Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03)
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #226 of 270
I bought them and I have some questions:

How I know it's the MK2 and not the GR07 that i've bought?

I have no idea whats the correct position to wear this. How should insert them and how deep? im scared to damage my ears (first IEM ive ever used)

I also have a problem with the jack... I need this to fit in inside the NI AK1, but I can't use the one that my DT770 came with because it's not one of these:

The one I have is like screwed in, not inserted, and the plastic thing on here cannot be used with it because it's too small so it's a bit loose. It emits sound but im not sure if there isn't any problem with it (anyone that owns a DT770 may know what im talking about)

Oct 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #228 of 270
Ok I pressed enough to make them go deeper on my ear and I got the proper frequencies and a bass going but... this thing is extremely uncomfortable. I don't know if im doing something wrong or what but it's impossible for me to properly fit them.. I think im too used to headphones.
If anyone wants brand new MK2's contact me via pm..

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #229 of 270
Have you tried the other tips? With so many available, just try them on. You might find one with a better fit.

That said, if none fits, then perhaps selling/trading them would be a solution. Just don't give up on them so fast, they are a good set of IEMs. :)

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #230 of 270
  Ok I pressed enough to make them go deeper on my ear and I got the proper frequencies and a bass going but... this thing is extremely uncomfortable. I don't know if im doing something wrong or what but it's impossible for me to properly fit them.. I think im too used to headphones.
If anyone wants brand new MK2's contact me via pm..

Is it a tip thing or a housing thing?

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #231 of 270
Get them inside your ears. It is perfectly healthy and it is also the only way you'll get good sound from IEMs. The GR07s are great IEMs, I'm loving my BE. Try to change some tips and don't be afraid to stick it all the way in, that's how it's supposed to be.

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #233 of 270
hi, i have been lurking on this forum for awhile now. Finally got around to creating an acount, anyhow just wondering which iem would be better for my music taste ; mkII or BE . i previously owned a pair of shure se425 but they were very neutral and lacked fun. However recently i have been using a pair of senn cx175 and i have to say it brings music back to life, there is more thump in the songs and it just sounds more alive. I listen to a wide range from house, indie ,hip hop, pop, trance.

thabks for the feedback guys

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #234 of 270
hi, i have been lurking on this forum for awhile now. Finally got around to creating an acount, anyhow just wondering which iem would be better for my music taste ; mkII or BE . i previously owned a pair of shure se425 but they were very neutral and lacked fun. However recently i have been using a pair of senn cx175 and i have to say it brings music back to life, there is more thump in the songs and it just sounds more alive. I listen to a wide range from house, indie ,hip hop, pop, trance.

thabks for the feedback guys

Seems like the bass edition would suit you a bit better then.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #236 of 270

Happy new year

Nice case, I have the same one on my Classic!

It's probably been a while since I posted on this thread. Basically what happened is I sold the GR07 MK2s I had over the summer and bought the UE900s, but I was never quite satisfied with them, nor the DUNU DN-1000s I got, or the ASG-2 I got for audition. They just didn't have the ideal tonality for me. Not that there's much wrong with any of those IEMs, it's just not what I was looking for. In addition to the ASG-2 I got for audition though, there was also a GR07 BE. I fell in love with them over again and bought a pair for myself which just showed up today.

I was looking on Innerfidelity's website and their measurements indicate that the BE isolates 5dB better than the MK2, has anyone else verified this? These do seem to isolate a bit better than the MK2s by memory. Are there any particular tips that give maximum isolation while retaining the overall sound? I tried some Klipsch tips and while they gave me excellent isolation, they killed off pretty much all the high frequencies.

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #237 of 270
yep, i have been leaning towards that direction, however i also really enjoy female vocals and readimg a few posts back, it seems as though the BE lessens the vocal expierence.

That was my opinion.

My problem is tips. Comply did something w/ their Ts-500 and now it not only does it fall off the nozzle, but the bass is ridiculous. I ordered some Sony Hybrid's off Sony's site and those have also changed. I used the Hybrids a couple years back, but lost them. The new Hybrids are all too small for my ears.

So right now, the GR-07's are not being used @ all. :frowning2:

May 27, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #238 of 270
Guys, I just received my replacement for gr07 mkII (was broken cable) from lendmeurears. I think it's not mkII version, I think my cable was thicker. Can anyone confirm which model is that? I feel it may be just GR07?

May 27, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #239 of 270
  Guys, I just received my replacement for gr07 mkII (was broken cable) from lendmeurears. I think it's not mkII version, I think my cable was thicker. Can anyone confirm which model is that? I feel it may be just GR07?

Given the silver wire, it's definitely the MKII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back