Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried?
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #436 of 484
  Really? 4 bass drivers Sony, I didn't know its existence 
tongue.gif
 I knew about the hybrids though

I noticed that with the ATH-IM04, it almost sounds like listening music in a car lol...

The XBA-40 was discontinued long before the hybrids were released. I think Sony engineers learned the BA woofer does not perform as good as the dynamics. In another word, the Sony's still retains metallic or artificial notes when played loud.

What do you mean by "Listening music in a car"? I could think of being congested, intimate, veiled, thick sounding...

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #437 of 484

The XBA-40 was discontinued long before the hybrids were released. I think Sony engineers learned the BA woofer does not perform as good as the dynamics. In another word, the Sony's still retains metallic or artificial notes when played loud.

What do you mean by "Listening music in a car"? I could think of being congested, intimate, veiled, thick sounding...

Yes, the XBA-40 was very high sounding compared.

Listening in a car, I meant; It's about the resonance. It's very reminiscent of listening to the radio or music in a car, enclosure type-wise, speaker size, sound field and and yes, intimacy, veil, thickness!

Honestly the ATH-IM04 is my darkest fullest sounding earphone... I don't know if there's better at this!

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #438 of 484
Denon AH-C400, dual balanced armature.

Apr 15, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #439 of 484
Apr 16, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #442 of 484
Final Audio Design - Heaven II for me, cant afford higher end yet.

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #445 of 484

google empire ears zeus. Those are 14 drovers per side. $2000.

We get a lot of flack on here for the number of drivers being used in Zeus so I encourage folks to give it a listen before judging it. We also have several other capable in-ear models with far less drivers but that's all besides the point. Different signatures for different preferences. Zeus isn't for everyone but we did what was necessary to achieve the desired end result. Happy listening!

Apr 18, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #446 of 484
  i said the same thing :) def underrated.

Cool. Yes, the Denon AHC-400 are great sounding, true audiophile IEMs. Amazingly flat but detailed throughout the spectrum. I find that balanced armatures are often tuned too brightly on the high end. These are not. They are perfect in the mids and highs, when you have a good seal.

Apr 19, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #449 of 484

We get a lot of flack on here for the number of drivers being used in Zeus so I encourage folks to give it a listen before judging it. We also have several other capable in-ear models with far less drivers but that's all besides the point. Different signatures for different preferences. Zeus isn't for everyone but we did what was necessary to achieve the desired end result. Happy listening!
zeus is the most coherent multiple drivers iem. Before there was zeus, there are no >4 drivers iems that impress me but Zeus did. Marvellous job by the team at Empire Ears

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #450 of 484
My fav's: Shure E500, Westone UM2, UM Melody 
All 3 were fairly balanced with the E500 a little bass heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back