Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
Mar 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #121 of 270

Quote:
Oh man, to say I am eagerly awaiting the GR08 is such an understatement that it should be criminal. I was a bit disheartened when someone had mention them probably being around 400 (I don't exactly recall if it was a bit over or a bit under). I hope they are off the mark by about a hindered bucks lol.

I'm with you. I'm not dying for an upgrade but I'd give them my money, and much less hesitantly at around the 3 hundo' mark.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #122 of 270

Oh man, to say I am eagerly awaiting the GR08 is such an understatement that it should be criminal. I was a bit disheartened when someone had mention them probably being around 400 (I don't exactly recall if it was a bit over or a bit under). I hope they are off the mark by about a hindered bucks lol.

Well, if it sounds anything like the K3003 owners say the K3003 sounds, then it will be the value of the year.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #123 of 270

See, I was thinking that, but I was afraid that if I typed it, I might fool my mind into thinking it's okay to spend over $400 on something that isn't a custom.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #124 of 270

Quote:
See, I was thinking that, but I was afraid that if I typed it, I might fool my mind into thinking it's okay to spend over $400 on something that isn't a custom.

Hey, as long as it sounds better than every iem below it's price.

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #125 of 270
What to hey, Life is short.. I'm not a huge vocal fan (obviously I love killer vocals) as I really am liking a lot of instrumental stuff especially lately. But...................These are the absolute "TOPS" for acoustic piano. I love my Ortofon EQ-5 considerably Better, but not for Piano

Mar 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #126 of 270
Quote:
Hey, as long as it sounds better than every iem below it's price.

Very good point.

Quote:
What to hey, Life is short.. I'm not a huge vocal fan (obviously I love killer vocals) as I really am liking a lot of instrumental stuff especially lately. But...................These are the absolute "TOPS" for acoustic piano. I love my Ortofon EQ-5 considerably Better, but not for Piano

Ooooo post some tracks or some track names? Very interested to hear this because, while not acoustic piano, I thought the pianos sounded a bit better on the ASG-1 due to a slightly weighter note.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #127 of 270

Quote:

Ooooo post some tracks or some track names? Very interested to hear this because, while not acoustic piano, I thought the pianos sounded a bit better on the ASG-1 due to a slightly weighter note.

Check this out: http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/7041888513520_01_13_96kHz.flac

Warning: it's a 74mb FLAC file, but it's the best I've heard the GR07 sound. The username for the download is "HD", and the password is "2L"

Mar 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #128 of 270
eek.gif
DOWNLOADING
Cant wait to hear this.

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #130 of 270

Quote:
Have you listened to it yet, vwinter? How do you find the vocals?

There is just sooooo much variety there. I'm struggling to find the words to describe what I'm hearing. What an amazing test track. I can't wait to listen to this at night when there is less ambient noise.

Oh the vocals are amazing: smooth, subtle, but powerful and have an edge when called for, with a ton of texture and detail ( I love hearing her breath as she changes notes and I could have sworn I heard her tongue hit the roof of her mouth somewhere in the last third of the song). Same goes for the rest of the instruments: great texture, detail, weight and presence across the range. It all just sounds.... alive.

Mar 17, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #131 of 270

Quote:
There is just sooooo much variety there. I'm struggling to find the words to describe what I'm hearing. What an amazing test track. I can't wait to listen to this at night when there is less ambient noise.

Oh the vocals are amazing: smooth, subtle, but powerful and have an edge when called for, with a ton of texture and detail ( I love hearing her breath as she changes notes and I could have sworn I heard her tongue hit the roof of her mouth somewhere in the last third of the song). Same goes for the rest of the instruments: great texture, detail, weight and presence across the range. It all just sounds.... alive.

I'm glad you like it. The site has a bunch of other hi-res tracks. The link is: http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Mar 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #132 of 270
I opened that link and got the kid in a candy store feeling.
ksc75smile.gif
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back