Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #258 of 270
That depends on which sound signature you prefer. If you like neutral iems the GR07 is a good option with great bass and mids but a sibilant/peaky treble. The KC06 is a well built and great sounding iem with a slightly cold and bright signature. The Tenore is excellent tonally but the numerous qc issues make it a bad choice imo. I haven't listened to the Re400 yet but it's also another respectable neutral iem in this price bracket, it doesn't have as much bass as the GR07 but the treble is reportedly smoother. 

If you are more into V shaped or bass heavy signatures you will have to get advice from some other member as i don't have experience with iems that are tuned this way. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #261 of 270
So I'm getting the gr07 be, my gro7 mk2 broke..... Two questions, I don't want to redo the burn naturally this time. What audio file should I use to burn it in, and/or what else should I do? Second, what frequency should I alter to boost the mids, in case (what hz?).

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #262 of 270
These don't burn in much. I thought they did at first too, but after listening to a new pair vs a pair with 100 hours on it, there's not much of a difference. Treble tames ever so slightly, but that's about it. I wouldn't sweat the burn in.

Sep 12, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #263 of 270
Jokerl said on the review of vsd1s that:Overall, the VSD1S offers 90% of the performance of VSonic’s highly-regarded GR07 Bass Edition model at 1/4 the price. Enough said.

For real?

At $100 now on ebay account of lendmeurears, I would spend 100 bucks to get 100% performance, maybe its just me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #265 of 270
  the gr07 is worthy a try or wait for other vsd5s or stuff like that? 

The vsd7 which is meant to replace it is around the corner. I don't expect the vsd5 to be as good as the GR07 but you never know...

At $100 now on ebay account of lendmeurears, I would spend 100 bucks to get 100% performance, maybe its just me 
smily_headphones1.gif

Ratings like this are very subjective. For those that are looking for a similar signature, Joker's assessment might be right, but what i like the most about the GR07 is its speed. I really doubt the vsd1 or 3 are close to the GR07 in that regard. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #266 of 270
Is it just me or can no one else find the MKII on sale on amazon?
i can only see the BE edition and the classic edition. But i really am partial to the MKII because i heard the cables were ridiculously good. And i also prefer a more neutral sound vs a bassier sound
If someone has a link to a safe seller, could you please send it to me? THanks in advance!!!!

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #267 of 270
  Is it just me or can no one else find the MKII on sale on amazon?
i can only see the BE edition and the classic edition. But i really am partial to the MKII because i heard the cables were ridiculously good. And i also prefer a more neutral sound vs a bassier sound
If someone has a link to a safe seller, could you please send it to me? THanks in advance!!!!

The Classic version is the same as the MKII. 

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #268 of 270
Jokerl said on the review of vsd1s that:Overall, the VSD1S offers 90% of the performance of VSonic’s highly-regarded GR07 Bass Edition model at 1/4 the price. Enough said.

For real?

I have both VSD1S and GR07 CCE (I also had a GR07mk2 but got lost/stolen), I understand what Joker is saying that you can get 90% of the audio qualities on the VSD1S, the thing is once you hear the other 10% the 90% just doesn't seem to sound good enough.

If you haven't heard music through the GR07 then you will probably be satisfied with the VSD1S, but once you try it you'll understand that it does give you 90% but it can never give you full satisfaction. I'm not sure if I made any sense here. 

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #269 of 270
Hey Guys.

Based on the Glowing reviews I purchased these from Lendmeurears and received them on 1/28/15. I immediately put on a set of medium Sony Hybrids to have a Quick listen then Burn-in. At first impression they sounded very tinny. Ok. They now have 50 Hours burn in, and although they have filled out considerably, Sadly I'm still not impressed. Plus these are a very hard fit on my ears for some reason. I am using a Fiio E12 Amp and X1 Player Listening to several albums in High Resolution, one of them being a Robert Plant complete collection (9 Lives). It's not me, my wife and daughter concur. Quite Truthfully, my  newer AKG K374's, (with about 14hrs. burn in), absolutely destroy these in Bass, Midrange with a little more recessed Treble with no silibance, and a HUGE soundstage. Maybe we all just hear things differently. I would sure like to see some more reviews on that AKG K374. I am currently putting more burn in time on those Babies, and might get a second back up pair!!!!

With That being said: I am offering these here first before I list them on Ebay, Basically Un-Used, 50 Hrs Burn in, Original tips have never touched a human ear in PERFECT NEW WORKING CONDITION. any interested i'm asking 70.00 +shipping (around $6.00 Priority mail, sorry Lower 48 only.) We can do Pay Pal so you can have buyer protection. You can contact me here or Email me @ Gymzo@aol.com Will ship in the original Lendmeurears shipping carton as well.

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers here, They are Nice Earphones, just not for me. I look forward to giving you a detailed review of the AKG's at a later date.

BTW, I forgot to mention these are the New Classics in Blue.

TWIN

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #270 of 270
I own original GR07 MK1 and I realise that GR07 MK2 are pretty much unavliable these days but I stumbled upon this seller claiming to be offering MK2s. They do appear to come in a completely different box which seems a little strange to me (unless VSonic has been using these boxes for a while now).
What do you think? A knock off?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Original-VSONIC-GR07-R07-MKII-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Newest-Package/32460225595.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6_79_78_77_91_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back