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Alessandro, BeyerDynamic, Equation, Shure, Westone, Ultrasone.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong with any of those...

As I know, Shure has factories in China. Maybe Suzou?

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #80 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranma13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I don't really agree with that picture. Although I live in the US, all my relatives are back in China, and in all the trips I took back there I never saw something like that before.

Imagine someone coming to the US, stays solely in the ghettos, then goes back and tells everyone about it. That's pretty much what Americans do with China.

dude, chill out. the sensitivity is not warranted here. First of all this picture is NOT taken by an American. I saw this pic on a Chinese website so mostly likely it was taken by Chinese. Secondly, there is NO discrimanition anywhere I can sense here, this is just light hearted humor.

BTW, I am from China as well.

Oct 21, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #81 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by ast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, chill out. the sensitivity is not warranted here. First of all this picture is NOT taken by an American. I saw this pic on a Chinese website so mostly likely it was taken by Chinese. Secondly, there is NO discrimanition anywhere I can sense here, this is just light hearted humor.

BTW, I am from China as well.

But it seems that the pic is not original, maybe PS. In China, "farmer workers" may not have such a beautiful motorbike and the motorbike looks brand new, so it does not match the workers.

BTW, the pic is so funny.

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #82 of 98
I've been reading motorcycle magazines off and on since the mid 1950s and there have been a number of similar types of photos published over the years of entire families swarmed all over the bikes from various countries all over the world.

One in particular from the former Soviet Union was of an entire family riding with a young one sitting on the front fender facing backward holding onto the headlight.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #83 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tornado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it seems that the pic is not original, maybe PS. In China, "farmer workers" may not have such a beautiful motorbike and the motorbike looks brand new, so it does not match the workers.

BTW, the pic is so funny.

I take the guy on the cell phone is the foreman of some constructino site, riding along are guys work for him. Not sure it's a PS though, I can see such things happen in some remote areas of China.

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #86 of 98
I was going to get Denon AH-D7000 and noticed "Made in China", so now I am hesitating.
I know HifiMan cans are good but I can't trust outsourced products.

This is just me, I can be wrong. :)

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #87 of 98
have you checked everything you own most everything is made in China. The Denon products I have owned have all been trouble free.  Denon are great headphones and I have owned 2 D7000 and D 1000 and never any issues with either one.

Jun 23, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #88 of 98

Quote:
I was going to get Denon AH-D7000 and noticed "Made in China", so now I am hesitating.
I know HifiMan cans are good but I can't trust outsourced products.

This is just me, I can be wrong. :)

Denon is a mixed bag. I had two D2000s, zero issues. Two D7000s, one was fine and the other had it's left cup fall off within 10 minutes of use. Pretty much gotta take a leap of faith. 

Hifiman is fine, although I've heard some bad things about the pads. Haven't had issues with my HE500. 

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #89 of 98

Quote:
The working conditions of many Chinese factories have already improved. I spent two months last year living in a speaker factory in mainland china. While I was there, they were installing air conditioning on the production floors. All of the workers also received a raise during that time. Everyone was working hard, and for longer hours than in the USA but there were breaks and relaxation time with movies, basketball, etc.

The amount of Chinese production has created a labor shortage and factories are improving their living and working conditions to convince employees to stay.

Also all of my ATs are from japan. My Denon AH-D550 is from Japan. My ER4-P is made in USA (or so it says). Alot of really cheap Sony earbuds come from Malaysia, Thailand or Philippines.

Off topic perhaps, but this sticks out to me because it wasn't THAT long ago that the United States used children, the elderly, etc. and had HORRIBLE working conditions in steel factories and other unsafe work environments until things changed and improved.  It's good to hear that China, while slowly, is changing its approach to labor as well.  Of course, with better work condition and benefits, comes higher cost and therefore higher prices.  You can't have both it seems.  

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #90 of 98
If you notice, that post you responded to was written about 4 years ago. At that time, there was a labor shortage and some Chinese workers were beginning to see wage increases and better working conditions. 

Of course, manufacturers can't be putting up with that so, since that time, there has been an exodus inland, into more rural areas where labor is still poor and desperate.

Despite the sanitization of labor history from the textbooks some 30 years ago, wages and working standards improved in the U.S. because of our political system and millions of people who risked their lives over a period of decades to demand it, not some natural market driven evolution.  China doesn't have that system.  The Chinese can't strike for better conditions or vote for political representation friendly to wage and worker safety legislation.

China will not be changing it's approach any time soon.  Even If they had such temerity, the manufacturers would run off to Indonesia, Malaysia and other backwater countries in search of cheaper labor and more lax regulations.

It's a race to the bottom.  You can expect Africa to be the next manufacturing capital if they can ever get a good, strong, stable dictatorship going.  Corporations much prefer dictatorships, but they do have to be strong enough so as to not be vulnerable to freedom fighters or revolutionaries that might expropriate the corporations assets.

As CEO of GE, Jack Welch once put it, (to paraphrase):  "In a perfect world, a corporations manufacturing facilities would be based on a barge.  It would roam the earth in a constant quest for the cheapest labor and the fewest regulations."

With better wages and work conditions comes higher prices.  To avoid that and keep market share, corporations will weigh anchor on their barge and move out of China, just like they moved from The Northeast, to the Midwest, to the South, To Mexico, To Asia..........  After Africa, where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back